Gruse Bo-15/1 - RC Groups
Oct 29, 2013, 07:46 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Gallery

Gruse Bo-15/1

Gruse BO 15/1 was an attempt to create a "People's Aircraft". It was built by the August Gruse Maschinenfabrik and had a Köller m3 18hp engine driving a pusher propeller. It was a single seater with an operational weight of 306kg and a 108kg empty weight. My understanding is that there was only one built, registration D-YOYF, and that it was flown by Ernst Udet.

Last edited by davidterrell80; May 26, 2014 at 05:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2017, 09:51 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
I was trawling for information on this plane when I came across this post from 2013 - thanks David!

In 1958 I bought the Aeromodeller Annual. It had a Fokker DR1 on the cover and among the scores of illustrations, a plan by Kurt Schnittke of the Rossiten-Motor-AS. This was a free flight pusher motor-glider of 48” span with a neat tadpole-shaped fuselage and slightly swept wings. It turns out that the correct designation was Gruse BO 15, although Rohn-Rossiten gliders were made in East Prussia and were famous in the early 1930’s. and there are pictures of very similar gliders on the sand dunes of Eastern Europe.

The model captivated me as a 14 year-old and 46 years later, I built it! Herr Schnittke shows a small diesel engine (0.75cc, I suppose) providing the power, but I made it as an indoor or light wind outdoor rudder-elevator RC model for the ubiquitous GWS IPS hardware. It flew very well indeed.

The model was designed without ailerons. but it is obvious that they were incorporated in the full-size.
Sep 06, 2017, 02:08 PM
Nicely done!