Jan 07, 2017, 04:27 PM
So strange question but can I use the Microvector as an osd only? I was thinking of replacing the osd that is on my Summit for a better display and to also use the antenna tracking abilities of the vector but obviously the autopilot wont do much for me.Also what is the rating of the current sensor burst and sustained? I dont see it listed in the product specs or on the sensor itself.
Really looking to trying the new microvectors I got on some smaller wings
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2017, 06:14 PM

Audio and Video Noise?

Hi, I know this question has been asked a lot, but I cannot find any good answers. I'm running my Vector in my Bix3 with 1.3GHz video and EZUHF. I have a lot of audio (In form of static) and visual (In form of lines, that increase with throttle) noise. I have tuned the Vector's text so to minimze this as much as possible, but I still have the issue. I picked this up from RMRC. Will this help? Where should I put it? Thank you.
Jan 07, 2017, 07:02 PM
HellBentPuppet
Hey gang, searching thread now but was wondering how close to a larger esc the Vector can be safely mounted ?

Just laying out the components now in a large wing.

Thank you in advance !
Jan 07, 2017, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullup!
Hey gang, searching thread now but was wondering how close to a larger esc the Vector can be safely mounted ?

Just laying out the components now in a large wing.

Thank you in advance !
What do you mean by larger? High current?
Jan 07, 2017, 09:07 PM
HellBentPuppet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kflyer936
What do you mean by larger? High current?
100a running 6s, not HV just would like to avoid any issues . Prob be pulling 75/80a WOT.
Jan 07, 2017, 10:30 PM
Quote:
100a running 6s, not HV just would like to avoid any issues . Prob be pulling 75/80a WOT.
Are you using the BEC? Also, how are you routing the power cables?
Jan 07, 2017, 10:43 PM
HellBentPuppet
Quote:
Are you using the BEC? Also, how are you routing the power cables?
Running the ESC's BEC, 10a, 25a max. Power wire will be within 4 inches of the Vector. I can run a separate BEC but this one seems to be fairly robust.
Jan 07, 2017, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Running the ESC's BEC, 10a, 25a max. Power wire will be within 4 inches of the Vector. I can run a separate BEC but this one seems to be fairly robust.
Make sure you have a ferrite ring on it, but other than that, I don't believe it should be an issue. Set everything up outside the craft first and see how it behaves. The GPS should be what you most isolate from high current or magnets. I can't think of any sensors in the FC that would be too affected.
Jan 07, 2017, 10:59 PM
HellBentPuppet
Quote:
Make sure you have a ferrite ring on it, but other than that, I don't believe it should be an issue. Set everything up outside the craft first and see how it behaves. The GPS should be what you most isolate from high current or magnets. I can't think of any sensors in the FC that would be too affected.
Roger that, ferrite ring and the GPS unit will be as far as the wiring will allow me to get it out on the wing.

Thanks for the input!
Jan 08, 2017, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyincali
So strange question but can I use the Microvector as an osd only? I was thinking of replacing the osd that is on my Summit for a better display and to also use the antenna tracking abilities of the vector but obviously the autopilot wont do much for me.Also what is the rating of the current sensor burst and sustained? I dont see it listed in the product specs or on the sensor itself.
Really looking to trying the new microvectors I got on some smaller wings
I know you can use the full size Vector as an OSD only. Don't see why you couldn't do same with new micro-Vector.
Jan 09, 2017, 07:15 PM
Marty, Louisiana USA
Can someone help me with this. My quad won't arm despite a factor reset. the error message says "control sticks not centered. " I do not understand. It was working previously and now this. Thanks
Jan 09, 2017, 08:23 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbtmn
Can someone help me with this. My quad won't arm despite a factor reset. the error message says "control sticks not centered. " I do not understand. It was working previously and now this. Thanks

It's saying your radio is not calibrated.

Can you give some more info on the setup.

What radio ?

What flight mode you trying to tsk off in ?

Check your trims are centre and calibrate the radio in the app.
Jan 09, 2017, 11:27 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbtmn
From the manual, Section 12 Notification Messages:
"Control stick not centered! - Your control stick must be centered to arm the multirotor. If your control stick is centered, please rerun the Receiver Analysis Wizard again."

It means you have not Incorporated Trims after changing them so Vector thinks you have the stick off of center. Rerun the Wizard or better yet Incorporate Trims on the OSD menu...
Jan 11, 2017, 01:22 AM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 02:38 AM.
Jan 11, 2017, 11:02 AM
Any of your guys use your vector on more than one model? Id like to use it in my quad and in my flying wing. In assuming you would have to connect it to a pc to load the configuration files for that model every time your wanted to move the vector and fly a different model? Is there an easier way to swap between different models than by connecting it to the pc?

Quick Reply