Feb 21, 2004, 10:46 AM
Thread OP

New Mount / New Plane / New Camera

I should be geting my new Sony T1 camera any day now so I better get to makeing a mount for the Sony T1 to go on the new camera plane that is just about finished also.
Here are some construction pictures of the camera mount. I cant mount the servo to trigger the camera yet till i recive the camera.

BAR-STOOL
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2004, 10:47 AM
Thread OP
PIC 2
Feb 21, 2004, 10:48 AM
Thread OP
PIC 3
Feb 21, 2004, 10:49 AM
Thread OP
PIC 4
Feb 21, 2004, 10:50 AM
Thread OP
PIC 5
Feb 21, 2004, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
PIC 6
Feb 21, 2004, 11:01 AM
Thread OP
PIC 7

I did a twin so I could put the camera up front and do movies. the Sony T 1 will do 30 FPS and is only limited by the size of the memory card.
I will be useing a 4200 ma 7.2 v lithium. Thunder power battery and its wt. is 6 1/4 oz

BAR-STOOL
Last edited by BAR-STOOL; Feb 21, 2004 at 11:10 AM.
Feb 21, 2004, 12:32 PM
Great workmanship. I really like the design. Where do you get those small plastic threaded knobs?

Bill
Feb 21, 2004, 12:33 PM
Looks like you did a really nice job.

The only problem I see is your going to have a lot of drag/frontal area, (parasitic drag) for those windy days and climbouts. Also, the added complexity of twin motors carring an expensive camera face forward could be a problem if one of the motors quits. The asymmetrical thrust caused from one motor cutting out could be a unpleasent situation.

I hope it works for you, post the flight results.
Last edited by Zoomzoom; Feb 21, 2004 at 12:41 PM.
Feb 21, 2004, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by Wildbill10269
Great workmanship. I really like the design. Where do you get those small plastic threaded knobs?

Bill
Thay come from McMaster carr

BAR-STOOL
Feb 21, 2004, 03:22 PM
The bar doubles as a wing brace and motor stabalizer, correct? You are so creative with the mounting stuff!
Feb 21, 2004, 04:36 PM
That mount is beautiful! And I'm gonna have to steal your cross-brace idea for my SS twin..you never cease to amaze me with your fantastic work.
Just curious, what thickness plywood is the mount, and what's the AUW of the mount?
I've been tinkering with a tethered balloon low altitude A/P idea, and your mount may be just what the doctor ordered..
Feb 21, 2004, 04:56 PM

Control rods??

In post #7 the photo shows the control rods.
They don't look supported along the most of their length? Any supports at all?

What size carbon rod is that?

You don't get any bowing - especially on compression , like a full left turn on rudder?

Very nice work on the camera mount!

Thanks,

Sierra Gold
Feb 21, 2004, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by ZRX Doug
That mount is beautiful! And I'm gonna have to steal your cross-brace idea for my SS twin..you never cease to amaze me with your fantastic work.
Just curious, what thickness plywood is the mount, and what's the AUW of the mount?
I've been tinkering with a tethered balloon low altitude A/P idea, and your mount may be just what the doctor ordered..
Thanks for the kind words.
The mount is made from 1/8" and 1/4" liteply. The back pcs with the big hple in it is 1/4" and the rest is 1/8"
The wt. as you see it is 1.5 oz

BAR-STOOL
Feb 21, 2004, 05:09 PM
Thread OP

Re: Control rods??

Quote:
Originally posted by sierra-gold
In post #7 the photo shows the control rods.
They don't look supported along the most of their length? Any supports at all?

What size carbon rod is that?

You don't get any bowing - especially on compression , like a full left turn on rudder?

Very nice work on the camera mount!

Thanks,

Sierra Gold
HI
The rods are .098 carbon fiber. On this SS the servos are mounted behind the wing so the rods are a little shorter than a stock SS I use the same .098 carbon fiber rods on SS with the servos under the wings and thay are not suported and it is a mutch more rigid (NO BOWING) and 10 x more rigid than useing the stock SS wires.

BAR-STOOL

Quick Reply