Nov 12, 2013, 05:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Graupner Radio’s and HoTT Products

Questions about any of our radio's, HoTT receivers and HoTT Telemetry modules will be answered here. Please feel free to contribute and help any other users when you can assist.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2013, 01:23 AM
Suspended Account
1- is there any software difference between mz-18 and mz-24 ?
2- is there any possibility to delete the stock smart voice alerts and add our own voices throught the SD card ?
3- is there a single skin-theme or will you add more skins with different colors in the future ?
4- can I get full access of all menus with only side buttons to keep the screen clean ?
5- why did you replace FLIGHT CONDITIONS words into QUICK LINK ?
6- pdf manuals are not very clear will you open a youtube channel and post video tutorials in english there ?
7- will the color touch screen be useable under bright sun ?
8- will you make cheap GR-18 receivers without 3 axis sensors or do we have to buy 12ch (GR-24) receivers ?
9- do you have any face to face spectrum analysis to compare your "75 frequency hopping channels" to the competitors ?
10- shouldn't you edit transmitter features ? hard case, 2000 NiMh pack and 2 receivers are included ?

I would like you make a comparison chart of your transmittres like this
http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/feature-compare.html
Nov 13, 2013, 10:46 AM
Thread OP
See response below

1- is there any software difference between mz-18 and mz-24 ?
Presently there are no software differences for programming. The mz-18 however does not have the MP3 player.

2- is there any possibility to delete the stock smart voice alerts and add our own voices throught the SD card ?
Not at the moment but it may change in the future

3- is there a single skin-theme or will you add more skins with different colors in the future ?
No plans for skins

4- can I get full access of all menus with only side buttons to keep the screen clean ?
Yes

5- why did you replace FLIGHT CONDITIONS words into QUICK LINK ?
Good question. May change in the future.

6- pdf manuals are not very clear will you open a youtube channel and post video tutorials in english there ?
Yes, we are working on that

7- will the color touch screen be useable under bright sun ?
We have used the screen under various conditions with good results.

8- will you make cheap GR-18 receivers without 3 axis sensors or do we have to buy 12ch (GR-24) receivers ?
You can buy our GR-16 receivers which are competitively priced

9- do you have any face to face spectrum analysis to compare your "75 frequency hopping channels" to the competitors ?
No

10- shouldn't you edit transmitter features ? hard case, 2000 NiMh pack and 2 receivers are included ?
Thanks for your suggestion.

I would like you make a comparison chart of your transmittres like this
[url]http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/feature-compare.html
Good idea!
Last edited by Graupner – Control Hobbies; Jul 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM.
Nov 13, 2013, 04:11 PM
Do your air and engine modules have built in spark arresters?
Nov 13, 2013, 09:40 PM
Thread OP
No they don't. What voltage are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hati
Do your air and engine modules have built in spark arresters?
Nov 13, 2013, 11:12 PM
6S on one heli and 3S on my gliders. The 3S lot doesn't worry me, but the 6S sparks enough to kill the EC5s within a few months. I was going to solder the air module directly to the ESC battery leads, but looks like I need to revise my plan or change to ESCs with built in spark arresters.

This may be something you guys want to look at for the future.
Nov 14, 2013, 02:30 AM
as much as I can
I'm looking at getting the MZ-24. Currently I have the Aurora 9. The only thing stopping me from changing is the flight pack telemetry the Optima Rx's have, which can report flight pack voltage up to 35 volts, with no additional hardware/cost.

There does not appear to be a low cost solution to do this with the hott Rx's. Is there any low cost solution planned to just report voltage, preferably up to 6S levels?
Nov 14, 2013, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
We do provide RX voltage, temperatures and RX signal strength as standard telemetry in all of our HoTT receivers. To monitor main pack voltage you will need one of our telemetry modules.

Just providing flight pack voltage to indicate battery condition is not enough in my opinion. It fluctuates too much during flight depending on your throttle setting.

A combination of both flight pack voltage and flight pack capacity left is what we think provides the best balance for safe operation of a flight pack to avoid excessive discharge.
Nov 25, 2013, 08:51 PM
No bounce, No play.
I don't see any barometric altimeter or airspeed sensors for telemetry. Is that something you are working on to add to the line-up?

I have done some fairly extensive reading of the MC-20 manual and I see that as the only stumbling block to ditching my Spektrum gear and switching to Graupner.

So far from what I see Graupner HoTT is actually up to speed on what people want vs the "Heel-Dragging" of Spektrum. I would really miss airspeed though.
Nov 25, 2013, 09:41 PM
AFAIK there is no airspeed, but the vario sensors built in or stand alone take care of altitude.
Nov 25, 2013, 10:34 PM
Thread OP
If you use our GPS/Vario module you will get GPS speed (Ground Speed) including vario.

There are a few third party vendors such as Wstech http://www.wstech.de/english/index_e.htm that have build on top of our HoTT protocol their own vario modules.

If you are into F5J and ALES you will find additional modules from SM and Aerobtec that support our protocol for real-time telemetry.

Our HoTT protocol was designed from the ground up to deal with telemetry and is not an afterthought piece of technology other vendors are struggling with. That's why it's simple to use, inexpensive and very fast as it is part of the transmission protocol used by all of our HoTT radios starting at the mz-10 radio all the way up to the mc-32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
I don't see any barometric altimeter or airspeed sensors for telemetry. Is that something you are working on to add to the line-up?

I have done some fairly extensive reading of the MC-20 manual and I see that as the only stumbling block to ditching my Spektrum gear and switching to Graupner.

So far from what I see Graupner HoTT is actually up to speed on what people want vs the "Heel-Dragging" of Spektrum. I would really miss airspeed though.
Last edited by Graupner – Control Hobbies; Nov 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
Nov 26, 2013, 02:46 AM
Will there be the ability to buy control sticks with a switch on top (3 position switch)? Will tray radios have transmitter cases offered? Thanks, Toby Silhavy
Nov 26, 2013, 07:43 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
If you use our GPS/Vario module you will get GPS speed...
OK thanks for the info.

But Ground Speed is of little interest to me. I don't have any use for vario just now but will likely want it when I get the Rieti Glider finished.

I did some reading of the linked sites although it's a bit painful with Google Translate to see exactly the details.

If somebody could point me to a solution that will allow:
1. Real-time Airspeed on the telemetry screen of the MC-20 with ability to set alarms.

2. Logging of that data in the same file as the rest of the telemetry

....I will make a listing immediately to sell off the Spektrum gear.

I realize it may be a bit of time for Graupner USA to have all the radios etc. in stock as they are just starting up, but that is perfectly fine since winter is setting in here and I will have lots of time to get the new radio and program things up.

By the way, the price point of these units is very attractive. You get a lot of bang for the buck.

One thing that is sorely lacking on other vendors units is the ability to monitor two LiPo batteries for twin planes. The unit that has two battery connections with individual cell monitoring for each is exactly how a sensor should be made. WELL DONE!!

Thanks to all for helpful info.
Nov 26, 2013, 08:27 PM
Thread OP
You are very welcome and we are stocking the MC-20 as well this week. Look for it this friday on our website
Nov 26, 2013, 09:04 PM
Any input on the questions I posted earlier? Thanks

Quick Reply