Estes Proto X Nano RTF/Hubsan Q4 Nano/Estes Syncro Nano - Page 5 - RC Groups
Oct 28, 2013, 01:51 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by My_design
The batteries are not made to be interchangeable. Charge time is about 7-10 minutes from a USB cord, so you don't really need more batteries. Flight time is 4-5 minutes.
-B
WOW! 7-10min charge!? That's insanely fast.

Quote:
If you go and get it, you won't get any work done for the rest of the day!
LOL, I bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins
Are these available now if so from where. They are not in stock at towrr hobbies yet.
Tower Hobbies sold out pretty fast. Not sure if any other stores got the chance to grab any for their own stock.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
I'm looking at it right now.
The Estes version is mode 2.

The batteries are not made to be interchangeable. Charge time is about 7-10 minutes from a USB cord, so you don't really need more batteries. Flight time is 4-5 minutes.
-B
Thanks for the confirmation on the mode... that is good news.
Oct 28, 2013, 03:25 PM
HobbyPeople had some and ran out
Oct 28, 2013, 03:40 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
UPS says I'll have mine tomorrow.
Oct 28, 2013, 05:17 PM
A few of us just picked some up at the LHS. They fly great! A little touchy at first, but it's easy to get used to. The instructions don't say anything about dual rates, but the two sticks have a click down action like the small E-flite (Blade) transmitters do.

I'll try to figure out what the stick clicks do. Only flew it once so far.
Oct 28, 2013, 05:36 PM
Clicks don't do anything. Have fun with it! I have a blast just flying it around the kitchen.
-B
Oct 28, 2013, 07:04 PM
I wonder how it compares in size and flying qualities to my RC Fly?

Name: RCFly.jpg
Views: 268
Size: 30.0 KB
Description:
Oct 28, 2013, 07:34 PM
Hopefully those PCB legs hold up.
Oct 28, 2013, 07:53 PM
Team Warpsquad
Didn't see this in any of the specs listed. Is the gyro 3 or 6 axis? Can anyone tell by how it flys?

JustinL
Oct 28, 2013, 08:14 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL
Didn't see this in any of the specs listed. Is the gyro 3 or 6 axis? Can anyone tell by how it flys?

JustinL
The box references "a gyro", but no specifics. I just got done flying it though, and I'm going to guess it's 6-axis, because it auto-levels really quickly and the pirouettes are very clean.

This thing flies great!
Oct 28, 2013, 08:24 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
How much fly time for you? How much charge time for you? Does the body pop off easily (to change batteries)? Soldered, or connector?
Oct 28, 2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Clicks don't do anything.
-B
Wrong. They add a clicking sound
Oct 28, 2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman
The box references "a gyro", but no specifics. I just got done flying it though, and I'm going to guess it's 6-axis, because it auto-levels really quickly and the pirouettes are very clean.

This thing flies great!
Agree. The self leveling kicks in as soon as you let go of the cyclic. It does seem like 6 axis.
Oct 28, 2013, 08:42 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
How much fly time for you? How much charge time for you? Does the body pop off easily (to change batteries)? Soldered, or connector?
Haven't gotten to the timings yet.

The canopy does come off… not exactly easily… there are tiny little clips that I was afraid of breaking, but it does appear to be intended to be removable.

The battery is a 100mAh LiPo, and it has a connector, which was a nice surprise. Wasn't expecting that!

Quick Reply