Dec 17, 2013, 06:09 AM
I know where to buy simple ppm ==> sbus converter which will work in this situation:

LRS TX (dragon link, RL etc.)==> LRS RX (PPM mode) ==> converter ==> Tornado OSD (sbus)

Price: around 20usd with shipping

11-12chanels
26-28ms
falisafe compatibile

to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2013, 06:42 AM
Is tornado using the same usb programmer as storm? Thanks
Dec 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
Flying Bucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by genrlst
Is tornado using the same usb programmer as storm? Thanks
Yes, same USB programmer for both Storm and Tornado.
Dec 17, 2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milktruck
Yes, same USB programmer for both Storm and Tornado.
Thanks! Order placed. This is going into my new zephyr 2
Dec 18, 2013, 08:28 AM
Flying Zayin

Casing - final version

Looks great.
I would however make the hole for airspeed tube yet a bit bigger but it depends what hoses each of us uses.
Hope to fly the Tornado at weekend.
Will write about it.
Dec 18, 2013, 08:32 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray
Looks great.
I would however make the hole for airspeed tube yet a bit bigger but it depends what hoses each of us uses.
Hope to fly the Tornado at weekend.
Will write about it.
Looking forward to the first tests.
Dec 18, 2013, 09:22 AM
Just ordered mine...don't forget to use the discount code from Bevrc!
Dec 18, 2013, 10:51 AM
Chi va piano, va lontano
So i assume There is some sort of gui for selecting waypoints? Any idea how that will work with this osd?
Dec 18, 2013, 01:40 PM
Looking forwards to seeing how this goes
Dec 20, 2013, 01:28 AM
It's a job...
Cant wait.
My two Storms have yet to disappoint. Going to replace the Storm in my Skywalker with this.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:12 AM
It's a job...
Milktruck ordered two for these for us here in PA, paid for it when it came out, then he gets a "sorry we're out of stock" email today from them. What cr-p.

Anyone else order this recently and get same notice? I HATE buying out of USA. This is why I deal mostly by hobby wireless and aloft hobbies. You know that when you pay for something it's going to be shipped.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:16 AM
Flying Bucks
saw is listed at goodluckbuy too, but may be same story:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/cyclops-t...airplanes.html
Dec 20, 2013, 11:48 AM
It's a job...
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87
So i assume There is some sort of gui for selecting waypoints? Any idea how that will work with this osd?
Actually no. From reading the manual you can see that waypoints are entered in manually in the osd menu. Each point is based on your home position. From what I gather you can set 10 waypoints.

You set a distance out from your launch point and an angle referencing north for each waypoint.
Remember the Pythagorean formula? You're gonna need it.

So for example you want to fly a box pattern with 2000 meters on all sides southeast of you.

Way point A
Distance 2000 Ang 180
Altitude 150m ON

Waypoint B
Distance 2,828 Ang 135
Altitude 150m ON

Waypoint C
Distance 2000 Ang 90
Altitude 150 ON

*Waypoint D
Distance 0 Ang 0
Altitude 150m ON

* The manual is unclear if waypoint D is necessary at all or the plane will automatically fly to home after waypoint C is reached while in autopilot (waypoint) mode.

The above waypoints should have the plane fly south of your launch 2000 meters, fly east 2000 meters, fly north 2000 meters and fly back to you westbound 2000 meters.

It appears there are four pages available in the osd covering waypoints A to J. They all can be stored there able to be turned on/off before launch. Resulting in different flight patterns depending which ones are turned ON.
Last edited by 747Pilot; Dec 20, 2013 at 01:08 PM.
Dec 20, 2013, 12:05 PM
RC pilot by soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubik3e
I know where to buy simple ppm ==> sbus converter which will work in this situation:

LRS TX (dragon link, RL etc.)==> LRS RX (PPM mode) ==> converter ==> Tornado OSD (sbus)

Price: around 20usd with shipping

11-12chanels
26-28ms
falisafe compatibile

where do you buy this converter?
and cant the Tornado take PPM signal rather than SBUS?
Dec 21, 2013, 12:27 AM
Flying Bucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Pilot
Milktruck ordered two for these for us here in PA, paid for it when it came out, then he gets a "sorry we're out of stock" email today from them. What cr-p.

Anyone else order this recently and get same notice? I HATE buying out of USA. This is why I deal mostly by hobby wireless and aloft hobbies. You know that when you pay for something it's going to be shipped.
Looks like they do have stock. Just got an email saying the order shipped with tracking number.

Quick Reply