Feb 26, 2020, 11:55 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnahmia
Thks ,everything works now,Did I miss this important detail in the manual or it's just not there?
Both are in the Manual, which was it?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2020, 12:06 PM
I read the manual,but I guess not well enough!LOL
Mar 08, 2020, 03:43 AM

No video out, not even OSD

I bought a used Vector and have it all set up on my Tarot 680 Pro. Everything seems to work fine except I have no video or OSD out. The VTX and Camera both get warm, so I know they are getting power from the Vector, but nothing out. I have verified off the Vector that both the camera and VTX work, but not through the Vector.

I updated the firmware, and erased all settings, then reloaded it, but still nothing.

Did I get ripped off?

If this can be fixed, please help!
Mar 08, 2020, 03:46 AM

No video out, not even OSD

I bought a used Vector and have it all set up on my Tarot 680 Pro. Everything works properly except no video or OSD out. I have verified both the VTX and camera work, off the Vector, and they get warm when connected to the Vector, but I get no video signal.

I updated firmware, that didn't work, so I did a factory reset, and that didn't work either.

Did I get ripped off?

If it can be fixed, please help!
Mar 08, 2020, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverMan RC
I bought a used Vector and have it all set up on my Tarot 680 Pro. Everything works properly except no video or OSD out. I have verified both the VTX and camera work, off the Vector, and they get warm when connected to the Vector, but I get no video signal.

I updated firmware, that didn't work, so I did a factory reset, and that didn't work either.

Did I get ripped off?

assuming you wired everything correctly, sounds like you probably got ripped off...
Mar 10, 2020, 06:40 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:

Did I get ripped off?

Open a Ticket at ET. If they determine it's dead they will send you a new one for $75 out of warranty.
Mar 13, 2020, 02:33 AM

No video out, not even OSD New Vector also

I thought I got ripped off, so I bit the bullet and bought another Vector flight controller, only.

I loaded my settings, then plugged it in directly. Everything the same. All still works but not video or OSD out on either Vector. I have tested and changed transmitters and cameras, knowing they work away from the Vectors.

I checked the continuity of the wire harness, and all wires are in good shape. I'm completely lost. I really want to get this thing working so I can get my Hex in the air.

I just submitted a ticket.

Thanks Sweetieinsf
Last edited by RiverMan RC; Mar 13, 2020 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Update
Mar 13, 2020, 10:56 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
I thought I got ripped off, so I bit the bullet and bought another Vector flight controller, only.

I loaded my settings, then plugged it in directly. Everything the same. All still works but not video or OSD out on either Vector. I have tested and changed transmitters and cameras, knowing they work away from the Vectors.

I checked the continuity of the wire harness, and all wires are in good shape. I'm completely lost. I really want to get this thing working so I can get my Hex in the air.

I just submitted a ticket.

Thanks Sweetieinsf
Can you post a clear picture of your wiring? It might be something obvious you are missing... ask me how I know!
Mar 14, 2020, 10:31 AM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Can you post a clear picture of your wiring? It might be something obvious you are missing... ask me how I know!
Sounds as if the common thread is the vtx....or, wiring between the vtx/cam/fc
Mar 15, 2020, 03:04 PM

Rssi shows 100%

Can anyone help me with this.. The rssi on the vector osd stays at 100%. It was working fine after I install it in the beginning. After about 6 flights it shows 100% all the time. I did a manual ground test and drove away with the plane and recorded what happened on the ground station. The rssi stayed at 100%, the vector went to rth like it should and the rssi went to 0%. No slow drop.. any help would be appropriated.
Mar 15, 2020, 03:50 PM
FPV Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert64
Can anyone help me with this.. The rssi on the vector osd stays at 100%. It was working fine after I install it in the beginning. After about 6 flights it shows 100% all the time. I did a manual ground test and drove away with the plane and recorded what happened on the ground station. The rssi stayed at 100%, the vector went to rth like it should and the rssi went to 0%. No slow drop.. any help would be appropriated.
Some questions to help troubleshoot this:
  • What RX are you using and how is it wired up? (RSSI on a channel or on a wire to the RSSI port?)
  • Did you run RX wizard correctly? This also calibrates the RSSI values.
  • Have you tried (through the OSD settings) recalibrating RSSI?
  • Have you changed anything on your setup since setting it up initially?

If you did everything listed, my best guess is that you have set RSSI to an incorrect channel in the Vector PC GUI - this would explain it only changing once it failsafes, as the failsafe might be set to cut / 0%.
Mar 15, 2020, 04:33 PM
Thanks for responding. First, understand that I知 not an expert on much of this so when I desided to pick the vector I was a little intimidated on the set up. After months of videos and reading the manual many times i was surprised how good it all came together and worked so well. So if I sound like I知 not sure that I知 giving you the answers that you池e looking for please bare with me as I知 learning on the fly. I知 using a dragon link micro Rc with a dx9. It is wired from pin 8 on the dragon link to vector rssi. I ran the wizard and surprised it all worked as planned. I have not tried to recalibrate through the osd. I have not changed anything since the original set up. Keep in mind that the rssi prior to today would fluctuate on the osd as it was suppose to. That痴 why I知 a little baffled as to what happened. Again. Thanks for your help.
Mar 15, 2020, 04:41 PM
FPV Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert64
Thanks for responding. First, understand that I知 not an expert on much of this so when I desided to pick the vector I was a little intimidated on the set up. After months of videos and reading the manual many times i was surprised how good it all came together and worked so well. So if I sound like I知 not sure that I知 giving you the answers that you池e looking for please bare with me as I知 learning on the fly. I知 using a dragon link micro Rc with a dx9. It is wired from pin 8 on the dragon link to vector rssi. I ran the wizard and surprised it all worked as planned. I have not tried to recalibrate through the osd. I have not changed anything since the original set up. Keep in mind that the rssi prior to today would fluctuate on the osd as it was suppose to. That痴 why I知 a little baffled as to what happened. Again. Thanks for your help.
No worries - I see how the vector can be intimidating at first, but their manual is usually of great help With time it becomes one of the easiest FC to set up a new plane with.
I would suggest rerunning the RX wizard to see if that fixes anything (since it'll recalibrate RSSI). Also, double check that pin 8 on the Dragonlink RX is set to output RSSI (I'm not 100% sure of how exactly Dragonlink configuration works, but I think this can be configured.)
Since you have wired RSSI directly, make sure that in the Vector GUI's RC configuration, the RSSI channel is set to "None", as marked in red in the attached picture.

Hope that helps!
Mar 15, 2020, 04:59 PM
I’m using a dragon link and a dx9.
I wired from pin 8 on the dragon link to the vector.
I ran the wizard originally and everything worked great.
I have not tried to recalibrate through the osd.
I made no changes as everything worked as they should have.
Keep in mind that this is my first flight controller and I’m learning on the fly.. so any help is most appreciated..
Mar 15, 2020, 05:01 PM
Ok I will. Thanks and I’ll let you know how I made out. Not sure why that second post is there.

Quick Reply