Feb 09, 2014, 03:16 AM
Thread OP
New firmware available for all of our HoTT telemetry modules. Please use the Firmware Upgrade Studio to perform the update.

There is now an option available in the user settings menu to have data displayed in Metric or English format. Please note that the telemetry voice sound files will be updated later.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2014, 10:57 AM

Telemetry Screen

Hi, is there a way to prevent the telemetry screen from flipping through all of the available screens?
Feb 17, 2014, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
Not really. The TX identifies automatically which modules are connected to the RX and sets up the menu's according to the sensors installed.

Best way is to have the menu you need to have during flight already selected or better, use the voice telemetry announcements.
Feb 25, 2014, 11:58 PM
Just wondering how the latency is on the 24? I heard it can loose it with the telemetry? The A9 had that problem.
Mar 04, 2014, 12:35 PM

Missing feature in Graupner MC-32

Hello,

When I compare my Graupner MC-32 with my Graupner MC-20, it seems like my MC-32 is missing a feature.

This is my setup (identical on both transmitters):
  1. Model 1 in transmitter is binded to a GR-24 (also as telemetry receiver).
  2. Model 2 in transmitter is binded to a GR-12 (also as telemetry receiver).
GR-24 is placed in my model boat.
GR-12 is placed in my model car.

Graupner MC-32
When I switch both models ON, they are active and it does not matter which model I select on my transmitter. They work in sync (not a good idea).

Graupner MC-20
When I switch both models ON, only the selected model on the transmitter can be controlled. The other model stays inactive (fail safe).

I would like my Graupner MC-32 to have the same feature as my Graupner MC-20. Also, my MC-32 costs almost twice the price as the MC-20, and therefore the feature should be there.

Note: All transmitters and receivers are of course updated with the lastest software as of March 1, 2014 (from www.graupner.de).
Mar 04, 2014, 01:02 PM
No bounce, No play.
I thought by checking out my MC-20 there was no actual "Model Match" as in the Rx's would still work, there was just a warning that you were on the wrong one.

I never played with it much so that may be wrong.

EDIT: Just did a test on my MC-20 and this is true. If you have two Rx's turned on, including the correct one for the Model Memory Slot selected, the Tx is happy as it is communicating with the Rx that is bound to that slot.

The other Rx that is not bound to that slot will also respond. (servos will move)

If you have only one Rx turned on, and it is the incorrect Rx, the servos will still move, but the Tx emits a constant beeping telling you that it does not see the correct Rx.

If you have your volume turned down you will not get the beeping but you will see two flashing icons on the bottom screen and you will get no telemetry display on the upper screen.

Further EDIT: Also of note; if you have two Rx's bound to the two bind slots of one Model Memory, as long as the second Rx, which is the telemetry transmitter is turned on, the Tx is happy and stops the beep warning.
Last edited by davidmc36; Mar 04, 2014 at 03:23 PM.
Mar 08, 2014, 12:29 PM
@davidmc36
Thanks for your input.

@Graupner Support
What is the idea behind binding a receiver to a specific model when the binding seems to be global in the transmitter?

I know that telemetry is only shown on my mc-32 for the receiver binded to the active/selected model, but all other functions (servos etc) are working on all receivers when they have power switched on (even if they are binded to different models in the mc-32).

It would be very nice if a receiver (with power on) would default to its Fail Safe settings when another model is selected on the mc-32. And of course stay in Fail Safe until I select that model again.

Please respond!
Last edited by MichaelBM; Mar 09, 2014 at 09:53 AM.
Mar 08, 2014, 01:14 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBM

Please respond!
Yes, Please do!!

I was somewhat surprised at the way it works after using Spektrum, which simply does not respond if the wrong model is selected.

Having said that it seems effective. Even though the Rx responds, the warnings that tell you the wrong one is responding seem adequate to keep you from attempting to fly it.

But what about if you have extreme travels set on one model and another that can be damaged if your servos travel that far happen to be the ones you turn on? Say flaps are selected down and you turn on the Rx and drive the flaps past their physical limit.

