Dec 16, 2018, 01:54 PM
Thread OP
They are on their way to the US. Shipping has been very slow due to the holidays. Please note that we are phasing out the 4000mAh batteries in favor of the 5000mAh LiPo's.

They should be back in stock in January.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2018, 02:10 PM
Bunjas
{They are on their way to the US. Shipping has been very slow due to the holidays. Please note that we are phasing out the 4000mAh batteries in favor of the 5000mAh LiPo's.

They should be back in stock in January.}

Ok great, I've put myself on your notification list.
Dec 16, 2018, 03:15 PM
Sailplane Mafia
I loaded 2.029 today on my MZ-24 Pro and disappointingly Graupner has still not fixed the throttle trim issue with sailplane programming. I don't understand how something this simple to recreate can't get fixed promptly. The throttle trim works great for airplanes so how come they can't make the throttle trim work correctly for gliders? It used to work, but since 2.025 they broke the throttle trim.

Graupner MZ-24 Pro throttle trim bug (2 min 43 sec)
Dec 17, 2018, 09:33 AM
Sailplane Mafia
I am really upset with Graupner now. I contacted Germany about this bug and here is their response.

What's the point of having a glider mode then? Do they understand this used to work correctly? They broke it.
Dec 17, 2018, 11:33 AM
Thread OP
This is a bug which we were aware off but somehow was not entered in our change requests database and therefore never addressed in the latest production release v2.029.

I understand that you are upset but your statement that support in the USA is lacking just because you are not happy is misplaced and not accurate.

Happy Holidays
Dec 17, 2018, 01:23 PM
Bunjas
I just used the VDFEditor last evening for the first time to put some new voices on my MZ-18 Pro. This is really neat!
I had been into my update studio a few times but didn't realize this was even there! Found out about it reading through this thread. Now if we could get Graupner to send us new product info/updates to our registered customer e-mail, that would be fantastic!
Dec 17, 2018, 02:15 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
This is a bug which we were aware off but somehow was not entered in our change requests database and therefore never addressed in the latest production release v2.029.

I understand that you are upset but your statement that support in the USA is lacking just because you are not happy is misplaced and not accurate.

Happy Holidays
It's lacking because your support told me it's working correctly. He did know the top of the throttle should not be touched when you move the trim. This is not a complicated programming issue. It's a very basic feature and was a concept that your support did not understand. I had to point out to him to try an airplane model. And then there was zero follow up on the issue. And since it was not entered into your change list another error. I also pointed this out a few weeks ago here and nobody bothered to respond.

So I agree I am upset. But you need to improve your support.
Dec 23, 2018, 05:10 PM
Big club and you aint in it.
Im trying to set up a Falcon FBL on a trex 450 heli and Im having quite a bit of trouble.

After checking and rechecking my setup Im down to the flight parameters of the FBL being somewhat off due to there not being a heli size setting to get started like many FBL controllers have.

My main issue is the heli goes wildly out of control and Im lucky to get it back on the ground in one piece. The first issue that comes up it it wanting to tilt backwards upon getting light on the skids, then once in the air the controls seem correct but way too touchy for any decent semblance of controls.

Almost like I forgot how to fly or are just learning again. Granted, Im not that great of a pilot, but I can hover and do piros and such.

I have tried playing with the sensitivity and such to an extent but really haven't got anywhere and I find the instructions lacking.

Are there some basic settings that will get me in the ballpark for this size heli?

Im using an MZ24 radio with a standard FBL head and align servos and figured I would ask for some help before going and resetting up (Or rekitting) the entire heli.
Dec 23, 2018, 05:54 PM
Thread OP
I just finished installing the Falcon in a TT E300 heli and test flew it in my backyard using the default settings and will probably leave it like that.

I used the same settings later on a GR-18 test hovering my 700 size Roban Bell 407.

What is your CG on that heli? Have you tried a bit of a nose forward CG?

For a first flight you really should leave all the settings to default until the heli hovers and flies the way you like it?

You can try maybe to increase your expos on the radio after turning the expo of on the Falcon.

Leave the tail/swash gains at their default as well.
Dec 26, 2018, 07:20 AM
T.ing to put on air 100 models
Hello,

I have a MC32 tx and recently decided to update the firmware from v1 to v2.021.

Beside several other flying stuff I use it for a four control surface tailless powered glider (Petoma). This is a quiet complex configuration.

To my surprise it was no more working properly and it took me some time to figure out that the programmers decided to invert signs for elevator to ailerons mixing for elevons. They used to work in the right direction, but with completely wrong throws.

Now I reprogrammed and checked everything again, but crow landing configuration has a great glitch at center of elevator stick. I mean when I bring crow flaps to full brakes, the elevator has a great glitch at center, jumping up and down a good 2mm (total elevator throw for that plane is 7mm, so a very important amount).

I tried to program that using free mixers, but the result is the same.
This happens only with crow flaps deployed and decrease down to zero proportionally while retracting the flaps.

So it seems something went bad in the mixing of elevator and brakes for tailless configurations.

Am I missing something?

Thanks and best regards,
Ric
Dec 26, 2018, 11:04 AM
Thread OP
Can you please upload your model so that we can have a look at it.
Dec 26, 2018, 05:33 PM

X-8n

Running my 1/5 scale Losi gas truck using a Graupner X-8N 4ch car radio. There was a couple of times that the car almost took off on me. With a 38# gas truck at 40mph, it can be a bit dangerous.
I checked my RX telemetry from the radio and these are the numbers that came up.
To me they look fine,but what days Graupner? I’m more wondering if it’s just drawing a lot of power from my rx battery (2s 5000 mah lipo)?
Thanks,
Frank
Dec 26, 2018, 10:53 PM
Thread OP
They look fine, but was the exact problem you were encountering?
Dec 26, 2018, 11:36 PM
Quote:
They look fine, but was the exact problem you were encountering?
Weird to explain. Almost like the servos are fading or slowing down. According to the telemetry the rx battery is fine even after the one 30min run and I only put 300mah back into the rx pack. A couple times the throttle would go to high for a second,when I would hit the brakes it would take a second or two for the truck to stop. Doesn’t seem like much time,but a 38# truck going into high speed is really scary. A couple times it went into fail safe,but it happens very quick. I have fail safe set for full brake and full right hand turn.
This all seemed to happen after about 20 minutes of running.
The engine is a magneto type not with electronic ignition. I just ordered a engine kill switch that automatically shuts off the engine during different circumstances.
It’s not a problem havi g the rx antenna totally into a tube and not sticking out at all? The telemetry tells me it’s not a problem.
Dec 28, 2018, 04:52 PM
Big club and you aint in it.
Quote:
I just finished installing the Falcon in a TT E300 heli and test flew it in my backyard using the default settings and will probably leave it like that.

I used the same settings later on a GR-18 test hovering my 700 size Roban Bell 407.

What is your CG on that heli? Have you tried a bit of a nose forward CG?

For a first flight you really should leave all the settings to default until the heli hovers and flies the way you like it?

You can try maybe to increase your expos on the radio after turning the expo of on the Falcon.

Leave the tail/swash gains at their default as well.
Something I have just noticed with my setup vs the manual.

In the manual, page 8 it shows two mounting options. One pic shows it mounted with the servo leads to the right and the second pic shows it with the leads toward the rear.

I have mine mounted with the servo leads pointing forward and the antenna pointed to the rear of the heli.

Any issue with that?

Quick Reply