Jan 25, 2014, 11:10 PM
I'm New
Does this support head tracker? I bought one as well. Haven't tried head tracker.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2014, 10:24 PM
Thread OP

New mz-18 and mz-24 Firmware 1.014 Available

New firmware version 1.014 is now available (English & German).

Changes from 1.013 to 1.014

1. Fixed throttle trim in ACRO mode
2. Fixed green bar indication during program mixes
3. Fixed D/R and EXP graph after changing to a new model
4. Fixed rare occasion where pressing repeatedly the NEXT button in the telemetry menu could cause a transmitter reset.
5. Updated the RPM indication of the Electric Air Module
6. RPM is now transferred when using the Bluetooth module and Electric Air Module
7. ESC temperature is now transferred when using the Bluetooth module

Please use the Firmware Upgrade Studio version 3.7 to update your mz-18 or mz-24 available at www.openhobby.com
Jan 30, 2014, 03:42 AM

Mode 2 to Mode 1 conversion

I am a new MZ-24 owner.

My thanks Matt at OH for his guidance and further notes on the procedure to convert the transmitter from Mode 2 to Mode 1 operation.

For those who may be interested, the MZ-24 transmitter can be 'Mode' converted without removing and transferring the coil spring (!). No need to open it up and unplug looms, perform 'micro-surgery' using tweezers to transplant the gimbal spring, extract and replace itty bitty screws, etc. Brilliant.

Changing the electronic setting to any Mode you like is also a snap. Too easy.

I now have the throttle on the right with drag and ratchet 'custom set' by me to just how I like it. Twisting a screw in the battery compartment disables 'elevator' spring centreing and reversing the action on the other screw enables it on the 'new' elevator side. You adjust the spring tension by turning a cam screw in the battery compartment, accessible with the battery lid off. Convenient. Again, no need to open the shell to do it, unlike every other transmitter I have owned.

The rubber grip also comes away from the back of the case with gentle lifting, so you can access and adjust the stick drag / ratchet cam screws hidden under the grip on the chosen side for the throttle stick. Start by lifting the grip rubber on the corner near the slider lever and take your time. When you are done, the grip hold-down studs pop back in the case without a drama. A little finger pressure and you would never know it has been lifted. Quality moulding means the parts match closely for a smooth, ripple-free join line.

My work station won't accept the driver for the firmware 14 upgrade . No issue, I'll just try to load it on my home laptop.

A cautionary note for owners of the MZ-24 who like to fiddle ... err ... explore / change settings, just to see what will happen.

DO NOT change the Tx battery spec from LiPo to NiHi with the set powered. I did . Now the delightful lady inside won't stop telling me my Tranny battery is low. No getting out of the warning screen either. I am going to have to power up with a 4.8 volt NiHi pack patched in (using a 6" extension lead) to shut her up; and then switch the battery setting back to LiPo.

With the speaker on '5' her voice is plenty loud enough .
Last edited by fiery; Feb 01, 2014 at 05:57 PM.
Jan 31, 2014, 02:57 PM
I have a question about Trim assignments. In the Trim Step menu there is T1-4 which is self explanitory. Then there is the ability to assign DT1 and 2 to a particular channel. Is there a way to assign the the different rotary knobs, side sliders or DV on the MZ-24 as trims on the other 6 channels?
Feb 02, 2014, 02:38 AM
Thread OP
No that is not possible. You can assign these controls only as a channel of your choice.

Would be a nice option to have though.
Feb 02, 2014, 10:59 PM
Its confusing that all these controls positions are viewable through the Trim Step/View menu. If you can see them there you would think you could use them as trim controls.

I am programming a full house sailplane. I could set them to a channel of my choice to "trim" the surface but I don't have enough mixes in some flight modes.
Feb 02, 2014, 11:11 PM
I'm New
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller
Its confusing that all these controls positions are viewable through the Trim Step/View menu. If you can see them there you would think you could use them as trim controls.

I am programming a full house sailplane. I could set them to a channel of my choice to "trim" the surface but I don't have enough mixes in some flight modes.

And could we stop it from beeping every key press?

I mean, telemetry voice is so low with volume at 1, and when it's at 5, the beep is freaking loud.
Feb 03, 2014, 12:30 AM
Thread OP
Noted.

If you like you can mail me your model file and I can have a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller

Feb 03, 2014, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
So you want to be able to disable the beeping unrelated to the volume setting of the telemetry voice volume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix
And could we stop it from beeping every key press?

I mean, telemetry voice is so low with volume at 1, and when it's at 5, the beep is freaking loud.
Feb 03, 2014, 09:42 AM
I'm New
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
So you want to be able to disable the beeping unrelated to the volume setting of the telemetry voice volume?
Yes sir, with the option to turn off the beep separately from the master volume would make this radio perfect for me.

I am quite satisfied that I replaced my hitec aurora 9 with graupner.

The ability of turning off the beep was what I miss about my hitec.

Please make me forget my hitec
Feb 05, 2014, 08:54 AM
Hi,

I own now a MZ-12, after an old MC-19 + 2.4GHZ module. Happy with it, but is it any chance to see the german handbook translated to english soon ?
Feb 05, 2014, 08:58 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurodo
Hi,

I own now a MZ-12, after an old MC-19 + 2.4GHZ module. Happy with it, but is it any chance to see the german handbook translated to english soon ?
http://www.airtekhobbies.com/downloads/mz12.pdf
Feb 05, 2014, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Hi,

no I already have the one you indicate me. This new line of Graupner manuals are really useless to mastering the power of these transmitters.

I speak about a english version of the great 208 pages handbook, full of great informations and exemples about how to program the radio and use HOTT system.

I got the german one with my radio:

but even if I speak german a little bit, many subtilities are beyond my sentences understanding.
I really hope THIS handbook will be translated in english and french (as were all the MX line ones).

Thanks anyway
Feb 05, 2014, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
We are in the process of translating and reviewing some of our manuals to other languages. We will notify our forum users when they will become available.

Meanwhile if you have any questions please feel free to ask and we will help you out.
Feb 06, 2014, 04:08 PM
Hello,

I wanted to upgrade my MZ-12 to the last firmware 1.051, as I already did for a MX-12 V2. So I used USB adapter 7168.6 + cable 7168.S, connected to upper raw back of the TX, but it doesn't work.

I user grStudio 3.7 and the same adapter-cable combination works flawlessly with receivers and modules.

In the SZ-12 manual it is said to use cable 6466.S. No way to use 7168.S instead ?

Kurodo

Quick Reply