Estes Proto X Nano RTF/Hubsan Q4 Nano/Estes Syncro Nano - Page 371 - RC Groups
Feb 09, 2017, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker007
What r the best mods for the protoX, mine drifts after flying awhile to a point where trim and control input won't stop it.
Thanks
I'm not sure about mods on this one, but is it always drifting the same direction ?
Couple things to look for is free spinning props, you can blow on them to see if equal free spin time. Carpet fuzz and hair get easily caught under the props, remove and clean.
If a certain motor gets hotter than the others, it could be fuzz or getting worn out.
How long is your flight time before this happens ?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2017, 10:20 PM
45sec. To a min., I don't think it's in the same direction either. It's almost like you have it trimmed pretty good then you give it a control input, then it starts to drift to a point all the trim and stick input will barely hold it still
Mar 15, 2017, 04:34 PM

H111 Mod

I'm new to the group and quads. These are a few mods I've made to my H111 and thought I'd post;
-Custom Vaultz case with foam inserts
-150mAh batteries
-Trimmed and painted body

The batteries were listed for another nano, Eachine I believe, and I had to reverse the polarity on the connectors since Hubsan for some reason is reversed . Watch those polarities! Flight time increased from 3 1/2 min to 8-10 min depending on what mode I'm flying in.
I trimmed and moved the body slightly foward to fit the larger battery. I placed some holes on the body and secured to the frame with dental floss.
Motor mounts are wrapped in shrink tubing but still have some wiggle room for impact.

The H111 is really cheap on Amazon now. Love flying this little beast!
Nov 12, 2017, 06:25 PM
Dave Johnson
Cleaning up in the garage I stumbled across my Proto X stash - they’re so cute !

Does anyone know how to program the iRange-X 4:1 STM32 JR module for the Taranis to work these babies ? I also can’t remember the stick procedure to cal the gyro but using my DX9 with the arduino module I made running midelic’s code, she flies great. I can get it to bind using Hubsan protocol on the iRange but can’t get it to do anything. I’ll search in the iRange forum but just thought I’d poke this thread to show the Proto X still to this day gets ❤️

I think I may try to program BrianWii on one to see if I can get it to fly like a real acro craft

Enjoy !

-=dave
Jan 12, 2018, 02:31 PM
I was at my LHS and they had some batteries that will fit this little guy for a buck, so natuarlly i picked 2 up, found my 2 proto X installed and charged the batteries, did the calibration before each flight and was amazed at how well these fly. The stock batteries for did not last too long which is why i gave up on them. these batteries are lasting a lot longer and i am having a blast flying around the house on commercial breaks.

Quick Reply