This thread is privately moderated by BladeScraper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 20, 2013, 08:33 PM
Custom User Title
Thread OP
Discussion

Nano CPX

I went to an indoor fly in today.

My buddy had a Nano CPX, I had flown it before. Last time I flew it, I told him it needed a new main motor. So, this time, he had a new motor, it just wasn't installed. So after getting annoyed with the pathetic weak power of a dead motor, I moved the wires out of the way, unplugged the motor, and put the new one. Without having to take the heli apart, which was a relief.

I was amazed at how much power it had... with a new motor, this thing is sick! I also got a Xtreme Turbo Tail for the Nano CPX, and installed it before I even flew it the first time, as soon as I got there. Tail is rock solid.

So, I started doing 3D. Like, hard 3D. I'm talking hurricanes, funnels, piroflips, rainbows, elevator tic tocs, aileron tic tocs, etc. The hurricanes were full collective inverted tail first hurricanes too.... which would have murderized the dead motor. The new one handled it like a champ! Gosh, it got going fast too... it was scary, even for a 30g nano helicopter

So, I'm in love, but I hate it because those motors die so darn fast. If I get one, ever, it's going to be brushless. But, I may not get one anyway
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply