Turnigy 9XR Pro, new open source radio - Page 51 - RC Groups
Jun 05, 2014, 08:16 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Nahh, I'm not going down to the same level.. I'm here to discuss the pro and help who needs the best I can, not to go into fights and discuss who has the biggest.. and the best.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2014, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre
My HK orders from the international warehouse always take 28-30 days. Domestic warehouse: 4-5 days.
Mine take only two weeks exactly to Louisiana. Be sure to use Swiss post.
Jun 05, 2014, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre
Well it's obvious who the gay troll is! And as far as the xmtr he's gaga over . . . Taranisaurus . . . It's a dinosaur! He's just jealous. He knows our unit is better. Perhaps we should go over to the t-rex thread and have a little fun of our own, eh gents?
This kind of comment is the worst part of open source radios going mainstream.
Jun 05, 2014, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
I've just done a commit including this file. You will also get quite a few changes to other source files.

What changes to the sources are you looking to make?

Mike.
Cheers! "maintenance.h" seems to be missing though...

If I get some time, I'd like to implement ArduPilot telemetry in parallel with FrSky telemetry, i.e. being able to choose a telemetry system for each model.
Jun 05, 2014, 10:11 PM
I dont like crashes!
Cant believe it! 2000 pages on the Taranis thread in one year!!!
Jun 05, 2014, 10:13 PM
Avionics tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen
This kind of comment is the worst part of open source radios going mainstream.
Normally I ignore it and consider the source. But gettin' a bit tired of his incessant assaults. Why do you tolerate it?
Jun 05, 2014, 10:19 PM
There's always the "ignore list" on your "my rcgroups" page. Makes the forums much better to read.........
Jun 05, 2014, 10:24 PM
Avionics tech
Yes of course. And to show I'm civil, I just deleted my reactionary commentary in post #750. I want no.problems here, just help.and advice with my Pro after I receive it. Thank you.
Jun 05, 2014, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNorth
The Pro fills the needs of people looking for a inexpensixe yet powerful platform.
, and for those who like to tinker with the Radio itself as part of the hobby , or make their own custom FPV platforms.

The main board layout is far more logical and straight forward for those wanting to adopt the electronics into their own creations .
The Pro was designed for expansion , allowing the end users to add extra features just by plugging into the on board connectors.

These electronics sold for almost $100 last year , now for that price you get a workable radio , with sound , SD card , USB , Haptic buzzer, Backlit LCD .

Having a second Open Source Software Radio , can only be a good thing .
I know! Amazing! The work you've done is wonderful!
... Now what about the thing which my fingers touch the most, the Gimbals?... if only they made those equally "Expandable, customizable,adjustable, improveable". It would really be a Taranis Killer, scuse the expression.

But maybe I'm being too picky... from my reading, the gimbals seem to have adequate spring tension, some guys even want them with less tension....
is that measurable or demonstratible in any way?
Jun 05, 2014, 11:32 PM
Hello,
Does the rotary encoder take the place of the push buttons or are some push buttons required for some operations?

Regards,
Eusebio
Jun 05, 2014, 11:59 PM
Will the rumored orange DSM module support model match?
Jun 06, 2014, 03:07 AM
This might be a stupid question, but the Pro will be my first Tx and I'll have to learn a lot.

In this video (
Welcome to the Turnigy 9XR Pro, Part 4: Mixing (8 min 31 sec)
) it is shown how you can add two channels with servos to one input (e.g. move channel 1 and 2 with the throttle axis). Will the same be possible with one motor and one servo? I'm thinking of an aircraft configuration in which I'd like to link one motor to throttle with the elevator.

How do both work? A servo I believe works on constant voltage and has a potentiometer to limit the resistance? And a motor I think is just more voltage = more power? So that makes me doubt you can put them on the input?

Maybe I'll just stop thinking ahead and wait until it's here. Can't wait to start programming that stuff
Jun 06, 2014, 03:55 AM
RC Warjet
Does anyone know if the newest ersky version for the Pro will work on the 9XR?
Jun 06, 2014, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warjet1950
Does anyone know if the newest ersky version for the Pro will work on the 9XR?
No. The ersky version of the firmware is for the ARM processor based boards like the 9XR-PRO and the SkyBoard. The old 9XR and the 9x radio use the er9x version of the firmware.
Jun 06, 2014, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoorthamers

How do both work? A servo I believe works on constant voltage and has a potentiometer to limit the resistance? And a motor I think is just more voltage = more power? So that makes me doubt you can put them on the input?
No. The transmitter sends a train of pulses to the receiver with the information of the position of all channels at one given moment. Each pulse's lenght vary according to the stick position. So, then the receiver gets this signal and sends each pulse to the right channel. Again this pulse will be longer or shorter depending on the stick position. Then a servo reads this pulse and will move to the right position. Of course, many pulses are sent per second. About 50 in normal systems. So the servo will be given a new position 50 times in a second. Difficult to imagine, right?
For the motors, you were half correct They are connected to an Electronic Speed Controller (ESC), that reads the pulses from the receiver channel and then depending on the position of the throttle stick, and consequent size of the pulse, gives more or less voltage to the motor.
So, both servo and ESC receive their command pulses from the rx.
Now, answering your other question, yes you can assign the same stick to all different channels and it will control all of them. You can for example, on a twin engine aircraft, plug each motor on it's own channel and control both channels with the same stick. You can even apply some differential thrust to help you turn on the ground. That means that when you apply rudder one of the motors will spin faster than the other and help turning.. there are endless things you can do with this firmware..

I hope it helped..