RFU - diversity receiver for X10+ - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 29, 2013, 03:26 PM
New Product

RFU - diversity receiver for X10+

The RFU is now available! You can find the manual for the RFU here:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/manuals.php

The RFU is tiny and super sensitive receiver with dual diversity antennas and a single data port output. It can output 7 different modes (Xtreme Fast/Slow, Spektrum hires/lowres, Futaba S.BUS, and PPM positive/negative). The default mode is Xtreme (fast), which is also the default mode for the X10+ Channel Expander. The RFU binds with a button like our original 8 and 10 channel receivers, using the same exact method - power up the RFU and press hold the button until the LED turns green, and then release the button. The LED will start flashing orange and its in binding mode. You can bind multiple RFUs (and Nanos) as master/slaves if you want... although that's probably not necessary given the way this works with the X10+. The default output mode is Xtreme (fast). So, after you bind it you can plug it into a X10+ and immediately use it without changing any settings.

The RFU has all of the same channel mapping and failsafe features as the normal receivers, but you should not use those if you are using it with the X10+. I left those feature there when you use the RFU with something like a BeastX, VBar, etc. That way you have the ability to remap channels and set up your failsafes.
Last edited by JimDrew; Oct 29, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2013, 04:02 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
woop woop!

(link to product: http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...p?prod=XPS-RFU )

Last edited by theKM; Oct 29, 2013 at 04:19 PM.
Oct 29, 2013, 05:38 PM
House of Paine
Sweet! Ordered a few RFU's and X10's to play with.
Oct 29, 2013, 06:02 PM
Stress Be Gone
You should put a picture of the RFU on page 4 of the manual that points out the pushbutton and LED.
Oct 29, 2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I thought about that, but the button is labeled "PROG" and is referred that way throughout the manual. The LED is pretty easy to understand. By the way, we hand changed every LED because I couldn't stand how dim they were.
Oct 29, 2013, 09:37 PM
Ifly4fun33

What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The RFU is now available! You can find the manual for the RFU here:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/manuals.php

The RFU is tiny and super sensitive receiver with dual diversity antennas and a single data port output. It can output 7 different modes (Xtreme Fast/Slow, Spektrum hires/lowres, Futaba S.BUS, and PPM positive/negative). The default mode is Xtreme (fast), which is also the default mode for the X10+ Channel Expander. The RFU binds with a button like our original 8 and 10 channel receivers, using the same exact method - power up the RFU and press hold the button until the LED turns green, and then release the button. The LED will start flashing orange and its in binding mode. You can bind multiple RFUs (and Nanos) as master/slaves if you want... although that's probably not necessary given the way this works with the X10+. The default output mode is Xtreme (fast). So, after you bind it you can plug it into a X10+ and immediately use it without changing any settings.

The RFU has all of the same channel mapping and failsafe features as the normal receivers, but you should not use those if you are using it with the X10+. I left those feature there when you use the RFU with something like a BeastX, VBar, etc. That way you have the ability to remap channels and set up your failsafes.
I Wish I knew what all this means, but I don't. I'm an insurance man not an electrical engineer. I love to build and fly R/C airplanes but could care less about how it all works and what is meant by all the gobbeldegook: "RFU, dual dicersity antennas, etc." Please translate into a simple to understand explaination for the lot of us who are "electroncs impaired" and just want to fly and purchase the best eqiuipment. What and how does this new piece of equipment work with my existing Extreme 8 channel and Nano receivers I have 6 Nano receivers and one 8 channel, all Extreme. I like all of them and would like to expand (read that as wanting more 8 plus channel receivers).

Thanks in advance.

Ifly4fun
Oct 29, 2013, 11:22 PM
The RFU is a receiver for the XtremeLink radio system. It plugs into our X10+ Channel Expander, or can be used with many different devices that accept either Spektrum satellite, Futaba S.BUS, or composite PPM data streams.

So, the RFU is a receiver without servo outputs.
Last edited by JimDrew; Oct 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
Oct 30, 2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The RFU is a receiver for the XtremeLink radio system. It plugs into our X10+ Channel Expander, or can be used with many different devices that accept either a Spektrum satellite, Futaba S.BUS, or composite PPM data streams.

So, the RFU is a receiver without servo outputs.
Can't get any simpler than that !
Nov 05, 2013, 03:32 PM
Can the RFU be setup as master/slave? I like having two recievers setup on my 35% and above planes. I known you say its not needed but for my piece of mind I like it.
Nov 05, 2013, 03:55 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic305
Can the RFU be setup as master/slave? I like having two recievers setup on my 35% and above planes. I known you say its not needed but for my piece of mind I like it.
yup, but you'll need a separate X10+ for servo output and so forth...
Nov 05, 2013, 04:45 PM
Have 2 x10 but can't find how to bind as slave.
Nov 05, 2013, 05:43 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic305
Have 2 x10 but can't find how to bind as slave.
if it's the same as the Nano's, it would be to turn it on and then push the button to get into bind mode... wait a second and then push the button again to get it into slave mode binding. But, that's how Nano is...
Nov 05, 2013, 06:11 PM
Ya but that doesn't work and manual doesn't have anything about it for slave.
Nov 05, 2013, 07:30 PM
It works the same as Nanos. You push the button a second time after putting it into binding mode.

You can't use two RFU's in the same aircraft though connected to the same X10+ board, and we NEVER recommend separating surfaces in an aircraft unless you are deliberately settings your failsafes to all neutral. We fly all of our 35%-42% aircraft with a single Nano and X10+. The RFU was really only designed for installations in carbon where the antennas had to be outside of the fuse. They work in all cases, but certainly overkill.
Nov 05, 2013, 08:11 PM
I'm using (2) x10 one for each side and yes fail safe to neutral. It may be overkill but I would rather have overkill than take a chance. Anything made by man can fail if you had a duel TX I would want that too. With the price of a 40%er its cheap insurance to have (2) x10s and receivers.