Oct 07, 2019, 02:50 PM
I have had a working quad for awhile and last time I flew upon reaching my height limit, it started to oscillate, it looks like in roll until it reached an unstable flip. I managed to recover, fly 5 mistakes high lol, but upon trying to descend it entered into another unstable oscillation unrecoverable to the ground. This is the first time I have seen this issue and am well aware of toilet bowling and settling into prop wash so I made sure to descend in a LARGE helical pattern. Has anyone encountered this before, or would know potentially the issue? I haven't ruled out ESC troubles yet, but based on the oscillations, I suspect the FC.
Thanks everyone!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2019, 03:27 PM
Hi, I have an issue with consistent level flight in stabilized mode. I trimmed it to fly level, incorporated trims. At same speed next time it want's to pitch up or down, and wings are also not level. I'm using the latest firmware. Any idea what can cause this?
Oct 11, 2019, 11:24 PM

MAH Usage

Will I get MAH usage on my OSD if I use this PDB and nothing going to the ESC side of the PSU. Both ESCs will be powered by the PDB which will be powered by battery from the battery side of the PSU. I would hate to solder this all up and realize I'm not getting MAH usage on my OSD.
Oct 12, 2019, 11:54 AM
No, you will not see mAh used on the OSD.
You should plug your PDB into the ESC side of the Current Sensor/PSU.
Oct 13, 2019, 03:22 AM

Horus and Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Great! I've never had an issue opening a trouble ticket and they are usually pretty fast at getting back to you. You did a great job documenting the issue and your attempts to resolve it and that helps more than you know!
I'm having trouble programming the Mode Switch in my Horus. I did it quite easy with the F9 but I'm lost here and can't get past the first step in the wizard. Dragon link is good and RSSI is 100% in the Vector but nothing else is happening. Followed the instructions but I'm not sure what the manual means when it says your radio has to be programmed properly.
Oct 13, 2019, 03:43 AM

Horus and Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Great! I've never had an issue opening a trouble ticket and they are usually pretty fast at getting back to you. You did a great job documenting the issue and your attempts to resolve it and that helps more than you know!
I'm having trouble programming the Mode Switch in my Horus. I did it quite easy with the F9 but I'm lost here and can't get past the first step in the wizard. Dragon link is good and RSSI is 100% in the Vector but nothing else is happening. Followed the instructions but I'm not sure what the manual means when it says your radio has to be programmed properly.
Oct 13, 2019, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
Have you run the Dragonlink wizard to assign your channels? It will need to have channel (function) numbers assigned to the relevant output channel number for the FC to have that function working on the required output channel.
Oct 13, 2019, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed100
Hi, I have an issue with consistent level flight in stabilized mode. I trimmed it to fly level, incorporated trims. At same speed next time it want's to pitch up or down, and wings are also not level. I'm using the latest firmware. Any idea what can cause this?
It can be gains too high or low causing unstable hold, or possibly your baro is getting bad atmospheric pressure reference, although that won't cause roll stability issues. When you say wings are not level, does it slowly start to roll? and does the pitch shift correspond to changes in the altitude reading or the vario? if the vario or altitude values are changing, it's not the baro getting bad info (caused by poor airflow through fuse) and more likely to be gains.
Did you do a level calibration (record flat and level) with the plane set at normal cruise attitude (slightly nose up) and rezero gyro's in that position?
Oct 13, 2019, 04:16 PM

What Am I Missing

Attached are pictures of my problems. In the Vector Wizard my Mode Switch is not detected. I have valid PPM signal through the Dragonlink...PLEASE HELP.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I can't get my ESCs to calibrate or anything. All they do is beep. This is for my MY Twin Dream build. The ESC are the Hobbywing 40A X Rotor
Oct 13, 2019, 04:26 PM
In the Inputs there are normally only throttle and 3 axes and in the Mixer additionally the switch assignments ... Have you switched that up?

And why does Vector recognize 14 channels when the DL is configured for 12? Please show your model setup for the external TX.
Last edited by Target0815; Oct 13, 2019 at 04:32 PM.
Oct 13, 2019, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815
In the Inputs there are normally only throttle and 3 axes and in the Mixer additionally the switch assignments ... Have you switched that up?

And why does Vector recognize 14 channels when the DL is configured for 12? Please show your model setup for the external TX.
I was able to get some action in the wizard, but it still says 14 channels instead of 12. I'll take a look at it later. But my real issue is these damn HobbyWing ESCs will not program.
Oct 13, 2019, 09:11 PM
Guys I got the Vector Wizard to work with my Horus. Two issues though, I have no idea why it's still showing 14 channels. I have updated everything properly in the Dragonlink GUI for both the TX and RX with 12 channels so I have not figured out where the 14 channels is coming from,

Lastly, the bain of my existence is these damn ESCs. All they do is beep so I have nothing coming from the even though the Vector did recognize my throttle channel. I'm looking at buying two new ESCs because these have done nothing all weekend.
Oct 13, 2019, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
Guys I got the Vector Wizard to work with my Horus. Two issues though, I have no idea why it's still showing 14 channels. I have updated everything properly in the Dragonlink GUI for both the TX and RX with 12 channels so I have not figured out where the 14 channels is coming from,

Lastly, the bain of my existence is these damn ESCs. All they do is beep so I have nothing coming from the even though the Vector did recognize my throttle channel. I'm looking at buying two new ESCs because these have done nothing all weekend.
Just as a quick check for your esc, have you tried plugging the esc into another channel (to utilise bec if required) and plug an analogue servo into the regular throttle channel to confirm it is getting a full sweep 50Hz signal? Also, confirm the throttle channel is not trimmed above 1000mS which will inhibit the esc from initialising.
Oct 14, 2019, 01:24 AM
The Vector wizard shows 14 channels for me using the DL3. I just set up a Vector for a mate with a Futaba 8 channel SBUS Rx and it also shows 14 channels.
Oct 16, 2019, 12:06 PM
OSD Elements like Flight Mode Indicator and Flight Time....are they fixed or is there an Advanced way to place them where I want them like most of the other OSD items?

Quick Reply