Mar 29, 2015, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Te
What do the SH and SC designations mean in the receiver lineup?
They indicate the connector types: SH = JST-SH (tinier than tiny) and SC = JST-ZH (just tiny). All other receivers use regular servo connectors.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2015, 01:15 AM
Fire Marshall Bill
Thanks Bum.
Mar 31, 2015, 10:43 AM
Gary
How do you "daisy chain" two GR24 recievers together? I'd like some redundancy, and know you can bind your Tx with 2 Rx for the same model, but how do you connect and set them up?
Thanks!
Mar 31, 2015, 11:08 AM
There are two ways to implement two receivers.

1. Bind them individually. This approach does not require any connection between receivers, not even power if you have redundant power sources. The last bound receiver becomes the master for telemetry purposes.

2. Bind one receiver and make a wired connection to the other receiver. This requires receivers capable of SUMO and SUMI: you'd connect the bound receiver's SUMO port to the second receiver's SUMI port. In theory, I think you could daisy chain as many receivers as you wanted with this approach.

I'd bet a combination of the two methods is possible too: bind both receivers and then physically daisy chain additional receivers off of them.
Last edited by TheBum; Mar 31, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:20 AM
No bounce, No play.
Be aware that if you connect any servos to the Rx designated SUMO and it loses reception those servos will go to fail-safe positions. The SUMO Rx will not get signal from the SUMI Rx, it only flows one direction.

I thought if doing this it would only be of benefit if the Satellite Rx's were only used as signal devices, much the same as a Spektrum setup. Unless you had functions not critical to flight that would be better positioned based on the position of the Sat Rx.

If you download one of the manuals for MC-20/MC-32 etc. there is a pretty good description of how it works.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:52 AM
Gary
Yea, I was wondering what would happen if you bound 2 Rx (not connected) and "Y" them into the PPM input on the Mikrokopter. Does this offer redundancy or interference? I have a lot of carbon fiber on my Multirotors and thought one on the front and one on the back might help.
Mar 31, 2015, 12:08 PM
No bounce, No play.
I'm guessing it would just play havoc even if only due to the two Rx's getting signal a few milliseconds apart.

In your case I would just get some of the longer antennae that could be placed on the other side of the Quad and use minimum of Rx's that have two whiskers. That's what I have on my Quads.
Mar 31, 2015, 06:33 PM
Has anyone had this situation?

Aircraft is turn on first and then radio is turned on, however the radio is on a different model. And the odd thing is the servos still move.

This is on a gasser so there's no chance that the motor will spin.

Is this normal, or is there something odd?
Scott
Mar 31, 2015, 06:47 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
This is normal, but the radio will bark at you about signal strenght.
Never ever fly a plane when you get that message as you may be on the wrong model. Oh and don't just re-teach the receiver and go fly. Down may be up and up is very expensive.
Mar 31, 2015, 06:57 PM
Right, the signal strength beep and verbal message was loud and clear.

Can this type of crossover cause the receiver to get confused? as in change settings? Since many of the settings are stored in the rx I'm wondering if that can happen.
Mar 31, 2015, 07:03 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
If I understand you correctly: You are concerned about corrupting the settings for your model? Not in my experience.
I have complained many times in the past about how convoluted it is to switch between models so you can deduce that I switch between them often.
I have never had a problem that the setup gets corrupted because of that.
Mar 31, 2015, 07:14 PM
Okay, thanks for your feedback
Mar 31, 2015, 07:15 PM
Thread OP
All of this will change with a forthcoming update called HoTTSync.
Mar 31, 2015, 07:17 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
Where can I get more information on what that means?
Mar 31, 2015, 07:22 PM
Thread OP
We are in the process of writing the release notes.

Quick Reply