Nov 20, 2017, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoehnelli
I just got my mz24. I am wanting to do some simple modding. Do they sell the faceplates like the red ones on the pro? Are the Pro gimbals available for sale? I have done some searching and have found neither. Thanks
I asked the question previously and was told "no" because it would require an almost complete disassembly of the radio. The MZ-12 faceplates are held in place a different way.

For helicopter use, I found the MZ-24 gimbals exhibited the same stickiness on collective that every other radio I've owned with plastic gimbals has. It wasn't something that non-stick ironing sheet material didn't fix. The MZ-24 Pro gimbals did not require any mods for smooth collective.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2017, 02:55 PM
The face plates on the mz24 look removable with those allen heads? If so I could easily remove them and hydro dip or paint them. What is your trick with dryer sheets TheBum?
Nov 20, 2017, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoehnelli
The face plates on the mz24 look removable with those allen heads? If so I could easily remove them and hydro dip or paint them.
Nope. There are additional screws that go in through the back that are obscured by the main circuit board, which means you have to remove the circuit board to get at them.

Quote:
What is your trick with dryer sheets TheBum?
Not dryer sheets, non-stick pressing sheets like this:
http://www.joann.com/june-tailor-non...-stick&start=1

Here's how you use them:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=601785

I've done two plastic-gimbaled transmitters using this method (DX9 and MZ-24) and collective was silky smooth on both.
Nov 21, 2017, 12:06 PM

MC-20 Firmware

Hi guys,

I just put the latest firmware on my MC-20 (Version 2.018)

I noticed that the timers have dissapeared from the menu.
Does anybody know if they have moved to a different place or were they left out by accident?
Nov 21, 2017, 04:44 PM
aka : SteveBB..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith2
Hi guys,

Does anybody know if they have moved to a different place or were they left out by accident?
I've downloaded it and the new voices on the same page to my laptop, but will install it when you've had an answer to the timer issue.
Nov 21, 2017, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
We are running the same version but the timers are there.

Can you please explain more in detail?

Thanks!

Quote:
Hi guys,

Nov 22, 2017, 01:19 AM
When one looks at the menu structure, the timers followed after the "Non-delayed channel" and then the "FL .phase timers".
On mine, there is no "Timers" in the menu.

I cab take some pictures tonight when I get home and post.
Nov 22, 2017, 02:17 AM
The timers were there before the update.

I'll also check if maybe it ended up in the "Suppressed codes" menu when I get home from work.
Nov 22, 2017, 03:30 AM
My MZ 12 arrived today NZ
A question on voice files.
How many can this radio hold eg if I made my own to upload to the radio.

I have a few questions but will start with this one.

Cheers.
Nov 22, 2017, 12:00 PM
I looked again and for some reason about half a dozen menus were suppressed after the firmware update.
This included the timer menu.

Graupner, please can we have voice announcements for the timers as well?
Nov 22, 2017, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrock
My MZ 12 arrived today NZ
A question on voice files.
How many can this radio hold eg if I made my own to upload to the radio.

I have a few questions but will start with this one.

Cheers.
There are a few hundred slots, but most are predefined. There are 10 user-definable slots without modifying the main VDF file.

If you download and use the new VDF Editor PC app, you can customize every slot if you want. There are some you probably don't want to mess with (e.g. the ones associated with telemetry and the ones that speak the numbers), but there are several that can be safely redefined.
Nov 22, 2017, 03:41 PM
Quote:
I believe you can redefine the timer announcements using the VDF Editor app, at least as far as the final announcement when the timer expires. If you're talking about having it count down from 10, for example, then that would require a firmware change.
Nov 23, 2017, 01:57 AM
I was looking more at adding a couple of autopilot modes.
Nov 23, 2017, 02:08 AM
With the MZ 18 and the available lipo battery from Graupner ... will the Radio charge the lipo with it's built in charger?
Nov 23, 2017, 02:39 AM
Quote:
I looked again and for some reason about half a dozen menus were suppressed after the firmware update.
This included the timer menu.

Does that mean you were able to locate the timers? How did you navigate to the suppressed menus?

Quick Reply