JC EVO 23cc from AeroGasRC - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 17, 2013, 10:34 AM
Registered User
Discussion

JC EVO 23cc from AeroGasRC


Does anyone have a JC Evo 23cc engine? I would like some feedback about this engine. Also has anyone dealt with aerogasrc.com? I am considering ordering one. A friend of mine has a JC Evo 28cc and he really likes it but the 23cc is made a little different. It shows good power numbers and I haven't really found any comparable engines. I would like some more information about it before I lay down the cash.

http://www.aerogasrc.com/jc-evo-23cc.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2013, 11:28 PM
Registered User
You can reed about them over on flying giants . Theres enough info to read there until the cows come home . Some good some bad , which from what I can gather is the fault of the man behind the engines and there lack of Q.C. cheers the pope
Oct 19, 2013, 07:42 PM
Gas Only
Fokker DII's Avatar
By all means read about the company behind this engine over on flying giants. Beware of longevity AND Customer Service before buying.
Oct 23, 2013, 10:33 PM
Registered User
Any JC engine sold through Aerogasrc.com are backed by my company no matter what for the 2 yr warranty period.

Doug styles
Aerogasrc.com
owner
Oct 26, 2013, 04:59 AM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
You can't go wrong with Aerogasrc. I've know a few people that have dealt with them.
They have a 1st class customer service.
Most likely if your going to have any problems with a JC it will be with in the warranty period.
Oct 26, 2013, 08:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogasrc
Any JC engine sold through Aerogasrc.com are backed by my company no matter what for the 2 yr warranty period.

Doug styles
Aerogasrc.com
owner
No disrespect to you, but the JC track record has not only stiffed the buyer, but especially the dealers, who have had to "eat" a lot of bad engines and cannibalize for parts when the mfg won't provide the parts for warranty work. I have a couple of JC 28s and I like them, but I know that if I ever need parts they are a throwaway.
Oct 26, 2013, 09:25 AM
Registered User
On the JC 28 Milton at RC extreme still has some parts and some of the 30 cc parts will interchange. As far as the rest of the line,We have no problem getting parts from the factory,. We carry in stock parts for the 23 through the 120. I cant speak for other dealer of what happened in the past but were not them and we will cover the engine we sell for the two year warranty, parts and labor is 100% free, we only require the customer to pay shipping to and from Aerogasrc.

Every engine we sell is 100% inspected before it is shipped. We make sure everything is in the box including instruction manuals, warranty card with serial number, newest RCEXL ignition module and all hardware.
Last edited by Aerogasrc; Oct 26, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
Oct 30, 2013, 12:18 PM
The bearing guy

JC warranty


Does JC charge a service fee for warranty repairs? I have a customer who was charged $50 to repair a defective JC23 EVO II even though it was admitted that there was a bad crank design.
Oct 31, 2013, 12:13 PM
The bearing guy
BTW, I stopped selling these engines because JC Engines decided to allow Hobbyking to sell them for near what dealers can get them for. Of course, you won't get any warranty on them other than what Hobbyking will give you.
Nov 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
Registered User
That is why I do not care about Hobbyking by the time you pay the shipping your with in 20 or 30 bucks of my price and we have free shipping plus you when you have a issue we take care of it there no dealing with china or having to wait a long time to get your engine warranty.

So you have to ask yourself this question is better to save 15.00 and have no chance of warranty on jc engine or spend the extra 20 and be taken care of when you have a issue.
Nov 04, 2013, 07:03 PM
Registered User
FlyawayClyde's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogasrc
That is why I do not care about Hobbyking by the time you pay the shipping your with in 20 or 30 bucks of my price and we have free shipping plus you when you have a issue we take care of it there no dealing with china or having to wait a long time to get your engine warranty.

So you have to ask yourself this question is better to save 15.00 and have no chance of warranty on jc engine or spend the extra 20 and be taken care of when you have a issue.
Thats a no brainier.
Nov 06, 2013, 11:23 AM
Registered User
I have one that had an admitted design flaw with the crankshaft. I paid shipping both ways and $50 labor to have it fixed. If the engine had been pre-run, the flaw would have been discovered in the 1st 30 seconds and I would not have been out an additional $83 before it had been installed in the airplane I had bought just for that engine. Oh yes-it was 2 months gone and as result, I have another engine in the intended airplane and it has been doing just fine. The engine is now setting on a shelf awaiting another project.
Oct 18, 2017, 05:01 PM
Crashing aircraft since 1975
Broken wing 31's Avatar

Much Ado About Nothing


I have the JC Evolution 23cc engine and it has performed flawlessly for me for several years now no need for any bearing replacement no need for any gaskets for leaking SEALS or any of this stuff that everyone else is talking about I have the ability to start this engine on choke by hand and then after it has run I can start it at idle every time no problems throughout the Power Band no issues stalling and absolutely no vibration smoothest engine I have ever run .... I just wish I could get another broken wing 31 thank you and goodnight
Oct 18, 2017, 06:10 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken wing 31
I have the JC Evolution 23cc engine and it has performed flawlessly for me for several years now no need for any bearing replacement no need for any gaskets for leaking SEALS or any of this stuff that everyone else is talking about I have the ability to start this engine on choke by hand and then after it has run I can start it at idle every time no problems throughout the Power Band no issues stalling and absolutely no vibration smoothest engine I have ever run .... I just wish I could get another broken wing 31 thank you and goodnight
LOL you are reviving a thread that is 4 years old on an engine that is no longer available. What is your point? Is it helpful to the rest of us?
Oct 18, 2017, 07:49 PM
Registered User
Just for grins to continue this old thread, I too have a 23cc JC EVO. Ive ran 2-3 gallons of gas through it this summer. Its got decent power, turns a 16x8 Xoar beechwood prop at 8200 rpm. Starts easily by hand, runs well, idles well. The only issue is the crank seal is leaking, but it has not seemed to affect the way it runs so Im not going to waste the time trying to find a seal for it.

I have no idea how many gallons have been through it as I bought the plane used with this engine on it. Its a shame the owner of JC was a... for lack of a better word... a dirtbag. A few guys at our club have JC 120's that have run like a swiss watch with 0 trouble as well. It really doesnt matter though, as JC hasnt been in business for years. Once this little 23cc wears out, it will get thrown in the scrap barrel.