May 26, 2019, 06:55 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
Why wouldn't you use electronic mixing for these cases? That should result in less slop due to fewer mechanical joints.
I guess i can't describe my intention appropriately.

An airspeed sensor would be needed in order to truly do electronic mixing.
Anyhow, the current "mixing" is that I feed in a bit of up elevatir just as the airspeed is about to get to that critical point.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2019, 09:50 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Oh yeah, the Samurai re-maiden had a glorious toss out, completely hands free and rock solid. The weight loss was very very noticeable, and it flies inverted extraordinarily well!

Also forgot about the drive up that day...on the freeway up ahead i saw a puff of smoke and thought it was tire lock-up. I slowed as cars aimed to the left. It wasn't tire smoke because it was building...3 seconds later it was billowing and obscuring entire lanes altogether and as i passed in the clear saw that a sedan was stopped in the short wedge of shoulder between freeway and on ramp traffic... a diesel runaway at full tilt RPM WWWAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Good times

Today, i walked up as Ralph was coming down. I had the entire sky to myself in Big Air conditions with fully ballasted Blade, no rain and all grins, then walked down as Matt was coming back up for round two.
Shame nobody else took advantage!
May 27, 2019, 02:49 AM
I'm All Thumbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader
the servo output gear rocks a bit within its bearing. There isn't any gear backlash to speak of, the only slop is that the entire servo output shaft rocks.
time for a new servo?
i want to lock the outputs to the fuselage with hard-links. Ball sockets will still allow rotation whilst the firmly fixed rod end will prevent fore/aft rocking.

I fail to see how adding an elevator/servo to make it a wingeron will fix this slop issue?

My understanding is that at higher speeds, the airfoil center of pressure moves aft, converting any slop into down travel.
i pretty much doubt that.that would make setting the cg nearly pointless as the cp moving around would affect the static margin making for an uncontrollable aircraft.
May 27, 2019, 08:18 PM
Building gliders aaagain...
Another fun day at the hill...

NW winds 15 to 20's.

Full house today, Sean, jurez, Chad, Hao yang and I made it out for the comfortable winds...
Last edited by LuckyStriiike; May 27, 2019 at 09:03 PM.
May 27, 2019, 10:00 PM
High Lift Coefficient
It was a really good day! Even better than Saturday I think. Great altitudes could be gained rather quickly and far out. The guys were tearing up the the slope.

Great sloping weekend overall. I know a few guys took advantage of the fantastic conditions all three days.
May 27, 2019, 10:11 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
It's been MANY YEARS since i've flown 3 days in a row!!!!!
Sunday was by far the best lift and with the fewest pilots....all day and all sky to myself! Didn't even need the umbrella i brought up.
May 28, 2019, 12:43 AM
Sokol
a short video from this afternoon at Coyote Hills

Coyote Hills May 27 2019 (2 min 7 sec)
May 28, 2019, 01:01 AM
The first part of that is like some David Lynch production.
May 28, 2019, 10:06 AM
Sokol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
The first part of that is like some David Lynch production.

thanks! BTW one of my favorite movies is "Blue velvet"
Jun 01, 2019, 11:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureZ
June 2 is the festival !

https://apm.activecommunities.com/eb...festival/24976

Dates:
06/02/2019 (Sun) from 10:00am to 3:30pm
Don't recall whether this creates a problem for both days this weekend or just Sunday

I do recall having to park in the Quarry Parking Lot and walk around before heading up the Little Hill

I really want to check out my servo swap in the Raider, so think I'll risk it for this afternoon
Jun 01, 2019, 12:32 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Looks like Sunday only.
Jun 01, 2019, 12:37 PM
Thread OP
The event is,....

....but is the crowd?
Jun 01, 2019, 07:58 PM
Thread OP
Made it out to mid teens,....

...and enjoyed getting the Raider Racer up for a spin. Although a bit North, it was quite flyable from the Little Hill

Mark & Alex had been enjoying, along with Bill so got the opportunity to chat while I was setting up. Yuri followed and battled the Upper Hill on a N breeze

My new aileron servo did the trick, but I have a little centering to do.
Last edited by chip.greely; Jun 01, 2019 at 08:54 PM.
Jun 01, 2019, 08:28 PM
Sokol
and I was the lone wolf flying from the upper hill... saw all of you when you left ... stayed till 5:15

Quick Reply