Or what if you do have two Rx's bound for a certain model and only one fires up? You would not know that the second one is not functioning unless you make sure and check the LED on the Rx. Mind you that would be no different with Spektrum's system. If you had functions on the secondary Rx that were not used right away you would not know if it is working. Makes a pre-flight check mandatory, which it should be anyway.

All in all I would prefer to have it such that the Rx does not respond at all if wrong memory is selected.

I wonder if this could be altered with a firmware change?

Does Graupner keep a running list of ideas/feature requests/bugs that get considered for future firmware updates?
Mar 08, 2014, 07:13 PM
I purchased the rpm sensors for the gas motors. I actually bought one of each. The only problem is there's no instructions on how to mount them.

I programmed my first plane on it and it was very eazy! I tried it with and without the wizard and both ways worked out pretty quick.

A couple things I'd like to have a firmware update for would be,

Voice confirmations when you activate a dual rate,flap switch,mix etc.

Triple rates instead of dual rates.

And a way to silence warnings/alarms with a switch. I shut off the plane and the RX voltage alarm went off and I couldn't silence it without turning off the TX.
Mar 08, 2014, 07:16 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr

And a way to silence warnings/alarms with a switch. I shut off the plane and the RX voltage alarm went off and I couldn't silence it without turning off the TX.
I like the way you think.
Mar 09, 2014, 09:23 PM
Thread OP

From the MZ radio perspective you are looking at a function that allows you to assign a switch to a MP3 file. This is something we are looking into adding in the future.
Use Q.Link (flight modes) to have as many rates as you need.
I hear you. For now go to the TX ctl menu and turn of the TX transmission.
Mar 09, 2014, 10:56 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
From the MZ radio perspective you are looking at a function that allows you to assign a switch to a MP3 file. This is something we are looking into adding in the future.
Now that is something that would be genius to add to all the voice capable radios.

If it were made so that there were many "slots" where you could do this, like 30 or 40 different assignments, and each one could have one to four conditions that needed to be met....say Switch "A" in Position0, AND Switch "B" in Position1, AND momentary Switch "C" to Position2 = Play .mp3 "Flaps Down". That would make it possible to flip a momentary switch and have the radio tell me what position my flaps are currently selected to, not just tell me when I do it. Also have the choice of "OR" "NOT" etc.

If this type of capability were added to these radios, coupled with the already existing sensible pricing, high quality hardware and programming features that are already approaching the flexibility of Open Source it would blow pretty much any competition out of the water.
Mar 10, 2014, 06:41 AM
I'm setting up my plane with the 6ch RX. Now I have an aileron plugged into the #5ch and it's also shared with the telemetry slot. What do I do? I have the general engine module. Do I use a Y harness for this?
Thank you!
Frank
Mar 10, 2014, 08:55 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr
I'm setting up my plane with the 6ch RX. Now I have an aileron plugged into the #5ch and it's also shared with the telemetry slot. What do I do? I have the general engine module. Do I use a Y harness for this?
Thank you!
Frank
You need to change the designation of channel 5 in the Settings and Data View of the TX or with the Smart Box to make it into a telemetry slot. You cannot use it for a servo then. Move your channel mapping to put the aileron on a different slot.

From GR-12 manual:

"With telemetry sensors connected to socket 5, servos will not longer work at this output!
Note: to use the telemetry function of channel 5, select the telemetry menu SETTING AND DATA VIEW of the transmitter or Smart-Box, go to the Display „RX CURVE“ and “5CH FUNCTION“ and select „SENSOR“ instead of „SERVO“. With telemetry sensors connected to socket 5, servos will not longer work at this output!"
Mar 10, 2014, 11:18 AM
@Graupner Support
What is the idea behind binding a receiver to a specific model when the binding seems to be global in the transmitter?

I know that telemetry is only shown on my mc-32 for the receiver binded to the active/selected model, but all other functions (servos etc) are working on all receivers when they have power switched on (even if they are binded to different models in the mc-32).

It would be very nice if a receiver (with power on) would default to its Fail Safe settings when another model is selected on the mc-32. And of course stay in Fail Safe until I select that model again.

Please respond!

Quick Reply