Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Feb 20, 2004, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by brucie1dog
Question

Multiplex Easy Star RTF Help!

I just opened the box for the Easy Star. The instructions are un 97 different languages...however. I need some help here with basic set-up and charging the battery.

The battery is attached by Velcro all the way to the front. It looks as if they don't want you to take it out. So I guess I'll charge it inside the plane?

Can I connect the battery to to my Watt-Age Park Flyer charger instead of the enclosed 30 minute charger?
If so for how long? And what charger current adjustment?

Any other set-up tips would be appreciated!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by Peter Young
Dead stick!!
Usually batteries are removed regularly - it would be unusual to charge the battery in the plane, but having said that, it's not a problem to do so - just inconvenient. I guess what I am saying is I'd look for a better system to secure the battery (such as a velcro loop over the battery, rather than velcro along the actual battery).

I don't know the battery you have, or charger, so it's hard to give advice. Usually nicads are able to charge at 2C - so a 1000 mah battery can charge at 2 Amps, a 600 mah at 1.2 amps etc. I tend to charge nimh's slower - say 1.5C.

If your watt-age charger is a peak detection charger it will be much better using this than a timed charger. The main thing is that the battery should be warm at the end of the charge - if not, it is probably not fully charged.

I hope this helps. They look like nice planes. Interested to hear how you get on.

Peter
Last edited by Peter Young; Feb 21, 2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 12:49 PM
Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Brucie,
there is the 'mother' of all threads over in the Foamies section specifically about the EasyStar, you may get some answers there ?

The original thread is here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...92#post1840592

..and the MK2 version is here (original was too long):
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hreadid=200476

Good luck,

Adam