Feb 24, 2004, 08:23 PM
Thread OP

Greetings from new member.

Greetings. I have been lurking around for a while and thought now would be a good time to say hello.

I found this group while looking for information about the Sky Vector. I received one at Christmas and had three unsuccesful flights, the last one ending in a broken tail boom. As I read through the vast amount of information about electric airplanes, I made a decision on my next airplane. With the help of the forum and my local hobby shop, I selected a Slow Stick. I have just this afternoon assembled the Slow Stick, less battery and radio gear.

I am looking forward to getting the rest of my gear and trying my hand at electric flight. Actually any flight would be great as I have been unsuccesful in the past as well.

I am sure I will be asking for help, even after reading the ultimate Slow Stick thread.

Great site - keep up the good work.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2004, 08:31 PM
Under tension
Welcome to e-zone!
Feb 24, 2004, 08:57 PM
Welcome to the Zone! You picked the perfect plane to learn on with the Slow Stick. You've come to the right forum if you need help along the way. Just ask whatever questions you have and someone will jump in and help that's for sure.
One suggestion I'd like to make is to put your location in your personal info so people will know where you are. You may get offers of local help in building and flying.

Joe
Feb 24, 2004, 09:40 PM
Hooked On Flying!!!
Stickman81,
Welcome to the Zone and you came to the right place. I started flying in the spring of last year and with the help of many E-Zoners' have come along way with the Hobby. The info and advise I have recieved here have proved invaluable to me. With a little determination and help you will be flying in no time. Good Luck and
HAPPY FLYING!!!
Feb 24, 2004, 09:44 PM
It's the last plane honey
Stickman,

Welcome to the group! You've picked a great plane to learn on, I'm sure you'll be up and flying soon.

Good luck,

Andy
Feb 24, 2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks Slowrider, but i have been around for a while.

Stick
Feb 25, 2004, 12:11 AM
Bought at a price.
Hmmm...........Stickman & Stickman81. One of them must be the EVIL twin of the other one. But which one? WHICH ONE?!?!?!

Welcome to you anyway. This site is THE PLACE for E-flight.
Brad
Feb 25, 2004, 12:23 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie

Welcome to the EZone!!!!!!

I thought I was the EVIL one

Slow Stik all the way!!
Feb 25, 2004, 12:46 AM
Welcome to the E-Zone Stickman81,Slowstick is a nice trainer got one myself. Just remember power corrupts, stay away from brushless and lipo or you too will become EVIL!!!
Feb 25, 2004, 01:29 AM
Leave me alone!
Welcome to rcgroups, stickman81!

Martin
Feb 25, 2004, 12:48 PM
rational exuberance
Welcome! I just started last summer, and this site has been amazing in getting me in the air! What I love about it is you learn about great products and companies you probably won't find in the LHS. Like Mountain Models, Stevens Aero, Wing Warrior, Cheapbatteries.com, Castle Creations, and Berg to name a few.

Don't get me wrong, the big companies have great products too, but there's a lot more out there.

Good luck, and be sure to post your progress and pics, we love pics!

-Duncan
Feb 25, 2004, 01:03 PM
It's the last plane honey
Quote:
Originally posted by Stickman
Thanks Slowrider, but i have been around for a while.

Stick

LOL, Oops, sorry Stickman...I meant to address rev. 81 .

Andy
Feb 25, 2004, 01:08 PM
Around the World
Welcome stickman81. I agree with Joe, let us know where you're from. If your close to me I'll help teach you to fly.

Of course, if your a member of the witness protection program my cousin Vinnie will teach you to swim with the fishes....

Kevin
Feb 25, 2004, 07:51 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the kind words and advice on the forum. I have entered my location. As soon as I learn to post some pictures I will do so.

Hope my handle does not cause confusion with "Stickman". That was the name I wanted but saw it was taken already. Sorry Stickman.
Feb 25, 2004, 08:43 PM
Thread OP
picture test

Quick Reply