RFU - diversity receiver for X10+ - Page 6 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 04, 2017, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret
no, not that one. the one on this picture, but the electric version. Has a hacker B50-11s, 6.7/1 planetary, 18x12 carbon prop, 4s 3000 lipos
adding to the information, on the picture you can see the cavity between the two elevons. Also those rectangular carbon plates hide a Volz wing servo
each, maybe another possible interference problem.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2017, 02:57 AM
I would install the RFU in the fuse and stick the antenna wires outside of the fuse. That is the only thing that will work with certain types of pure carbon fiber. Most people use plastic stirring straws as tubes to protect the antennas. Angle them down and outwards from the use so the tip of the antenna is nearly flush with the bottom of the fuse. I would put one antenna wire on each side of the fuse (mirror image installation).

You might want to range test a simple taped on setup to see if your carbon fiber actually affects the range. I have a pure carbon fuse that has zero issues, and one that Daryl Perkins made for me where I can't get 10 feet of range (at full power) with the receiver inside.

The NEW X10+ will fit better in gliders. The new version is narrower and will be available with end pins. The 11th channel output (or extra receiver input) has been moved next to primary receiver input, so they are now side by side.