Views: 73
Size: 125.5 KB
Description:

I'll have some time to improve.

Guido
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2015, 04:54 PM
Adam
I got a flight in right before sundown. I needxa lot of practice .
Dec 02, 2015, 05:02 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
I got a flight in right before sundown. I needxa lot of practice .
Well done nonetheless. Nice program you are using!
Last edited by l shems; Dec 02, 2015 at 05:21 PM.
Dec 03, 2015, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems
Hereby my results for today, 13:33 out of 18:00

Attachment 8478983Attachment 8478970

Attachment 8478973

I'll have some time to improve.

Guido
A bit OT, but what hardware is needed for you inside your DLG for you to get all those altitude numbers on your transmitter? I have a tough time just fitting a Zlog Z6R in my Twister 2.
Dec 03, 2015, 07:49 AM
Adam
FrSky x4r rx with case removed and heat shrink over it, FrSky FVAS-02H vario. No hub anything like that is needed. The vario plugs into the rx.
Dec 31, 2015, 06:27 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Happy new year!!!!!!

The new task setup for the taranis training program is posted. It will set a single target of 236 seconds with 1200 seconds working time, with five flights allowed. The 236 seconds is the longest flight possible to improve five times, so if you fly longer, you cannot finish anymore! Perhaps better to land a little earlier and keep some reserve to be able to improve, and try to make up for that in the last flight.

It will call out the time to improve after each flight.

It's up to you to finish the necessary 5 flights, and check if you have improved on each flight. The program will tell you "well done" when you did, but the program will not stop if you didn't improve your previous time.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...13&postcount=1

Add: it will prevent you from flying the fifth flight if your 4th flight cannot be improved within the remaining working time.
Last edited by l shems; Jan 02, 2016 at 05:01 AM.
Jan 01, 2016, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwill6
Anybody else curious about what DLG is in the upper right hand corner of the Winterpostal page? That tail set looks really interesting.
It's called ''Vintalus''... experimental, not very successful . the Y-tail gave problems with launch and eventually broke, causing a big krak in the ground.. It looked great and had some more ''strange features'' like a trapeze shaped wing, small chord at the root . eventually I did saw the wingtips off and made a mini from it. That one was rather successful and won 2 dutch ''mini-championships''

I found a short video of the original ''vintalus'', must be one of the first launches i made with it;https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j...10151844,d.ZWU
Jan 06, 2016, 09:21 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
My first attempt. Since 3 min is already a nice result, and difficult to improve 4 times, I decided to start low and take a bet on the last flight. All went nice,as after the first flight the sky opened up and there were some nice thermals. I actually had to come down three times, to the possibility to improve as large as possible, and sticking to the strategy.
The fourth flight I landed to early, since best flight for the fourth is half what is lef minus some seconds. Didn't realise that in time.

Then, final flight, sky turns dark, and my timer stopped early due to an unintended switch flipover during a slippery launch.

Air was completely the opposite as before, and i was down after 1:30 of a 50 meter flight.

Pity, next time more luck. I had only 45 minutes to fly.

Jan 08, 2016, 03:55 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
OK, new try, new strategy.

3 'quick' flights, easy to improve on, and then the fourth flight aiming on half the remaining time, and the last flight to fill up the 20 minutes (at least,that's the idea lol).

Had fun and a nice thermal, and the new strategy gave at least a score!

Guido
Jan 08, 2016, 04:37 PM
Adam
I was looking forward to this months but I broke both of the booms on my DLGs. If I ever get them repaired I look forward to flying more of these monthly tasks. They were really fun to do with the Taranis programming by l shems!
Jan 09, 2016, 08:13 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Fixing a clean break is one hour work!
Jan 09, 2016, 04:43 PM
Thread OP
Here in Finland we really can not think about flying dlg at the moment.

Whole last week we had nice freezing weather with -30 C degrees in southern Finland.
North Finland had over -40 C.
Now itīs little promising, only -20 C and at Monday maybe under -10 C.
Jan 21, 2016, 03:14 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Nice photo, not improved my times.
Feb 02, 2016, 04:53 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
New Taranis task4 for the winterpostal published: Check https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post33308913

Usage:

You need to finish two flights first, trying of course to max out at 300 seconds. This sets your mark for Best and Worst time (the score of this task).
After that, there is only improvement possible if you have not flown a max yet. So keep flying until you here a "Well Done!!"
Working time: 30 minutes.
Have fun.
Feb 20, 2016, 02:52 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
If you'r not to picky on reading the rules, just fly until you get two subsequent well-dones.

Quick Reply