Turnigy 9XR Pro, new open source radio - Page 101 - RC Groups
Jul 29, 2014, 04:19 AM
All the gear, but no idea!
Any news on the FRSky front, I was looking at a new receivers yesterday but decided to hold fire till I knew for sure
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2014, 04:51 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Well after no receipt of the item I filed a PayPal claim.....it's just been resolved in my favour
Faster than messing about with HK customer service.
Jul 29, 2014, 05:07 AM
Ersky9x Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscottmcqueen
Any news on the FRSky front, I was looking at a new receivers yesterday but decided to hold fire till I knew for sure
I'm just chasing this up now. It seems it is all OK, I just need one more confirmation from HK.

Mike.
Jul 29, 2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus
Well after no receipt of the item I filed a PayPal claim.....it's just been resolved in my favour
Faster than messing about with HK customer service.
Shame they messed this up, not having a Taranis I couldn't tell you if this is a better/worse radio but I'm enjoying mine (then again I'm only a newbie to the rc world).

I would give it another try
Jul 29, 2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
I'm just chasing this up now. It seems it is all OK, I just need one more confirmation from HK.

Mike.
I shall put my 'patient' hat back on
Jul 29, 2014, 10:05 AM
Registered Addict
Is LUA script working on this radio too? Just started experimenting with it on my taranis.

would be nice to have it on my pro too :-)
Jul 29, 2014, 10:21 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Not in the original firmware, no. Maybe opentx?

What use would you give it? Anything useful that you can't do at the moment with the current firmware?
I'm not trying to be funny, just trying to understand why we would want it on the pro. And we also don't even know if it would be possible yet.
I don't see any advantage of having it at the moment apart for creating more confusion and making the firmware less user friendly, as LUA programming is certainly not for everyone..
Jul 29, 2014, 10:25 AM
Hi
I've been following this thread and decided to buy a 9xr pro mode 2. Never owned 9x before always Spektrum futaba.

Once arrived is great but I've just through the calibration menu and the left thr stick moves crazily on the screen not smooth like the ail/elev stick. Never stays in the middle of the dot and when moving to end points the top part doesn't reach on the screen corner and when coming from straight up to straight down the ball alignment jumps to one side in this movement not straight on screen even though all trims are centred.
Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is it a dodgy transmitter.
Also the turn pots never centre on the bar chart looking display.

I plugged in my new Ezuhf jr module and it seems as if noise is spewing to radio because it makes the internal speaker make funny noises. Got diamond antenna on it. And IBcrazy notch filter.
If I hold antenna with hand it stops the noise like I've grounded it somehow.

Any help with these issues would be very grateful as I want to grow with this controller but too many new things and functions to learn and not having the best of luck at the moment.
Thanks a lot
Crash Monkey
Jul 29, 2014, 10:49 AM
That sounds like a faulty pot on the stick. But open the radio and see if all the connectors are fully seated. You might be lucky and that is the problem. Please report back..
Last edited by jhsa; Jul 29, 2014 at 10:56 AM.
Jul 29, 2014, 11:04 AM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
Not in the original firmware, no. Maybe opentx?

What use would you give it? Anything useful that you can't do at the moment with the current firmware?
I'm not trying to be funny, just trying to understand why we would want it on the pro. And we also don't even know if it would be possible yet.
I don't see any advantage of having it at the moment apart for creating more confusion and making the firmware less user friendly, as LUA programming is certainly not for everyone..
Good question, I'm not sure. it's just that geek in me who wants that feature.

But it might open up for very custom telemetry screens, or as shown on the taranis a nice tutorial script for easy setup a new model.

And since Open TX has it on the taranis I just wondered if it was possible on the pro too
Jul 29, 2014, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscottmcqueen
Me too, tell the wife I will be home at 7 and watch the minutes tick away till about 8:30
haha yeh I do that.. "just popping out for a quick flight hun.. back in 1/2 an hour.. 3 hours later...

wifey wants an alarm SHE can set that lands my quad without my permission then shouts "get home" at me in a cross voice
Jul 29, 2014, 11:59 AM
Ersky9x Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern
Is LUA script working on this radio too? Just started experimenting with it on my taranis.

would be nice to have it on my pro too :-)
Not at present on ersky9x. It may be possible to include it, I will need some time to look into it though.
I have, however, added some other features openTx doesn't have. Have a look at Scalers (Go down the Global Variables menu). These take almost anything as an input, scale it with an offset, multiplier and divider, let yoy specify the number of decimal places in the result and also allow a 'unit' to be selected. The result can then be used in most places (mix source, custom switch, telemetry display, voice output etc.).

Mike.
Jul 29, 2014, 12:52 PM
Registered Addict
Trying to troubleshoot why I can't get telemetry working.

I have a 9XR Pro wit a DJT Frsky module, attatched the cable to the RxD & TxR & to the Futaba socket in my 9xr.
Running latest OpenTX 2.0.8
Binded to a D8R-2 plus

In my settings I have set Type to: FrSky D (cable).

And it still says No Data. Any ideas?

EDIT:

Just to be 100% sure my module is getting telemetry back from the RX I hooked up the frsky display, and it works. So it has to be somewhere between my module and my radio :P

EDIT2:

Leaving it on the shelf next to me while searching for guides or help suddenly my 9XR Pro`s haptic feedback went nuts!

After looking on it for a while I see telemetry data showing up while its humming from haptic feedback. It's actually getting random bits of telemetry... Only lasting half a second each 20-30 seconds.

So I binded to another D8R-II Plus RX just to check if my Rx was broken, but the same story goes with the other RX.

HAH!

Just flashed ersky9x firmware, and voila! Working I'm sticking with this firmware for a while now hehe.
Last edited by Stigern; Jul 29, 2014 at 01:20 PM.
Jul 29, 2014, 02:30 PM
Go to the telemetry 2 menu (I think) and change the frsky com port to 2
Jul 29, 2014, 02:32 PM
You have to flash the ersky9xr firmware..