Nov 12, 2013, 08:38 PM
Thread OP
Redemptioner, a G meter is built into the Vector. Additional sensors (aside from temperature/RPM) can be added to the Vector, using the daisy chain method (or a Y cable), just like the OSD Pro. How many temperature sensors do you need total?

Quote:
Also would like to see a Bluetooth or WiFi or Telemetry connection to make it easier to tune (especially for Multirotors) from a laptop or tablet.
That connection is there (marked UART on Vector case). We have some plans for that down the road. Note also that you can fully tune your multirotor via the Vector stick menus, via the video display.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2013, 09:17 PM
Professional UAV Services
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Redemptioner, a G meter is built into the Vector. Additional sensors (aside from temperature/RPM) can be added to the Vector, using the daisy chain method (or a Y cable), just like the OSD Pro. How many temperature sensors do you need total?

That connection is there (marked UART on Vector case). We have some plans for that down the road. Note also that you can fully tune your multirotor via the Vector stick menus, via the video display.
8 for the motors, 8 for the ESC's, 8 for the batteries, 2 for the video TX's at a fully pimped out ride ...oh I guess six of each then because looking back you only have 6 motor outputs.....

Yeah, not sure how much tuning you have done that way but it sucks in general (no offence intended), you want to tune while in the air, not land, tune, takeoff, land, tune, takeoff.....
Nov 12, 2013, 11:05 PM
When i use guardian on my petrol planes, the AHI looks great but as soon as I dial up the guardian a little bit it immediately attempts to crash the aircraft in the most interesting way possible It's like the guardian wants to put on an air show.

I'm building a new gasser for FPV here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2034864 I guess i'll get to the eagletree mounting in a week or so, my usual setup however is two peices of latex foam, and two pieces of FR4 separated by silicon vibration dampeners.

I have differential ailerons AND differential elevators... and need RPM and motor temp btw... sensor board would be great.
Nov 12, 2013, 11:15 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Pricing, pricing, pricing

oogling over all the features, but if it is too expensive I might as well unsub now and quit teasing myself.

With the extensive capabilities of this package, I fear it is going to be priced out of my league. I hope I am wrong!
Nov 13, 2013, 02:36 AM
The RTH is a completely new algorithm, and requires little if any tuning (at least that's how it's shaping up right now!). It arrives home and circles with a programmable radius.
[/I]
Wonderful. Not that the old one was bad- just that a real no-tune RTH is a breakthrough. If it really can do that, this thing will rock!

About old GPS support:
That's a tough question. It is presently supported, and we don't have plans to remove the support - if we do, it will be because we can't offer the same good experience with the existing GPS. However, there are some caveats:
- You'll need to build a "flat 4" to JST cable adapter for it.

Somehow that doesn't seem too difficult

- Without the new GPS, compass is not supported, so no GPS modes will be available with multirotors, and planes will not have compass support (but RTH will still work of course except in high winds). So it would not be a good choice to do this with multis unless you just need the GPS parameters displayed.
- due to inventory management issues and in fairness to everybody, we may not have the individual pieces available separately initially, but that will definitely happen shortly after we ship.

I'm going to do that just as soon as it's possible. I'd offer to Beta that setup, (RTH, no compass) but the weather here provides so few good flying days it might be spring before I could get a lot of RTH track data to you.

Yes, the Vector supports 6 outputs, and they will automatically be configured based on your settings. The slight downside is that if you use the 5th output you can't have an RPM sensor, and if you use the 6th you can't have a temperature sensor. We're considering a multisensor add-on board if there is demand for this. If we do that board, it will let you measure RPM on multirotors.

Not slight, I think. Temp and rpm are pretty basic requirements for any aircraft, and as you can see from the response here, that second aileron allowing differential and flaperons, etc. is a widely held requirement. Ask yourself: With a conventional plane with simple differential ailerons, we gotta decide which eye to blind ourselves in-temp or RPM. Sorry to sound even a single negative note here, but I don't know why you guys did that. Better get that add-on board cranked up fast.
Otherwise, really, really nice product.
Last edited by wazoo22; Nov 13, 2013 at 02:52 AM.
Nov 13, 2013, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
Redemptioner/Issus/wazoo22, got it on the sensors! That add-on will really open things up there.

Redemptioner,
Quote:
you want to tune while in the air, not land, tune, takeoff, land, tune, takeoff.....
The menus are accessible while flying, and by default the airframe is stabilized level while the control stick is used to navigate the menus. This is not for everybody though!

bsbauman, pls don't unsub.
Last edited by billpa; Nov 13, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
Nov 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Lol not yet; still keenly watching as I am sure it will still be a great product.
I'm just hopeful that after recovering from my last fly away, that I can afford it
Nov 13, 2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Redemptioner/Issus/wazoo22, got it on the sensors! That add-on will really open things up there.

Redemptioner, The menus are accessible while flying, and by default the airframe is stabilized level while the control stick is used to navigate the menus. This is not for everybody though!

bsbauman, pls don't unsub.
And what happens if you make an error in the tuning or there is a gust of wind when tuning and you don't have any stick control?
Nov 13, 2013, 10:50 PM
Cruising at 399ft AGL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner
And what happens if you make an error in the tuning or there is a gust of wind when tuning and you don't have any stick control?
The flight controller / autopilot compensates. At least that's the idea. I navigate the menus on my DragonOSD and RVOSD all the time, but that's flying fixed wing. I've had a Naza on a quad and currently fly two tricopters with KK2.0 boards, the autolevel on all of those work great! I can sit my transmitter down to adjust my goggles or whatever without worrying, unless there's a strong enough wind to push me around. I'm betting a GPS position hold would even take care of that though, for the most part.
Nov 13, 2013, 10:52 PM
So how does this compare to NAZA with GPS or the Feiyu Tech FY-41AP? It would be nice to have an overview of the main differences - what can the Vector do more or less than the others.

I fly the NAZA with GPS in a quad, and I was looking at buying the FY-41AP for an FPV plane. But just came accross this, and since I love and am very happy with my 7 ET Guardians on different scale planes, I am now very interested in the knowing how the Vector compares before I invest in a new system.
Nov 13, 2013, 11:55 PM

Comparison

Thank you for bringing up the need for comparison

I believe a comparison would go a long way with many of us -

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadorey
So how does this compare to NAZA with GPS or the Feiyu Tech FY-41AP? It would be nice to have an overview of the main differences - what can the Vector do more or less than the others.

I fly the NAZA with GPS in a quad, and I was looking at buying the FY-41AP for an FPV plane. But just came accross this, and since I love and am very happy with my 7 ET Guardians on different scale planes, I am now very interested in the knowing how the Vector compares before I invest in a new system.
Nov 14, 2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadorey

I think a real comparison is to compare it to arducopter on APM
Nov 14, 2013, 09:32 AM
4ever newb
Quote:
Nov 14, 2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Bill, you say you're "considering" an add-on board. Yike. Doesn't sound like it's any time soon. When? STILL waiting for Godot- or another aileron, whichever comes first, I guess.
Last edited by wazoo22; Nov 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Nov 14, 2013, 12:10 PM

Comparison

Maybe the Beta Testers could share there experience so far -

I would like to hear how easy or difficult it is to take it from box to air vs other solutions including the OSD Pro, APM, FY41AP.

I'm really hoping I can put this on my Christmas list and not my New Years wish list.... Will we have a chance to purchase for Christmas?

Dozer

Quote:

Quick Reply