Jan 17, 2018, 12:21 AM
Principal Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Usually the slow wandering is due to the physical angle of the Vector not matching the
angle of the aircraft in level flight (thus rotation on aircraft's yaw axis is caught by
both yaw and roll gyros, so Vector responds to both). There's no guarantee the gear tray
floor matches the flight level orientation. You may need to shim it up in the rear.
If this was the case, wouldn't this also affect 2DH and RTH? The wandering happens in a waypoints mission only. By the way i am using your settings from the Goblin thread (thank you). Did you shim your Vector in the goblin? i have mine sitting level to the wooden shelf.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2018, 01:08 AM
The need 4 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf View Post
Did you confirm the Airframe Type? Until you do it will sit there dumb as a Door Nail! Hook up a cam and Vtx (or a monitor to the Vtx connector) so you can see the OSD...
Yes I have done all the settings on the Computer and selected airframe type Rth etc Canít find my multimeter so I canít check the psu at the moment
Jan 17, 2018, 01:43 AM
Principal Member
Two additional questions:
1. If I power on the vector with the RC transmitter off the motor engages and prop goes to high throttle. I assume this is due to detecting fail safe and engaging RTH? If this is normal, is there a feature that prevents startup into RTH or locking this out prior to 3D GPS lock like many other controllers?

2. The vector windows software crashes whenever I try to load the data log into the google map window. I can download the log in the standard data log GUI window but only get a partial log not the full flight. Is there a known bug somewhere? I am using the current beta release firmware and latest windows GUI.

Thanks in advance
Jan 17, 2018, 08:54 AM

OSD setup

noob question: try as I may, in the gui I cant seem to get any numeric displays on the second or higher screens in the advanced setup....graphical yes....once I've setup the basic panel and switch to advanced and go to the second screen, the only things not grey-ed out are the graphical items....what am I missing?
Jan 17, 2018, 02:19 PM
All,

I have a few questions about the Vector and ground station.

1. How do you change the telemetry output from the UART port, using the PC assistant? Eagle Tree promised this functionality to be imminent when they originally released the telemetry option, but I cannot find it.

2. The map in the PC assistant only fills half of the map window. I have read of other users having the same issue, many months ago. Has this been resolved and I missed the resolution?

3. The SD card slot functionality on the Eagle Eyes ground station appears to have not been enabled yet (for recording mission data). Are there plans for this, or have they abandoned the product?

4. How do you setup alternate OSD screens using the PC assistant?

Thanks for the help.
Jan 17, 2018, 03:20 PM
The need 4 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchbox View Post
From the picture, it seems to be connected up correctly. The PSU might be faulty.

For a test. Remove the VIDEO/PSU plug from the Vector. Then take your BEC lead from the ESC. (make sure its output is 5 volts!) And plug it into the top of the servo rail. Labeled "RSSI/5v backup". This should then power it.
If it does. Then use a multi meter and find if you have 5volts on the wire coming from the PSU to the video plug. That is where the Vectors primary supply voltage will come from.
It is an Orange wire. It is the third wire in from the end, on the plug that goes into the PSU.
It will be BROWN - RED - then ORANGE. Follow the wire through to the larger video plug and measure if it has 5volts on that wire

Whats the yellow wire going to the AR7700 Aux 2 for ?
Ok not got my multimeter yet but have plugged the Bec into the 5v rail and the Vector flashes red light
Mark.
Jan 17, 2018, 04:22 PM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 06:10 AM.
Jan 17, 2018, 05:02 PM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 06:10 AM.
Jan 17, 2018, 05:35 PM
Thanks Matchbox.
Jan 17, 2018, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchbox View Post
When you say greyed out. Do you mean that it doesn't display any selections on the second screen?
Because, you can only display a few different parameters, like the graphic ladders...On multiple displays. When some parameters are on the first page, and you try to display that same parameter on another page. It will remove it from the first page.
The manual states that in the stick menu you can designate any numerical display item to be on shown screen 1-6, or any variation. There is a menu item referred to and it is shown in the screen shot for the OSD stick menu. I have read that the only requirement is that the display item be in the same position on all screens where it is shown. But in the PC GUI, there does not seem to be a way to designate this, as is in the OSD stick menu to setup the OSD. My question is how can this be done from the PC?
Jan 17, 2018, 06:20 PM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 06:11 AM.
Jan 17, 2018, 06:37 PM
the problem is that I see no way of placing a parameter on screens other than the basic panel in the gui....I only have that option in the basic osd panel, not the advanced panel where the other screens are configured...

below is what I see on the two tabs...

RESOLVED: you select them via the left side tree.....having check boxes on the BASIC tab to do that led me to think it should be the same way on the advanced tab.....it isn't!
Last edited by Atx_Heli; Jan 17, 2018 at 07:47 PM.
Jan 17, 2018, 08:39 PM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 06:11 AM.
Jan 21, 2018, 10:07 AM
I'm sure the flight line is here somewhere..
Jan 26, 2018, 03:05 PM

What Happened to Matchbox?

What happened to Matchbox??? It looks like he or someone has deleted all of his post from this forum.

His knowledge of the ET Vector has help me here a couple of times and i allways perked up when he made a post, because i knew that his information was always good.

Don't mean to start any drama, but have not seen any news.

Quick Reply