Dec 06, 2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross92
Ryan I just order and Motion RC just shipped out my Pandora. Man, MotionRC is great in my opinion. So now I have the Pandora to start out with and learn and I bought the FMS P-51 Mustang 1450mm Redtails. I am saving that baby for when I am ready.
That's curious, they have been out of stock/pre-order for quite a while, I thought.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2013, 03:12 PM
they became available on Dec 8th. It arrived today at my house. I go home, from Jordan, in a few days and I will build it and, hopefully, fly it.
Dec 11, 2013, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
" I recommend also that you pull off the wing mounting brackets and epoxy them back on. Have had two wing failures at this point."

The above quote is from a review of the Pandora, I am beginning my assembly of the Pandora and the plastic wing brackets seem tight. Does anyone have any suggestions on the wing mounting?
Thanks
Dec 12, 2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowb
" I recommend also that you pull off the wing mounting brackets and epoxy them back on. Have had two wing failures at this point."

The above quote is from a review of the Pandora, I am beginning my assembly of the Pandora and the plastic wing brackets seem tight. Does anyone have any suggestions on the wing mounting?
Thanks
Let me know how it goes for you Slowb. I will build mine a few days
Dec 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross92
Let me know how it goes for you Slowb. I will build mine a few days
The plane went together without any real issues. I was cautious with the tightening of the screws, all screws seemed to attach smoothly if the surfaces were properly aligned. Good Luck
Dec 15, 2013, 04:48 PM
What goes up .....
Well I'm getting closer to getting mine in the air. Ordered 3 extra props and a Guardian today. I got the Dx9 for it but I have to admit it is a bit complex for a beginner like me to setup. I think I'm going to have to get help from the guys at my flying field. I ended up getting it as the Guardian needs 3 way switches and my 6j Futaba doesn't have any. Still when I get the Pandora in the air it will be fully setup with flaps.
Dec 15, 2013, 08:34 PM
the_PilotRyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacondor
Well I'm getting closer to getting mine in the air. Ordered 3 extra props and a Guardian today. I got the Dx9 for it but I have to admit it is a bit complex for a beginner like me to setup. I think I'm going to have to get help from the guys at my flying field. I ended up getting it as the Guardian needs 3 way switches and my 6j Futaba doesn't have any. Still when I get the Pandora in the air it will be fully setup with flaps.
Make sure you get one reverse and one reg for flaps. That's the easiest way, then you can use a y connector and your done. I used fms slow moving flap servos for mine off of the bf109
Ryan
Dec 15, 2013, 09:14 PM
What goes up .....
Thanks Ryan,
I have a reversing cable on it. This way I'm sure the servos match. Anyway that's the idea. I will see on the weekend when I hook it all up and start testing. My guess it will be after New Year before I get to fly it. I have to wait for the Guardian to arrive from Hobbyking.
Dec 24, 2013, 05:31 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
So I have my Freewing Pandora ready for its maiden!!
I picked up the blue one, or so I thought!
When I got it home I put it aside for awhile due to work and other builds. I finally open it up about two weeks later to find I had the red one!!WT
This is the third plane I have bought from these guys (Xtreme Hobbies in Brisbane) and the third . No more chances for them. Rang them and told them the problem and they said I could bring it back an get another one, but they had no blue ones in stock!! So they wanted me to swap a red one for another red one
Anyway I didn't want a red one as I already had a red FMS Cessna the same size. So I decided to repaint it.
So what do you think??

LURCH
Last edited by taz101; Dec 24, 2013 at 05:42 AM.
Dec 24, 2013, 09:14 AM

Great!

That is awesome, nice job! How did you do it - what paints, masking, decals?

Thanks,

jv
Dec 24, 2013, 07:02 PM
What goes up .....
That is an excellent paint job you have done there. I'm local to you. What paint did you use? A word of warning. Watch the landings on the front wheel. It tends to break it's servo easily. I was in Xtreme a while ago when a customer brought one in with just that problem. I have set mine up as a tail dragger. But I have weakened and just bought an apprentice to bridge the gap between my Firebird stratos and the Pandora. I felt I needed continued help when I upped to a faster plane. Once I have learnt the Apprentice I should be able to fly the Pandora without crashing it first time out.
Still, love your plane. Big thumbs up.
Dec 24, 2013, 07:06 PM
What goes up .....
Another quick question. What did you use to strip the existing decals. Looks like a clean job you made of it.
Dec 26, 2013, 12:23 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by jviss
That is awesome, nice job! How did you do it - what paints, masking, decals?

Thanks,

jv
Quote:
That is an excellent paint job you have done there. I'm local to you. What paint did you use? A word of warning. Watch the landings on the front wheel. It tends to break it's servo easily. I was in Xtreme a while ago when a customer brought one in with just that problem. I have set mine up as a tail dragger. But I have weakened and just bought an apprentice to bridge the gap between my Firebird stratos and the Pandora. I felt I needed continued help when I upped to a faster plane. Once I have learnt the Apprentice I should be able to fly the Pandora without crashing it first time out.
Still, love your plane. Big thumbs up.
Quote:
Another quick question. What did you use to strip the existing decals. Looks like a clean job you made of it.
Thanks guys!!
The decals actually came off very easily. They just pealed straight off.
The paints I used where just some household paint I had on hand.
The red paint was some 'all purpose Spray Enamel'.
The blue is some interior house paint in a sample pot I had made up at the local hardware (bunnings) for the repaint on my Durafly T-28. Passionate Blue.
For masking I used the blue pinstripers tape.
The decals I have used are from the FMS 1400mm T-28. And some custom decals.

LURCH
Last edited by taz101; Dec 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
Dec 26, 2013, 06:59 AM
Nice!
Dec 26, 2013, 12:40 PM

Pandora arrived!

Well, Santa brought my Pandora - what a thrill!

It's a really nice plane, nicely packaged. I've broken it down to parts and will install the flap servos, change the battery connector, install the flight stabilizer and radio, and static-trim it today. I also have a metal gear servo for the rudder/nose gear, and FMS 9g, but I think its defective and will hold off on that 'til I sort it out. I'll be starting in taildragger configuration anyway, so no rush.

Only complaint, and not a serious one in any event, is that some of the black paint for the faux windows transferred to the shipping container foam; must have been wet when they packed it.

Quick Reply