Nov 11, 2013, 12:21 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Turnigy SCT 2WD 1/10 Brushless Short Course Truck

I have a hobby king Turnigy SCT 2WD 1/10 Brushless Short Course Truck it uses a 82t spur gear- I put in a 54t spur gear. still strips it out - do you know where I can find a metal spur gear that will work. ---YES i KNOW WHAT EVERYONE WILL SAY. I should not have got this car... now it is too late what 's done is done... with that being said... has any one put a Metal Pinion 13T with a Metal Spur Gear 54T. So now I am looking for a metal spur gear. and will it work with out a slipper clutch.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2013, 12:02 AM
I would try a larger pinion.
Nov 14, 2013, 05:30 AM
darn you, kakka carrot cake.
hmm, i like mine. you should check that they mesh evenly when its spinning, i had a problem with the spur meshing fine until you spin it half way round, and the teeth are barely making contact.
Dec 11, 2013, 12:12 AM
Anyone have a good alternative for the pionion gear setup? Just replaced the second one in short time!! Any metal solutions...?
Dec 11, 2013, 02:00 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Do you run 2S or 3S? Slipper clutch not set too tight? No excess play anywhere, which could affect gear mesh?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
Going from an 82 tooth to a 54 tooth made things worse. I'd suggest going back to an 82 tooth and make sure your lash and slipper clutch are set correctly.

Either way, something isn't right. I can tell you that I have run over 40 battery pack through mine with no problems.

I don't know where you could get metal gears, but unless you find the problem, you will still have a problem.
Dec 11, 2013, 12:17 PM
Hi,
I had a good experience with 32P spur gear from Eguana Buggy.
I have run 3S 35C with tight clutch and it worked great!

32P Spur Gear from Eguana

Buy Link here

Change pinion also

32P pinion Here

Quick Reply