This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 23, 2013, 12:49 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

The wifi cam returns

Wifi Cam Returns (3 min 10 sec)

With bluetooth replacing wifi for connectivity needs, decided to recycle a retired flight computer into a simple wifi cam. It took a long time to get the wifi software to work, years ago, so it was worth having some kind of demo of it. It goes from 3fps of 640x480 color to 14fps of 320x240 greyscale. It consumes 0.3A at 5V.

It's a complete waste, as commercial wifi cams go. A modern gopro can stream higher quality video at 30fps. There are many hardware video compressors which could do the job in less space. Economically, it's still probably the cheapest thing which can get some kind of moving pictures to a phone.

It was supposed to be the cheapest, smallest circuit, suitable for fitting on a monocopter & transmitting to a baseline phone without any external adapters. The flight software, video compression & communication would all be run on a single chip.
Last edited by Jack Crossfire; Oct 23, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2015, 09:19 AM

WiFi communication

Hello
Electronics is my hobby. My current project is a balancing robot with stm32f429 and WLAN module for transmiting real video image from the camera mounted on the robot. Currently I'm using CC3000 module from TI. But unfortunately this module is awful. It hangs every minute. And I found that You've made wireless video streaming using USB WLAN dongle (WL-294) in Your project Marcy2. I tried to look for source code of this project but I can't find it. Could You share me this part of code that controls Wi-Fi. If You don't want to share with it, maybe could You show me some descriptions that helped You do this.
Thank You for help
jb

Quick Reply