Apr 04, 2014, 06:17 AM
No bounce, No play.
You tried it doing only the steps I described?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2014, 06:31 AM
Hi David,
Thanks for the input. This is a powered plane so I tried it with a new model but used a switch to control a phase. The phase comes up in the wing mixer menu but does not output any thing other than (0) to the servo channel. Channel 6 works if I say just put a switch on it or stick but just not through the wing mixer. Any other "ail flap" version it works.
I will try it excatly like you described but not sure what that will tell me.
Thanks
Apr 04, 2014, 06:45 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird2800
....not sure what that will tell me.
Thanks
It is the basic starting point that I begin with to see the channel moving.

Then from there under "Control Adjust" I change the "typ" to PH (Phase) for channel 6.

Then you can adjust the phase timing to slow down the flaps.
Apr 04, 2014, 07:08 AM
Thanks, I will try that to see what happens.

May have it wrong but if Phases are set up then under Phase Trim you can set flap position with out going to the Wing Mixer menu. The Wing Mixer menu gives more options but I simply need to be able to set flap position for each Phase. With Phase specific trims I have just trim the plane in flight in different flap positions.

With 2ali2flap the 6-7 channel output is a default. They work through either phase trim or wing mixer without changing anything in Control Adjust. Don't understand why this is not true for 1ali1flap?
Apr 04, 2014, 07:14 AM
Thread OP
Have you assigned a control to your flaps?
Apr 04, 2014, 07:17 AM
On other planes so far I just set up phases and used them to control the flaps. Do I have to assign the same switch to flap in 1ali1fap to make it work with phases?
Apr 04, 2014, 07:34 AM
No bounce, No play.
OK. Hold the phone. Now I see the issue you are presenting. You are right, the Phase Trim does not move channel 6 in 1AIL1FLP. I was totally not seeing what I though I was in last post. Hmmmmmmm?
Apr 04, 2014, 07:48 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird2800
....Do I have to assign the same switch to flap in 1ali1fap to make it work with phases?
I think that is what I am seeing, got into Wing Mixer:Brake Settings. Highlight the value box beside Crow. Now make a percentage input. Flip your Phase switches and make other percentage adjustments to make your flaps travel the way you want.

Forget what I said about Control Adjust, just leave it on GL.

Now your Phases should be controlling your flaps.

It seems you are right, it does not work with Phase Trim like other wing types, at least that is what I am seeing.

Maybe that is a small bug in the firmware.
Apr 04, 2014, 11:16 AM
I havea plane with 4 aileron servos. Now I don't see the option in the wing config for 4 ailerons.
Apr 04, 2014, 12:18 PM
David, That is the problem. Figures...I'm out of channels so I can't split things up for 2 flap channels.
Apr 04, 2014, 12:35 PM
No bounce, No play.
Just a six channel Rx?

It functions just as well though doesn't it? Just a different way of getting there?
Apr 04, 2014, 01:57 PM
Its an 8 channel. Wonder if I put in 1ali2flap and just reassign channel 7. Thinking I will switch channel 7 to channel 9 and channel 9 to channel 7. Will try when I get home later tonight.

Would like to hear from Graupner if he has any input.
Thanks Again
Last edited by yellowbird2800; Apr 04, 2014 at 02:03 PM.
Apr 04, 2014, 02:56 PM
No bounce, No play.
I don't see a 1AIL2FLP choice in the menu.
Apr 04, 2014, 11:55 PM
There isn't, I did the 2ali1flap and it seems to work. Have to connect to receiver to see if channel reassignment works but it works in servo view. Hopefully they will fix that. Hard to believe I'm the first one to have this issue.
Apr 10, 2014, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrider
Upgrade finally started and it shut the radio off. Message that upgrade failed and radio screen is blank. Power light will not turn off unless battery is unplugged.

Need to get a call or will have to return the radio.
Exactly what happened to me to. Have sent my tx back to lindinger. Will see if they can fixit ?

Quick Reply