Oct 16, 2018, 11:27 AM
Found a thread where Sweetieinsf help me get my RTH setup through Sbus on my DLRX for my E-Flite FPV apprentice. I'm currently building a My Twin Dream with Dragon Link and Vector as well.

My question is the Dragonlink website says to set the Eagle Tree Vector to output Serial PPM verses Sbus, can I set the DLRX using Sbus and still get everything to work like the website says?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2018, 05:22 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
Found a thread where Sweetieinsf help me get my RTH setup through Sbus on my DLRX for my E-Flite FPV apprentice. I'm currently building a My Twin Dream with Dragon Link and Vector as well.

My question is the Dragonlink website says to set the Eagle Tree Vector to output Serial PPM verses Sbus, can I set the DLRX using Sbus and still get everything to work like the website says?
It's bad form to cross post. Follow my instructions in the NEW User Guide found here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=40302168 and attached below. The Vector setup instructions begin on page 52
Oct 16, 2018, 06:52 PM
Finally received my Vector back from ET and all is now well. Just waiting for the weather to clear to get my Drak into the air under Vector control.

Am I right in assuming that the transmitter must be set to RTH mode and the gain at the required level when receiver failsafe is set (on an old DL without SBus)? If so, then any change to gain during test flights require failsafe to be set again?
Oct 18, 2018, 06:54 AM
So I have flown my Extended Wing Mini Drak several times on the Vector and so far I am settled in on settings and she fly's pretty decent for the most part.
One thing I am maybe not clearly understanding is well let me explain....
When I am flying and attempt to turn in "2D no hold" the Wing just does not seem to turn as much as I feel it should. At full stick deflection I'm getting about 1/3 of what I would expect.
I adjusted the weight on the radio and it made no difference so I expect its a setting within the Vector software.
I looked around and found under Flight Controller Setup, Maximum Pitch and Roll Limits however it states when hoovering mouse over it that its not "Guaranteed for Fixed Wing models" Is this the starting place to give me more turning? Thank you
Oct 18, 2018, 09:31 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehari
Finally received my Vector back from ET and all is now well. Just waiting for the weather to clear to get my Drak into the air under Vector control.

Am I right in assuming that the transmitter must be set to RTH mode and the gain at the required level when receiver failsafe is set (on an old DL without SBus)? If so, then any change to gain during test flights require failsafe to be set again?
No need to reset failsafe if the Gain Knob position changes, gain during RTH is set by the "Default/RTH Overall Gain" setting. The Mode switch needs to be in RTH when setting the RX failsafe and you should then TEST on the ground by turning your TX off and confirm the Vector goes to RTH.
Oct 18, 2018, 09:37 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonbakerjr
So I have flown my Extended Wing Mini Drak several times on the Vector and so far I am settled in on settings and she fly's pretty decent for the most part.
When I am flying and attempt to turn in "2D no hold" the Wing just does not seem to turn as much as I feel it should. At full stick deflection I'm getting about 1/3 of what I would expect.
I adjusted the weight on the radio and it made no difference so I expect its a setting within the Vector software.
I looked around and found under Flight Controller Setup, Maximum Pitch and Roll Limits however it states when hoovering mouse over it that its not "Guaranteed for Fixed Wing models" Is this the starting place to give me more turning? Thank you
Yes, Max Pitch and Roll settings will limit the stick reponse. Also try slowly raising the Turn Gain. Stabilizer Responsiveness can also have an effect. My settings for my extended wing MD are attached, you can see how my settings compared to yours.
Oct 18, 2018, 10:17 AM
@sweetieinsf
Awesome thanks I will definitely check out the file you attached.
Oct 19, 2018, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
No need to reset failsafe if the Gain Knob position changes, gain during RTH is set by the "Default/RTH Overall Gain" setting. The Mode switch needs to be in RTH when setting the RX failsafe and you should then TEST on the ground by turning your TX off and confirm the Vector goes to RTH.
RTH in failsafe already tested and working.

Found the RTH overall gain setting on the Flight Control Setup page.

Thanks.
Oct 19, 2018, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonbakerjr
As a test you may want to remove all settings on your radio (or setup a new model) and re-run the wizard to see if you regain full servo deflection. Settings on the TX can/will impact how the Vector sees your model.
Oct 20, 2018, 09:54 AM

understanding Short forms,

Hey Guys and gals ,I am a new be at this flying stuff and as I read the comments I get totally lost with all these 3 lrtter short forms PVD, OSD, AMP BOARD, w/psu and a bunch of others ,I know the obvious ones gps, but that s about it , could someone please send out a list or spell it out after you have used it so Iand other new bes can be able to carry on the sport can understand in contexted....
Gary
Oct 20, 2018, 07:04 PM
Guys I need help with this please.
My plane flies nice and steady in RTH/2D/2DH /whatever.
2DH holds altitude really nicely. But when I activate RTH via switch mode, my motor is killed and the plane tries to glide home, no matter what speed or altitude I fly.
Min alt hold current is set to 4amps, min ground speed 40, auto navigation speed 75. RTH cruise throttle set to 1550us (well above minimum 4 amps)

What the heck is wrong? I have no idea. I can post config, pics, logs, you name it...
Oct 21, 2018, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbanon

I can post config, pics, logs, you name it...
Its hard to know from above, if you are using Closed Loop Speed as Auto Navigation control over RTH, or just Fixed throttle values.
So it would be good if you posted some screen shots of your settings in the configurator. e.g. Safety/Nav setup and RC config pages, to start with.
Oct 21, 2018, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
Its hard to know from above, if you are using Closed Loop Speed as Auto Navigation control over RTH, or just Fixed throttle values.
So it would be good if you posted some screen shots of your settings in the configurator. e.g. Safety/Nav setup and RC config pages, to start with.
I added config screenshots, I can't really see anything wrong here, or maybe I'm just tunnel-visioning
If you see anything else out of order, do let me know
Oct 21, 2018, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbanon
I added config screenshots, I can't really see anything wrong here, or maybe I'm just tunnel-visioning
If you see anything else out of order, do let me know
I can see a few potential issues. But without having more info. Its hard to say for sure.

But you do have Close Loop Speed enabled for Auto Navigation.
So the first place to start and rule out that your Closed Loop Speed hardware or tune is not the problem. Will be to turn off Auto Navigation Speed. By placing your value of 75km, to zero.
That way it will just operate with Fixed throttle control over Auto Navigation.
Oct 21, 2018, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
I can see a few potential issues. But without having more info. Its hard to say for sure.

But you do have Close Loop Speed enabled for Auto Navigation.
So the first place to start and rule out that your Closed Loop Speed hardware or tune is not the problem. Will be to turn off Auto Navigation Speed. By placing your value of 75km, to zero.
That way it will just operate with Fixed throttle control over Auto Navigation.
Just gave it a spin, my hands fell off of the cold
But yeah, good eye, that was the problem! I set it to 0 and calibrated cruise and climb motor speeds, it gained/lost altitude in rth as expected, except for the loiter mode, it kept losing altitude, if I didn't stop it, it would crash.

Now if we could only figure out what was wrong with closed loop, seems like a great feature

edit: loiter is probably good as well, I entered it at 200m and when it came down to around 75-70 i exited in fear it would keep going down (I was 2km away at the moment). Now looking at the config, rth and loiter share same circling altitude, I expected it would keep circling on the altitude when I activated loiter
Last edited by Imbanon; Oct 21, 2018 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply