Mar 05, 2019, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems
Go ahead, I'll log the scores.

Actually, this is asking for a dedicated site. I'm considering making it a monthly general flying task, based on competitor suggestions.

Anyone in?
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke
I would keep doing a postal. I like this sort of thing.

Ryan
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
I would bet those down under would like a winter postal during our summer. This could be a year round thing as its always cold somewhere.

Wayne
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksky
I don't do much as far as competing goes, so I'd love to have some sort of goal to work on, rather than just random flying.
Yes!!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2019, 04:37 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredler
Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!!
https://www.justfly.solutions/index....tal/bonus-task
Mar 05, 2019, 04:45 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke
Somehow it looks like my November and December scores went away.

Ryan woebkenberg
Corrected
Mar 05, 2019, 06:36 PM
Could we do something simple like a google doc for scorekeeping and randomly choose an event each month? Make a new thread for "Monthly F3K" or something like that?
Mar 05, 2019, 11:53 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredler
Could we do something simple like a google doc for scorekeeping and randomly choose an event each month? Make a new thread for "Monthly F3K" or something like that?
Yeah, was already looking into that.

justfly solutions
Mar 06, 2019, 08:44 AM
Wayne Wimbish
How about calling it, "Going Postal" ?
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Mar 06, 2019, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems
Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! The weather forecast here is so HORRIBLE.
Mar 06, 2019, 01:46 PM
I build what I fly.
I just flew my first attempt at the bonus task over lunch. Boy, flying is fun!
Mar 08, 2019, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibnjmn
I just flew my first attempt at the bonus task over lunch. Boy, flying is fun!
That's just cruel
Mar 08, 2019, 03:19 PM
I build what I fly.
I didn't intend to be cruel. Does it help if that was the first time in 2 weeks that the weather has been good enough to fly? This winter it seems there is about 1 day in 10 that the clouds open up and let the sun shine through. I'm getting some building done in between, though.
Mar 11, 2019, 09:23 AM
I build what I fly.
We had a rare, beautiful day here yesterday, so I flew the bonus task again. I skied out three times over an hour and a half, but the problem was that the lift/sink cycles were really quite regular at about 30 minute intervals! The closest I got to something that counted for this task was a 10 minute flight, and the first 5:23 of the next sky-out flight were still within the window. I guess the second flight wouldn't count, though, if I was supposed to land within 30 seconds of the window closing, because the whole flight was 8:37!

It was still nice to get out and fly, and had several people come up and ask about the glider, too!
Mar 11, 2019, 01:39 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Scores entered.

justfly solutions
Mar 27, 2019, 09:52 AM
FINALLY got a halfway decent day to fly yesterday. About 50F with winds anywhere from 0 to 10mph. Put a 1/2 ounce ballast stick in the BAMF to give it a bit more penetration when the winds picked up.

First throw went straight into a thermal and before long I was up close to 200m. Forgot how tiny that plane gets that high up and a little bit down field. Plus, it practically disappears in certain line-of-sight orientations. Did the first max 10 minute flight on the first throw with no trouble

After a few tosses and not catching anything over our field, I realized that the plowed field to the west of our grass strip was the place to be. It being around 3pm and the slope on that field facing the sun turned it into a thermal generating monster. I couldn't NOT find lift there, as long as I was downwind of the slope, which unfortunately meant I had to keep the plane quite a bit down wind from me. Almost made a second max flight in that same window, but once I got out of that lift zone, the plane sank like it was on an elevator with the cables cut. But, made 9:40 anyway.

600 + 580 = (1180/1200)*1000 = 983
Mar 27, 2019, 11:02 AM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Wow nice work Dark Sky!!!

I got really good weather this past Saturday and did my March postal task then. I really like the postal and will continue to participate as long as it is ran.

Ryan
Mar 27, 2019, 11:59 AM
plays with toy planes
I didn't play this year, but I did just look through the task list and holy moley. Big tasks for the winter! Look forward to goofing around with this contest next winter.

Quick Reply