Nov 29, 2013, 02:13 PM
Thread OP
Sale will go on till Monday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrego
Sale is up on openhobby. Some good deals to be had. Is it only good today or does the sale continue this weekend?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. I'll be ordering a radio wih a few receivers in a little bit.

Looking at pictures and videos, it appears that the Mz24 has a. Module slot, albeit one that is slightly obscured by the battery. Does it? If not, not a big deal, but it's always nice to have the flexibility.
Nov 29, 2013, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
The battery compartment has no slots but for connecting the battery. All other slots should be easily accessible also for adding additional modules such as Bluetooth and Smart Box.
Nov 29, 2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks, just placed a large order for an MZ-24 along with 3 extra receivers, vario, and a cable I need. Ended up getting the 2 day shipping option with the money I saved from your sale. Can't wait to get it and try it out!
Nov 29, 2013, 05:40 PM
Thread OP
We appreciate your business!

We are here to help and support if you need anything.
Nov 29, 2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks, if I have one suggestion, it would be to offer USPS shipping as well. The same 2 day service from the USPS would have been $20 or so instead of the FedEX at $70. I would have bought more equipment if I'd have saved that much on shipping.
Nov 29, 2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
Mike, on the 6 channel RX you will have to give up one channel to enable telemetry. This is channel 5 on the 12L.

The way to do it is to go into the telemetry menu and do the over the air configuration "Setting and Data View" (this is where you program your receivers and telemetry modules) .

You will see a new menu where you can program different telemetry values applicable to your receiver.

The line "SENSOR at CH5" is you need to change to yes to enable telemetry on the 12L.

Let me know if there are any questions.
That did it - thanks!
Nov 29, 2013, 08:09 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Thanks, if I have one suggestion, it would be to offer USPS shipping as well. The same 2 day service from the USPS would have been $20 or so instead of the FedEX at $70. I would have bought more equipment if I'd have saved that much on shipping.
I think that should be an option too. I was quoted $100.03 to Canada.

Have some email traffic to support to try and work something out. It's a non-starter @ 100 beans.
Dec 02, 2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
If somebody could point me to a solution that will allow:
1. Real-time Airspeed on the telemetry screen of the MC-20 with ability to set alarms.

2. Logging of that data in the same file as the rest of the telemetry

....I will make a listing immediately to sell off the Spektrum gear. ...
Perhaps it is time to sell off the Spektrum gear. I think this is what you are looking for:

CB Electronics Speed Sensor.

Speed output by display and voice and data is logged to the Tx SD card together with other telemetry data.
Price in Europe is approx. 85 Euros.
Last edited by Red B.; Dec 02, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
Dec 02, 2013, 07:05 PM
I am impressed with the service at Openhobby.com. Spent some time corresponding with Matt in Service and Support about combining items in my order for shipment, and he was very helpful, and made sure that my order got out fast. So far I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to try something new and place a large order. You have earned my business.
Dec 02, 2013, 10:49 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red B.
Perhaps it is time to sell off the Spektrum gear.
Exactly what I am doing.
Quote:
I think this is what you are looking for:
Close, low end of 30km/h isn't very good though.
Dec 03, 2013, 12:36 PM
I doubt that you will find a pitot speed sensor that provides accurate results at speeds much below 30 km/h (approx. 19 mph.) at a reasonable price. Even though some manufacturers claim lower minimum speeds, my experience is that the precision isn't much to write home about.

Possibly the best and and most versatile alternative is to get a WS-Tech Link Vario Duo which gives you the option of connectiong a SM Modellbau pitot tube sensor and if you so whish, a GPS while at the same time providing a very accurate total enrgy compensated variometer.

Another alternative is to connect the SM Modellbau pitot tube to their Unilog 2 datalogger which connnects to the Hott Rx telemetry input.

I do not know whether or not these options allow data to be saved to the Tx SD-card or not.
The Unilog 2 has it own micro SDcard that allow data to be saved at a rate of 20 samples per second.
Last edited by Red B.; Dec 03, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Dec 03, 2013, 08:44 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
The Unilog 2 has it own micro SDcard that allow data to be saved at a rate of 20 samples per second.
I was thinking the Unilog looked like it might be the best setup. I Guess I could live with it logging on a different card as long as it could be displayed and alarmed on the Tx while flying.
Dec 03, 2013, 09:11 PM
What does the Bluetooth module do? I have an MZ24 coming and wondering what benefit I'd see from it.
Dec 03, 2013, 09:23 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
What does the Bluetooth module do? I have an MZ24 coming and wondering what benefit I'd see from it.
"HoTT Bluetooth v2.1+ EDR Module with 115200 baud for use with an Android mobile phone (firmware >=2.2) for display of telemetry data on the mobile hone and speech output via mobile phone.
The timing of the speech output can be set and output individually.
The warnings can be defined on the mobile phone."

http://www.modellhobby.de/Electronic...=14880&p=14880

Quick Reply