Mar 29, 2014, 07:17 PM
Thread OP
Have been asking R&D the same for a while.

Will let you know when they let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr
I was wondering when I have the RF off. Why does it say ON/RF on the home screen?
Frank
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2014, 02:42 PM

Having Difficulty with Instruction Manual

In the process of trying to set 3 dual rates and multiple flap rates on switches, I have run into a wall with the instruction manual. I have been too influenced by the other radios I program.
I finally realized that the second box on the dual rate screen is not a second rate, but the other side of the throw. I guess I have never run in to an occasion when I would want different throws on the port or starboard aileron.
I can get two settings, but no matter what I do with the 3 position switch settings, on or off, I only get two settings. The quick link settings don't seem to do this either.

Not sure where to go from here. I got two positions on flaps, off and on at a set rate. Can't get the third.

I guess I need something more than the manual. My past knowledge of other systems is confusing me to no end.

I even found that binding works well if you hold down the switch on the receiver and touch the soft key on the screen at the same time. Doing them separately as in the manual did not produce a bind for me. The other way is instant.

If I could figure it out, I would gladly write some supplemental instructions for free.
Mar 31, 2014, 10:20 AM
I see that there is a new firmware version 1.0.19 out. I updated to v.17 last week. Went to the field and my non Normal flight modes were all strange on my son's MZ_18. I checked my plane with a similar program and a MX-24 and it had the same behavior. I figured that it must have been the firmware upgrade as that has been the only change and the only thing common between the two radios. I was going to downgrade to v.16 but saw the v.19. I applied it and things are back as they should be. Not sure what happened but I'm happy that there was a fix so quickly.

I went back to the field and enjoyed the first flight of my Tragi with the new radio. Been to cold and bad weather here since the fall. Telemetry worked great using the GPS/vario module. I will post a Google Map trace of a flight later.
Apr 01, 2014, 12:25 AM
Thread OP
You can have multiple Q.Links where you can set different dual rates under each flight mode.

You nailed down the binding process. At least that's how I do it but I pay little attention to it as I am sometimes doing it multiple times a day on autopilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrider
In the process of trying to set 3 dual rates and multiple flap rates on switches, I have run into a wall with the instruction manual. I have been too influenced by the other radios I program.
I finally realized that the second box on the dual rate screen is not a second rate, but the other side of the throw. I guess I have never run in to an occasion when I would want different throws on the port or starboard aileron.
I can get two settings, but no matter what I do with the 3 position switch settings, on or off, I only get two settings. The quick link settings don't seem to do this either.

Not sure where to go from here. I got two positions on flaps, off and on at a set rate. Can't get the third.

I guess I need something more than the manual. My past knowledge of other systems is confusing me to no end.

I even found that binding works well if you hold down the switch on the receiver and touch the soft key on the screen at the same time. Doing them separately as in the manual did not produce a bind for me. The other way is instant.

If I could figure it out, I would gladly write some supplemental instructions for free.
Apr 01, 2014, 12:40 AM
Thread OP
Mark, yes a new version with some minor fixes including a major addition for battery calibration. We did not announce it yet as we wanted to test it a bit more but seems that R&D was ahead of us uploading to the firmware server updater.

Will you be in Toledo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller
I see that there is a new firmware version 1.0.19 out. I updated to v.17 last week. Went to the field and my non Normal flight modes were all strange on my son's MZ_18. I checked my plane with a similar program and a MX-24 and it had the same behavior. I figured that it must have been the firmware upgrade as that has been the only change and the only thing common between the two radios. I was going to downgrade to v.16 but saw the v.19. I applied it and things are back as they should be. Not sure what happened but I'm happy that there was a fix so quickly.

I went back to the field and enjoyed the first flight of my Tragi with the new radio. Been to cold and bad weather here since the fall. Telemetry worked great using the GPS/vario module. I will post a Google Map trace of a flight later.
Apr 01, 2014, 01:10 AM
Thread OP

New firmware 1.019 available for mz-18 and mz-24 radios.

This release (1.019) addresses a few errors and adds a new battery calibration utility which will assist in better fuel gauging.

Now, after calibration and after fully charging the battery the “BATT TIME” will reset itself to zero and start a new time and usage count.

Use the firmware upgrade studio to update your radio.

The attached document will show how to perform the calibration.
Apr 01, 2014, 08:25 AM

Graupner Radio’s and HoTT Products

I note that you may need to tap the + - 2/10's to get the battery value to the right level
display. I had to +10 quite a few times to get a readout of 4.4V that my lipo was outputting.

I would like to say what a great service all you GRAUPNER GUYS are providing !!
Apr 01, 2014, 12:49 PM
Hi
Thinking of getting a MC 20 or MC 16 here in the uk. The MC16 really appeals because I like to have as few switches as possible. Been searching all the literature I can find and the Graupner website as I am interested in how the MC 16 can run with the better features of the MC 20. Does anyone now if you can unlock the features as you go paying for what you need or is it one simple upgrade?. If I have to I will get a MC 20 and remove half of the switches!
Apr 01, 2014, 01:43 PM
Thread OP
The software unlocking option for the mc-16 has been discontinued a while back.

In my opinion you will be better off with the mc-20 in case you need some of the mc-20 features.
Apr 01, 2014, 01:56 PM
Thanks for that, don't think I would of been a happy bunny if I had bought the MC16 and then found I couldn't update it! Looks like a MC 20 on order tomorrow then.
Apr 01, 2014, 06:54 PM
Thread OP
You will be happy with the mc-20. Still my favorite.
Apr 03, 2014, 02:01 PM

Dual Rates and Expos

Still trying to find the way to assign a 3 position switch to Dual Rates or Flaps.
In the attached photo, you can see that on a DX9 you simply name the switch, and then move the switch to the 3 positions to assign values. Once you move the switch to the position you enter the values for that position.

Have tried combinations of on and off on the switch assignments and always end up with two values only. Could not get the quick link association.

I also want to do this for flaps. None, take off, and landing.

I can get my MZ-24 to do two, but not three. Can't get how to assign "Quick Link" to make this happen. Someone must be able to explain this step by step.

Thanks for the help.
Apr 03, 2014, 08:46 PM
I am programing a MC20 for 1ali1flap. Flap output should be on channel 6 correct? Can not get it to work. If I select 2ali1flap or 2ali2flap which is how all my other planes are configured it works fine but not in 1ali1flap mode. This is both looking at the servo view on transmitter and with servos connected to receiver. I have tried removing all control assignment and pretty much everything else I can think of. Updated firmware hoping that would be the fix but nope. Any ideas? thanks
Apr 04, 2014, 04:04 AM
No bounce, No play.
I get it to work on channel 6. Starting with a blank model setting 1AIL1FLP then Under Wing Mixers, Brake Settings, Crow. Set the value to something and move the throttle (Left) stick up and down I see channel 6 moving.

Seems that is a glider default but easy now to change what activates channel 6.
Apr 04, 2014, 05:28 AM
I have tried a blank new model but still does not work. I should add that I am using flight phases to control flaps.

Quick Reply