Dec 23, 2013, 02:08 PM
Mine is on the way as well.

I am planning to use it with my mobius and 250mw fatshark transmitter. Which both are 5v. Could you guys please check my wiring diagram? I've waited and saved for so long to buy an OSD and I'll honestly go nuts if I see the magic smoke.

Thanks

G
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2013, 07:27 AM
Hello everyone merry Christmas and happy new year.
Best wishes from China.
Dec 24, 2013, 01:02 PM
Drone X Labs Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by genrlst View Post

I am planning to use it with my mobius and 250mw fatshark transmitter. Which both are 5v. Could you guys please check my wiring diagram? I've waited and saved for so long to buy an OSD and I'll honestly go nuts if I see the magic smoke.

Thanks

G
It dos not look bad to me but I blew up my first storm so don’t trust me on it

You might want to get rid of splitting the grounds for v in and v out. I would guess they go to the same place.
Dec 25, 2013, 01:33 AM
It's a job...
Quote:
Originally Posted by genrlst View Post

Thanks

G
Personally I would highly recommend NOT using the möbius for fpv. That goes for Gopro, Sony Action Cam, etc..etc... A perfectly good pz0420 can run circles around any HD cam with much less risk.

You really run the risk of locking up, "freezing" while flying, horrible white balance, wide dynamic range & latency issues. Apparently a large issue with möbius. Go to 6:00 in.

Mobius HD camera RF noise and latency tests (9 min 33 sec)
Dec 25, 2013, 01:39 AM
Drone X Labs Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Pilot View Post
Personally I would highly recommend NOT using the möbius for fpv. That goes for Gopro, Sony Action Cam, etc..etc... A perfectly good pz0420 can run circles around any HD cam with much less risk.

You really run the risk of locking up, "freezing" while flying, horrible white balance, wide dynamic range & latency issues. Apparently a large issue with möbius. Go to 6:00 in.

http://youtu.be/RXQM_I9NADM
I agree although I do fly with the hd19 but it seems to be decent
Dec 25, 2013, 08:02 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by extraline View Post
Best wishes from China.

Seams no one else noticed , merry Christmas to you too extraline !!.
Hope you get some family time and enjoy the festivities mate.!!
Dec 26, 2013, 06:19 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Best wishes from China.
Best wishes from Hoofddorp, The Netherlands to everyone
Dec 26, 2013, 12:15 PM
It's a job...
Quote:
Best wishes from China.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
Seams no one else noticed , merry Christmas to you too extraline !!.
Hope you get some family time and enjoy the festivities mate.!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
Best wishes from Hoofddorp, The Netherlands to everyone
........and still going!

Does anyone have a Tornado up and running yet? Can't wait. Right now in the process
of converting my SW 168 from 2.4/5.8 to 433/1.3

Extraline is it possible to expand the distance of the 5000 meter limit on the waypoints?
Dec 26, 2013, 07:55 PM
9W2DLR
Quote:

+1 I use pz0420 for FPV and mobius for recording I have also have a camera switch so I can cycle between the 2 camera
Dec 27, 2013, 01:34 AM
It's a job...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
+1 I use pz0420 for FPV and mobius for recording I have also have a camera switch so I can cycle between the 2 camera
Just finished my install of a switcher. Got an 808 on tail. Want to put möbius on tail and the 808 on wing wing tip looking spanwise. Maybe put möbius on pan servo on tail.

Hobby King 3 way camera switcher (1 min 18 sec)
Dec 27, 2013, 02:32 AM
Flying Zayin

Futaba serial bus ON by default

Tornado owners

Please bear in mind that the device is shipped with Futaba Serial Bus setting ON by default.
Translated in normal human language it means that you connect everything, turn the system on, it seems OK, the picture is on the screen, BUT the servos don't respond.
This does not mean the unit is faulty.
Go to settings menu, find serial bus and change Y into N.
Exit menu, power off the device, next time you power it on the servos will work OK.
(it might work without restarting but in my case I had to do power off and on).

I'm having some funny problem with throttle channel (it works fine if I connect servo to THO OUT but the ESC doesn't work at all), so for the meantime I'm having ESC connected to the receiver, not to OSD.

I'll continue testing it for some more time, making a list of questions to ask Extraline, rather than start giving him nudges every time something goes not exactly the way I think it should.

So far so good.
Dec 27, 2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:

Thank you. I just bought a pz0420h. Still waiting on my tornado.

Cheers
Dec 27, 2013, 10:40 AM
new manual update 20131230
Last edited by extraline; Dec 29, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
Dec 27, 2013, 01:44 PM
It's a job...
Quote:
new manual
Thanks.

It appears on the surface that a user must use a knob to use the 4 positions to make use of the waypoint/autopilot feature.

However, I imagine there has to be someway to use a 3 position or even dual 3 position switches, that are programmable and mixable. ie Taranis , 9x, 9xr - to make this work.

Anyone have any ideas off the bat?
Dec 27, 2013, 02:44 PM
Drone X Labs Team Pilot
Quote:
Thanks.

It appears on the surface that a user must use a knob to use the 4 positions to make use of the waypoint/autopilot feature.

However, I imagine there has to be someway to use a 3 position or even dual 3 position switches, that are programmable and mixable. ie Taranis , 9x, 9xr - to make this work.

Anyone have any ideas off the bat?
I'm using 2, 2 position switches for my flight modes on my storm. When either both ch5 and ch6 are on or ch 5 is on then I am in RTH, when ch5 is off and ch6 is on I am in PA, if both the switches are off then I am in manual mode.
I am using a futaba radio, here is my mixing
Ch6 master, slave ch 5, and it is mixed at -100%.
I just attached a servo to ch5 and played around with the mixing and the end points until the servo moved correctly.

Also on another note, i think that an auto circle would be even better then way points. Just a function that when you flip a switch it circles the current location. This would b super useful if u need to fix something on the ground for a second. (Maybe it could be added to the storm too)
Thanks and have a nice day

Quick Reply