Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 19, 2013, 07:12 PM
FastEddyBearings
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

How to replace the bearings in the 350QX

Just a quick and simple tutorial of replacing the bearings in your 350QX
http://www.fasteddybearings.com/blh7802/

It takes about 5-10 minutes per motor. In the main QX thread there is a video made by someone else that can offer some great tips and tricks that aren't included in this pictorial. Use the tools you have available and a little thought processing and you will do just fine.

You can take the entire top off your 350QX or do one arm at a time. No mater what way you choose, keep track of the one /s that you have done so you dont try to re-do on that already done.

I chose to do 0ne arm at a time and started with arm 1 so I could keep track.

Remove ALL the small screws on one arm

Remove the 4 motor screws

Carefully separate the arm and pull the motor out to one side. The motor needs to be lifted off the centering pins (Photo later in this post) molded into the chassis so dont just try to yank it out.

Unplug and remove the motor. Look on the bottom and you will see an E-Clip
http://www.fasteddybearings.com/3mm-...hate-10-units/

Remove the clip and under it will be either 1 or 2 shims each motor is different. Remove them and be careful not to loose them or the clip. The clip and get sucked up in the motor from the magnets and screw you all up.

Pull on the base and the outer part of the motor to separate the 2 halves.

Removing the base bearing is the easiest and I like to do it first so when its out it will expose the top bearing making it easier to get out.

Lots of ways to skin the cat from here to remove the bearings. I like to find an object that is flat with a hollow center. I so happened to have a medium sized bearing hanging out as seen in the photo but there are many things that can work such as a socket or a closed end wrench. Dont use a beer cap, the edges are sharp. You want a flat object.

Place the motor armature base down on the object you chose. Use a punch, hex wrench, small screwdriver or whatever, that is thin and at an angle can reach the bearing. Lean it sidewise to find the edge of the bearing and tap it out EASILY a little at a time in a star pattern. DONT GO APESHIT ON IT Just a little at a time till it pops out.

Once the first one is out the 2nd one is more exposed and is easier to get at.

At this point you can do this one the same way or find a larger object such as a Phillips head screwdriver that will allow you to punch it from the center hole rather then the side. Be careful not to damage the wires on the armature bottom while you are punching the bearing out. Be gentle and it will come out.

Place the new bearing in the hole NICE AND SQUARE not cocked off to one side.

Use your finger and put pressure on the bearing and it should just slide right in and seat.

You may need to rock it a bit but it shouldn't take much pressure to get it fully in and seated. If needed you can use the old bearing and set it on top on the new one and tap it in. Most of the time you wont need to do this.

Here is a fully seated bearing. Make sure to put both bearings in.

Slide the shaft into the bearings and the magnets will pull the motor together.
Place the shim and or shims back onto the shaft. If there are 2 shims make sure they are both fully seated and the top one is not in the e-clip slot like the photo below. They BOTH NEED TO BE UNDER THE CLIP GROVE. When seated properly id the grove is not visible, make sure the bearings are seated properly. If so, remove one shim. Replace the e-clip making sure its fully seated by spinning it in the grove.

Walaaaa You rebuilt the motor.

To install the motor back in the 350QX, you will just reverse the order above for removal. PAY EXTRA ATTENTION TO THE ALIGNMENT PINS. I marked them with a purple marker so you could more easily see them in the photo.

Align them up with the 2 holes in the motor that ARE NOT SCREW HOLES

Tighten the motor down SNUG in a star pattern, not all at one time.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Team FastEddy; Oct 19, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2013, 07:41 PM
Suspended Account
Which bearings do you recommend? I'm not needing any yet but I do have your page saved. Great to know you don't have to take the whole thing apart to change the bearings or even a motor for that matter. Thanks for the information.
Oct 20, 2013, 12:51 AM
FastEddyBearings
Thread OP
I installed the ceramic bearings.
Honestly, if your going to do it, it doesn't cost that much more to get the best.
If your on a budget, then get the standard replacements.
Oct 21, 2013, 11:55 PM
FastEddyBearings
Thread OP
All orders shipped
Thanks!
Oct 22, 2013, 06:09 AM
Suspended Account
Ok thanks. I'll probably be ordering some soon seeing as I'm flying my 350 on a regular basis.
Nov 30, 2013, 06:06 PM

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team FastEddy
I installed the ceramic bearings.
Honestly, if your going to do it, it doesn't cost that much more to get the best.
If your on a budget, then get the standard replacements.
Do you know where I can Purchase the Snap clip and spacers for BLH7802 motor I have a problem, they disappeared.

Quick Reply