Jan 23, 2020, 08:42 PM

Twins

1000/1500 grit wet sand then buffing and polish, with any luck I will have them floating in 2 weeks for a maiden, test and then race midwinters in February lol
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2020, 11:16 AM
Will fly for food
Dave

How "identical" are they. What differences have you found with the construction and finishing?
Last edited by davidjensen; Jan 24, 2020 at 11:22 AM.
Jan 25, 2020, 12:22 AM

Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen
Dave

How "identical" are they. What differences have you found with the construction and finishing?
David they came out pretty close, mine (yellow) somehow came out 4 mm narrower but 55g heavier (which I believe was due to me experimenting with 6oz E glass) I will get a bit of that back after RMG install as the newest version are 32g lighter than the old style. Idk, we are measuring and certifying the hulls tomorrow. I am planning (hoping) for roughly 180g of corrector weights on each hull, we shall see lol. Honestly at this point, I will be pleased if they float. Tired
Jan 26, 2020, 10:25 PM

Adriatic twins

About ready for a float next weekend
Jan 27, 2020, 11:20 AM
Will fly for food
Here is an image of what I think will be the aft deck design. Now I need to see how it will extend through the bow.
Feb 01, 2020, 04:11 PM

Done

Light day for maiden, but sailing was achieved.
Feb 02, 2020, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen
Here is an image of what I think will be the aft deck design. Now I need to see how it will extend through the bow.
looking good David!
One thing I would keep in mind; the boats are not that big, and it is easy to loose a beautiful detail because of overdoing it. No criticism, and obviously also taste dependent, but in my opinion less is often more.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful wood becoming a yacht.
In the meantime I am trying to save my newly built Ellipsis hull from the scrapyard, but that is an other thread.
Henri
Feb 02, 2020, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwood
Light day for maiden, but sailing was achieved.
Looking good. Certainly beats our climate at this time of year. Are you sure you call this winter?
Feb 02, 2020, 01:19 PM
FYI ... be aware of too much “Deck Bling” turning into sheet line snags ... causing servos to bind or brake the deck bling ...

Maybe consider deck bling that is REMOVABLE for sailing and replaced for display ... a happy balance ??

Just something to consider ... ??
Mar 10, 2020, 01:55 AM

Alpha

Pretty happy with this boat now,upgraded the fin and rudder and built some nice rigs.Seems to be on pace with the best boats in my fleet .
Mar 23, 2020, 03:55 PM
Hello builders,
I have a request for help, I am covering all forums as I have had no luck online. I`m looking for measurements spec sheet and trim info for a Mad Max {Jeff Byerley}. Any help would be awesome.
Cheers
Mar 23, 2020, 05:41 PM
IBEX Lair, Cavalero Hill

Ask Jeff

Ask Jeff.
http://www.mirageradioyachts.com/index.php/contact-me
He can be very helpful . . . . sometimes.
Don't mention my name. JWB

Oh And here is a 2012 file I found
http://www.ibextrax.com/Misc/Jeff%20...20an%20IOM.pdf
Last edited by USA 42; Mar 23, 2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add file.
Mar 23, 2020, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA 42
Ask Jeff.
http://www.mirageradioyachts.com/index.php/contact-me
He can be very helpful . . . . sometimes.
Don't mention my name. JWB
Thank you Sir I will

Quick Reply