Dec 27, 2013, 06:21 PM
Can any one describe more about the airspeed tube and if it is included in the purchase. Photos of close up and how to set it up would be great.
Also does it support PPM
Cheers M
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2013, 11:00 PM
It's a job...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllsurf
I'm using 2, 2 position switches for my flight modes on my storm. When either both ch5 and ch6 are on or ch 5 is on then I am in RTH, when ch5 is off and ch6 is on I am in PA, if both the switches are off then I am in manual mode.
I am using a futaba radio, here is my mixing
Ch6 master, slave ch 5, and it is mixed at -100%.
I just attached a servo to ch5 and played around with the mixing and the end points until the servo moved correctly.

Also on another note, i think that an auto circle would be even better then way points. Just a function that when you flip a switch it circles the current location. This would b super useful if u need to fix something on the ground for a second. (Maybe it could be added to the storm too)
Thanks and have a nice day
Thanks. Will have to try this out when I get mine.
Question. So how would you go about activating waypoint/autopilot mode with the setup you have? what would be your switch sequence you would have to do while flying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrock
Can any one describe more about the airspeed tube and if it is included in the purchase. Photos of close up and how to set it up would be great.
Also does it support PPM
Cheers M
No not included. Look for some 3/32" silicon fuel tubing for glow fuel tanks. Local hobby store will have it. Then find
some copper or brass tubing to insert into that. The tubing will connect into the Tornado. Were they installed the static
port I'm not sure. Figure out where you want it and run the tubing there. Install a piece of copper of brass tubing
approx 2" out of the silcone tubing. Best to install it out on nose or wing. I plan on putting mine out the nose of my skywalker.

If you want it out on the wing, you'll have to make disconnect when you want to remove your wing. Too much work

Pitot tube is nothing more than fancy air pressure gauge. It measures the difference between the air
pressure on one side (the copper tube) and the air pressure on the other side (static port).
No airflow at all, and the pressure would equate to zero meaning zero indicated airspeed.

The beauty of using a pitot tube for the Tornado to control engine power vs gps is that gps has no
idea what your airspeed is. Only groundspeed. So you could be near a stall and the gps would
tell the Tornado everything is A OK when it's not. (ie strong tail wind).

On a Storm you see only your groundspeed. Tornado shows both. You can instantaneously see if you are flying with a tail or headwind. Brilliant.

Last edited by 747Pilot; Dec 28, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
Dec 27, 2013, 11:20 PM
Flying Zayin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrock
It is not included.
Making it by yourself can take anything between 2 minutes and 2 weeks, depending on availability of materials which are soft latex surgical tube and some sort of metal or hard plastic tube of smaller diameter. (the latter you will need for the front end). Some use thinner end links of telescopic antennas. Exact diameter is not critical as you don't need precision in airspeed measurements.
Fixing the soft tube to the board sensor I believe should not be tight as you need the tube to easily fall off in case of crash.
All the rest is shown in the manual.
Dec 28, 2013, 12:36 AM
Drone X Labs Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Pilot
Thanks. Will have to try this out when I get mine.
Question. So how would you go about activating waypoint/autopilot mode with the setup you have? what would be your switch sequence you would have to do while flying?
Well maybe u could use 3 position switch and a 2 position switch in essence turning it into a 4 position switch.
Jan 03, 2014, 01:21 AM
FPV Pilot
Been kinda quiet.... My just arrived but i haven't gotten around to playing with it just yet.
Jan 03, 2014, 02:35 AM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Hey Guys I just received my TORNADO OSD from BevRC.com It arrived in 16 days. Ordered December 17 and it arrived on Jan 2nd. I would say that's pretty quick for free shipping and 2 holidays in there. Anyways here is a quick overview of the Device.

Cyclops Tornado OSD and Xuav Talon and Talon Mini (5 min 31 sec)
Jan 03, 2014, 10:26 AM
Mine is finally in route..hopefully it comes with this week...but we just got hit hard with some snow
Jan 03, 2014, 09:55 PM
Lover of scale R/C
Mine is en route..Can't wait to try it in real terms, any downsides reported with this system as yet?
Jan 04, 2014, 12:18 AM
It's a job...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg
Hey Guys I just received my TORNADO OSD from BevRC.com It arrived in 16 days. Ordered December 17 and it arrived on Jan 2nd. I would say that's pretty quick for free shipping and 2 holidays in there. Anyways here is a quick overview of the Device.

http://youtu.be/LNkJFsGU04I
Where did they stick the static port., is it obvious?
Jan 04, 2014, 10:01 AM

today we test PA safe range

1000m safe range
Jan 04, 2014, 10:04 AM

way point and RTH circle test

3 way point
Jan 04, 2014, 10:07 AM

free flight test

manual control and some PA mode
Jan 04, 2014, 01:49 PM
Thread OP
Great info for testing, I like to see new AHI, because current AHI is to simple and when you climb they stock at top of OSD if you understed me
Jan 04, 2014, 09:52 PM
extraline, how did you create these images?
Jan 04, 2014, 10:22 PM
Show!

Quick Reply