Estes Proto X Nano RTF/Hubsan Q4 Nano/Estes Syncro Nano - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 26, 2013, 11:28 PM
Closed Account
I just noticed in the video that theimacman posted, at the 9 second point I think you can see his left thumb moving as the quad moves up and down. That leads me to believe that it's mode 2.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG916170
I just noticed in the video that theimacman posted, at the 9 second point I think you can see his left thumb moving as the quad moves up and down. That leads me to believe that it's mode 2.

Could still be MODE 4.

Mode 4 is left stick throttle and aileron (roll) rather than Mode 2's left stick being throttle and rudder (yaw)......

Mode 4 is confusing if you're use to Mode 2. Rather than avoid the wall, you spin then hit the wall
Oct 27, 2013, 02:16 AM
is this the smallest production quad?
Oct 27, 2013, 12:04 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsvitil
Could still be MODE 4.

Mode 4 is left stick throttle and aileron (roll) rather than Mode 2's left stick being throttle and rudder (yaw)......

Mode 4 is confusing if you're use to Mode 2. Rather than avoid the wall, you spin then hit the wall
Yeah, I had a cheapo heli that was mode 4... It's very alien, buts its as easy as cutting/swapping a couple traces on the PCB to change it to mode 2.
Oct 28, 2013, 11:16 AM
It is Mode 2.
Oct 28, 2013, 11:22 AM
New Estes Proto Quadcopter (1 min 20 sec)
Oct 28, 2013, 11:51 AM
Flyin' Ryan
Mine is on the UPS truck headed to my house today. Unfortunately I'm stuck at the office until 5pm CST though. heh
Oct 28, 2013, 11:54 AM
It looks great in that video! I was expecting far less stability and not a lot of authority on forward flight. I'm in!
Oct 28, 2013, 12:01 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Dat yaw rate!
Oct 28, 2013, 12:08 PM
so I might have missed it but still believe the question hasn't been answered. Are the lipo's interchangeable or do you use a charging cable to plug into the quad. From what it looks I'm guessing no interchangeable batteries, but would like to know for sure.
Oct 28, 2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis
Its Mode 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by My_design
It is Mode 2.
How do you guys know for sure?
Oct 28, 2013, 01:01 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Ah, you guys are making me want to run home and grab mine so I can answer these questions definitively. heh

Only a few more hours to go and I'll have certain answers for you.
Oct 28, 2013, 01:36 PM
I'm looking at it right now.
The Estes version is mode 2.

The batteries are not made to be interchangeable. Charge time is about 7-10 minutes from a USB cord, so you don't really need more batteries. Flight time is 4-5 minutes.
-B
Oct 28, 2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman
Ah, you guys are making me want to run home and grab mine so I can answer these questions definitively. heh

Only a few more hours to go and I'll have certain answers for you.
If you go and get it, you won't get any work done for the rest of the day!
Oct 28, 2013, 01:44 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Are these available now if so from where. They are not in stock at towrr hobbies yet.

Quick Reply