Dec 29, 2013, 01:04 PM
Yes sorry for my bad explaination.
I mean when Istarting the gimbal, the Z axis is never at 0 (in the axis of the Hexa) it's always at 5 to 10 to the right, so I'm not filming straight ahead. and I cannot fix it, I try recalibration but it's always awry.
Number of poles is good
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 689PH
I mean when Istarting the gimbal, the Z axis is never at 0 (in the axis of the Hexa) it's always at 5 to 10 to the right, so I'm not filming straight ahead. and I cannot fix it, I try recalibration but it's always awry.
Number of poles is good
ok, I understand now... have you tried to change the yaw offset at "follow mode" page? Does it have some effect on the yaw axis?
Dec 29, 2013, 03:45 PM
Albuquerque USA
Quote:
Number of poles is good
Go to follow mode tab and under yaw off set out in a negative value the gimbal will turn to the right if you looking behind the camera so out in as much as you want until it center. When you first power own try to help the gimbal as center with your hand and plug in then it will be center make sure you click write for it to save
Dec 29, 2013, 06:52 PM
Thank you !
The Askyvision's solution works fine.
It was in the follow mode tab > Follow YAW > Yaw offset modification and now it's perfect.
Good job !
Dec 29, 2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Thank you !
The Askyvision's solution works fine.
It was in the follow mode tab > Follow YAW > Yaw offset modification and now it's perfect.
Good job !
I have told you the same Twice:
"You have to tweak the offset" value until it is right.."

and

"have you tried to change the yaw offset at "follow mode" page? Does it have some effect on the yaw axis?"
Dec 29, 2013, 07:36 PM
yes Stanleyy, you're rigt, I didn't understand the first time, I read the second post at the same time as Askyvision, and understood it.

I said thank you to everyone who helped me
Jan 03, 2014, 01:35 AM
Just like a poster said EARLIER, this would need to work with an IR donlge so we can trigger pictures on the NEX5N, e.g. this dongle:

Anyway you can add a spare extension to the gimbale so people can attach there own little device?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_cameras.html
Jan 03, 2014, 01:48 PM
yes you can use an IR controller for NEX but you loose the 360 yaw and tilt feature because of the wire
Jan 05, 2014, 08:38 PM
how heavy is it fully functional ( without the camera) ?
I tried to find this information everywhere but was not able... how heavy is the ARRIS ZHAOYUN 3 axis gimbal ?
thanks !
Jan 05, 2014, 09:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagobaracho
how heavy is it fully functional ( without the camera) ?
I tried to find this information everywhere but was not able... how heavy is the ARRIS ZHAOYUN 3 axis gimbal ?
thanks !
It is 800g
Jan 08, 2014, 07:48 AM
For those of you that have this gimbal, what's your opinion? Would you buy again, any regrets?
Jan 09, 2014, 01:33 AM
after fixed the yaw problem, I'm happy with it, but missing a wire thru the tilt motor for the IF remote to control the the photo or video.
Jan 28, 2014, 12:11 AM
Hi there, I just purchased thiis gimbal. I am familiar with the alexmos board. Problem is with this gimbal, I already reduce the power but still the motors turning slowly, how can I stop the movement of this gimbal to stop it from pitching slowly, rolling and yaw.
Jan 28, 2014, 12:23 AM
What's Great about this gimbal:

1. It's assembled.
2. It uses nice parts.

What is bad about this gimbal:
It didn't seem configured correctly when I received it from a software standpoint.
They include a CD which is nice, but I don't have an optical drive
There is no guide out there on how to set one of these up exactly
I think there are generally a lot of headaches that are gimbal issues in general right now, I think as the SimbleBGC software improves and others enter the arena, and as people make tutorials on setup and balance things will get better.
Last edited by Dan Kanes; Jan 29, 2014 at 04:14 PM.
Jan 29, 2014, 02:48 PM
dan what camera are you using I have been looking at this gimbal with a nex 5n and the 16mm pancake lens, but your review has me concerned, can you post some videos?

Quick Reply