Mar 05, 2019, 06:17 PM
Hello, I purchased a Cap232 from Flex Innovations. I am trying to set it up with a Graupner mz-24 with a GR12L Hott receiver using SumD on channel 6. But the Aura just won't light up ....
I read on the blog hread that you need 8 ch receiver for the Aura 8?

Help

Best Regards
Patrick
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2019, 07:38 PM
Thread OP
We don't know how they implemented our SUMD protocol where we think the problem is. We know for sure that the 8CH RX is working.

However, if you update the GR12L to the latest firmware you may try to use SBUS as output protocol which may work for you.
Mar 06, 2019, 07:07 PM
Bunjas
Setting up my GR-18-Air in Heli Mode, with the gyros deactivated still, the three collective/cyclic servos all move in unison, up and down with collective stick input, however, when a cyclic input is activated, the servos move to their corresponding directions normally, but after the cyclic stick is released back to neutral...the servos drift slowly back to neutral.
I've looked at the servo activity screen and this delayed reaction is not represented on the transmitter.
I've reset the receiver by selecting "plane" mode, powering down, powering on, selecting "heli" mode, powering down, powering on and reprogramming helicopter model with the same results.
The servos are Futaba S9202 analogs. The ms is set to 20. The swashplate sensitivity is set to 100hz.
Transmitter model type is Heli, 1S, Gas.
Any clues?
Mar 06, 2019, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
This is normal behavior and you should not worry about it. The gyros are unloaded so they will keep on mushing around until there is a load such as your rotor spinning.

Since the flight controller is doing all the work, there is no feedback from the flight controller to the radio.

No need for resetting the radio.
Mar 06, 2019, 09:13 PM
Bunjas
Ok, as I've mentioned in earlier posts...I'm performing all of these functions outside of a heli. I wanted to see how a flight controller system worked before installation into an airframe.
Also, just want to mention that the behavior is the same both with and without gyro activation.
Mar 08, 2019, 07:22 PM
Mannie: When do you expect another shipment of the GR-12L SUMD diversity receivers (S1046)? I was all excited when I saw the latest sale, but that excitement was quickly squashed when I saw that the S1046 receivers were out of stock.
Mar 08, 2019, 08:15 PM
Thread OP
I still have a few with the wiring issue. If you want, send me a PM.
Mar 09, 2019, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
We don't know how they implemented our SUMD protocol where we think the problem is. We know for sure that the 8CH RX is working.

However, if you update the GR12L to the latest firmware you may try to use SBUS as output protocol which may work for you.
Thanks Mannie, I upgraded the rceiver... will try with both sbus and sumD
Mar 16, 2019, 01:31 PM
duplicated post
Last edited by SwampFlier; Mar 16, 2019 at 01:36 PM.
Mar 16, 2019, 01:33 PM
No luck.....
I updated the 12L to latest software and set up the MZ24 to SumD on CH6.
First issue the T outlet on the 12L is on Ch5....
Plugging the Aura on either Ch5 orCh6 results in the same... multicolored led does not lock on the signal

Regards
Patrick
Mar 16, 2019, 03:23 PM
Try the S-Bus option, if available...
Mar 16, 2019, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFlier
No luck.....
I updated the 12L to latest software and set up the MZ24 to SumD on CH6.
First issue the T outlet on the 12L is on Ch5....
Plugging the Aura on either Ch5 orCh6 results in the same... multicolored led does not lock on the signal

Regards
Patrick
If you take a look at the GR-12L manual it says: HoTT sum signal at channel 6 (SUMD): If you activate the digital sum signal at channel 6, a sum signal containing 8 channels is present at this socket, instead of a servo signal. If the transmitter is configured as SUMD,it generates permanently
from 8 control signals of the transmitter a digital sum signal which is emitted through the channel 6.

and if you look at the Aura 8 wiki...

Aura 8 - Receiver Connections
- Dedicated input port for single wire digital connection via S.Bus® (Futaba®) or SRXL (SPM) or JR® XBus (mode B) or Graupner (SUMD of 8) or analog PPM stream (Fr Sky, Spektrum AR7700)

Here is the Aura wiki for Graupner sumd
http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki...raupnerHottUse
Mar 17, 2019, 06:39 AM
ned
ned
I’ve just bought an MZ-16 and I’m busy converting models from Hitec to HOTT. The transmitter feels nice in the hands and looks great although I’m finding the manual inadequate as the programming is so complex. The help screens are useful though and now I’ve found these YouTube videos I’m sure it will make it easier.
One thing I would like to change urgently though is the loss of telemetry voice alert from the Tx whenever I turn off a receiver. It goes on forever and there doesn’t seem to be any way to mute it other than turning off the RF. Can I stop it happening?
Mar 17, 2019, 06:49 AM
'n boer maak 'n plan
I would suggest assigning the volume to a knob so you can turn it down. Go to the system menu and will find an option to assign a control to all the different voice options.
Also check out my channel for videos on the Graupner radio: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZu..._as=subscriber
Mar 17, 2019, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ned
I’ve just bought an MZ-16 and I’m busy converting models from Hitec to HOTT. The transmitter feels nice in the hands and looks great although I’m finding the manual inadequate as the programming is so complex. The help screens are useful though and now I’ve found these YouTube videos I’m sure it will make it easier.
One thing I would like to change urgently though is the loss of telemetry voice alert from the Tx whenever I turn off a receiver. It goes on forever and there doesn’t seem to be any way to mute it other than turning off the RF. Can I stop it happening?
I own a MZ32, but the MZ16 has the same platform so this should work as well for your MZ16.

Select the System Set Menu, there you will find 2 available Settings - Warn. mute and Active.
You can assign a switch (any physical switch or logical switch) to Warn.Mute, turning alarms off and a different switch (or position) to once again activate the alarms.

Caution: Make sure you don’t forget to reactivate warnings before you take off. You don’t want to miss any critical announcements!

Quick Reply