Oct 16, 2019, 12:58 PM
Some elements are fixed. Try hitting the 'clear all readouts' button with the wizard loaded while not connected to the Vector and try moving display elements around. Those with a green border will move, others will not.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2019, 08:12 PM
No, they are fixed.
Oct 18, 2019, 01:58 PM
I was just coming here to ask the same question about moving the OSD compass and GPS coordinates but it seems they are fixed as well.
Oct 18, 2019, 07:11 PM
Yes, the compass and GPS coordinates are also fixed.
Oct 22, 2019, 05:25 AM
Does anybody know if it's possible to buy replacement pitot tubing without the sensor (preferably in UK/EU)? It seems quite difficult to find online by itself, and I'm not too sure if tubing from other sensors is a different width.

Also, does anyone know if there are pitot tubing extensions for connecting two bits of tubing? I found this, but if it were just two ends rather than three that'd be better: https://www.rc-log.co.uk/t-fitting.html

Thanks!
Last edited by JamDan; Oct 22, 2019 at 05:33 AM.
Oct 22, 2019, 05:33 AM
'Extreme Fabricator'
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamDan
Does anybody know if it's possible to buy replacement pitot tubing without the sensor (preferably in UK/EU)? It seems quite difficult to find online by itself, and I'm not too sure if tubing from other sensors is a different width.

Also, does anyone know if there are pitot tubing extensions for joining two bits of pitot tube together? I found this, but if it were just two ends rather than three that'd be better: https://www.rc-log.co.uk/t-fitting.html

Thanks!
If you look under food grade silicone tubing there's plenty of options available. I found some 2mm bayonet couplers in one of the medical machines I work with, so they are made also, just look for 2mm tube couplers

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/2830588249...EaAupOEALw_wcB
Oct 22, 2019, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
If you look under food grade silicone tubing there's plenty of options available. I found some 2mm bayonet couplers in one of the medical machines I work with, so they are made also, just look for 2mm tube couplers

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/2830588249...EaAupOEALw_wcB
Thanks for the tips, that's really useful. I'll take a look!
Oct 29, 2019, 02:47 PM

How to connect Crossfire Diversity Rx to model with Flaps

My apologies if this has been covered before but I have read all I can find including the Vector manual, and I am still not completely clear on this. I am switching over to the Crossfire system and want to connect a Crossfire Diversity 8 Ch Rx to the Vector. The model has flaps.

I assume SBUS is preferred and from the Crossfire manual I believe this is output on Port 8, thus select SBUS via the Crossfire output port mapping menu, connect Ch 8 on the Rx to the Aileron connector on the Vector.

Connect speed control BEC to Vector via Vector Throttle channel, connect aileron, elevator and rudder channels to Vector, and connect flaps to Crossfire channel 5.

Connect GPS Bus to BST plug on Crossfire to allow GPS beacon.

Select RSSI for Channel 6 via Crossfire output port mapping and connect Ch 6 to Vector RSSI pins.

All good, anything else?

Thanks,

Joe
Oct 29, 2019, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerjoe
Select RSSI for Channel 6 via Crossfire output port mapping and connect Ch 6 to Vector RSSI pins.
I would get through the transmitter wizard and get everything working before proceeding to the BST/GPS connection. For RSSI, I would inject the RSSI and LQ value into the rssi sbus stream and not use a separate cable to connect an rssi pin to the vector.

Output map = physical pins in the RX
Channel map = description of what each RC channel (not pin) does. Some are normal channels, some are sbus, LQ etc.
Oct 29, 2019, 04:15 PM
wrong thread, disregard
Oct 30, 2019, 01:11 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
Attached are pictures of my problems. In the Vector Wizard my Mode Switch is not detected. I have valid PPM signal through the Dragonlink...PLEASE HELP.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I can't get my ESCs to calibrate or anything. All they do is beep. This is for my MY Twin Dream build. The ESC are the Hobbywing 40A X Rotor
Remove the Mode and Submode entries from the Inputs page, they go on the Mixer page. Complete the Wizard, confirm the airframe, with the Vector disconnected from the GUI you should get throttle response. If not confirm you have the ESC throttle signal cables plugged into the Vector throttle output port.
Oct 30, 2019, 01:13 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
In the Inputs there are normally only throttle and 3 axes and in the Mixer additionally the switch assignments ... Have you switched that up?

And why does Vector recognize 14 channels when the DL is configured for 12? Please show your model setup for the external TX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
I was able to get some action in the wizard, but it still says 14 channels instead of 12. I'll take a look at it later. But my real issue is these damn HobbyWing ESCs will not program.
The Vector detects the 2 extra "hidden" channels, this is normal.
Nov 09, 2019, 06:08 PM
Anyone know how to electronically reduce servo throws?
Nov 09, 2019, 07:35 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKoch
Anyone know how to electronically reduce servo throws?
Some Digital servos can be programed for reduced end points and most transmitters these days let you adjust the end points on each channel - but why would you want to do that?!?!? If you have to much travel on the control surface the proper thing to do is to reduce the travel mechanically by adjusting the servo linkage - move the control rod CLOSER to the center of the servo arm and/or move the linkage farther out (away from) the control surface. The advantages are several but the biggest is you get much higher resolution (i.e. finer control).
Nov 09, 2019, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Some Digital servos can be programed for reduced end points and most transmitters these days let you adjust the end points on each channel - but why would you want to do that?!?!? If you have to much travel on the control surface the proper thing to do is to reduce the travel mechanically by adjusting the servo linkage - move the control rod CLOSER to the center of the servo arm and/or move the linkage farther out (away from) the control surface. The advantages are several but the biggest is you get much higher resolution (i.e. finer control).
I'm at maximum mechanical adjustment already. I wan't 25mm total, vector is giving me 150mm. I have no resolution and terrible oscillations in navigation modes.

Quick Reply