Aug 20, 2019, 12:11 PM
those wings are ridiculous
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 06:35 PM
Team Warpsquad
That's crazy

I like that green on the vertical fuse tho...
Aug 20, 2019, 07:23 PM
ProBro Spaz
Hi Gbancrof,
Sorry you hare having issues, I'm discussing this with VH right now.
Just to clarify, did the kits have mixed printing like shown on the wing pic or is that two different boxes/two kits? That's not the same foam which would indicate different manufacture dates, very strange. The cutting looks fairly clean to me as well, any better examples of rough cutting?
The new batch is new product I have been told.
Also you mention over-spray, I do not see any example of this on the pics provided. Feel free to PM me any additional info you can, I want to make this right for you.
Best Regards
Gary
Aug 20, 2019, 07:34 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
@Brett_N ~ What reversing esc are you using for your profiles?
Mind posting a link?
Aug 21, 2019, 08:46 AM
Just ordered 2 Giles and 1 Slick. Crossing my fingers they're OK. I love the Giles, so I'm hoping I get good ones.
Aug 21, 2019, 10:35 AM
Emax 12A BLHeli

4 for $30

https://www.amazon.com/BLHeli-firmwa.../dp/B00X2II4ZU
Aug 21, 2019, 11:04 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_N
Have you ever experienced any issues with the 1 amp BEC? That's a good price on the ESC's but I'd hate to lose power to my receiver and crash.
Aug 21, 2019, 10:02 PM
I've had bad luck with the cheap esc's for these 32 inch foamies. The best I've found is the Castle Talon 15. It's given my rock solid reliability in these foamies.
Aug 21, 2019, 10:46 PM
Registered Abuser
My favorite cheap ESC was the 12 amp Blue Series from Hobbyking. They were made by Mystery I believe. I've been using the Mantis Slim lately and they've been good also.
Aug 22, 2019, 09:44 AM
I use the 12amp ESC from Value Hobby and they have been rock solid.

My Giles 202 is a little off color but I never noticed until it was brought up her so I guess to me it`s not a big deal.
Aug 22, 2019, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Have you ever experienced any issues with the 1 amp BEC? That's a good price on the ESC's but I'd hate to lose power to my receiver and crash.
Nope - and I fly with digital servo's and fly the snot out of these things.

I've used the ZTW Mantis as well (15A I think)
Aug 22, 2019, 01:56 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thank you Brett
Aug 22, 2019, 02:19 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_N
Mr Floppy on the far right. He's got about 200 flights on him. after some aggressive over-gluing of some busted aileron hinges, he now has "wing warping" technology instead of standard ailerons.
If you take a sharp Xacto to the hinge line and cut it in a dotted line pattern you can free it back up. beginners often do this the first time they do Foam-Tac hinges so I pass this along when people mention it. The gotcha with Foam-Tac is it stiffens more over the first 24 hours so the perfect hinge is too stiff on day 2
Aug 22, 2019, 07:13 PM
While building VH planes first thing I do for the rudder ailerons and elevator is cut a slits with a razor blade across the hinge line and put braided fishing line in the slit then CA in place. Keeps the hinges easy to move and really strengthens the hinge line.
Aug 23, 2019, 01:21 AM
Pro Bro 415
Started on my 202 kit today. As mentioned, the green colors aren't all the same shade, but I'm not concerned about it.

The slot on the horizontal stab is cut from the top side instead of from the bottom. No big deal, but it would look nicer if the slot was on the bottom where it's out of sight.

The only real modifications will be to use dual aileron servos, and use 1mm carbon rods to build a truss system to stiffen the fuselage instead of the zigzag foam pieces.

My favorite ESC for foamies that are similar in size to the 202 is the Turnigy Plush, either the 10 or 12 amp. These both have 2 amp BECs and have worked perfectly with three or four Futaba 3114 servos. I've had problems in the past with ESCs that had a 1 amp BEC when using four 3114 servos.
Last edited by Dave McDonald; Aug 24, 2019 at 01:14 AM.

Quick Reply