Aug 19, 2019, 10:56 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport
Post this a few days ago! Deleted new post.
I saw your spars look identical to mine. Great minds think alike
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 11:01 AM
The Other Side of Your Screen
All those years ago when you were posting pictures of your wings bending like a bird flapping it's wings, I had these ideas .... you had the necessity. I may have never noticed the weakness if all 3 of my servos didn't get knocked out of their holes from my prop screw landing.
Aug 19, 2019, 11:10 AM
Registered Abuser
Haha I remember those pics, that was some crazy flex! Mine has been through a lot and has had its wings broken a few times, the nose broke off, a stick ran through the wing... it really is a tough plane for how small and fragile it may seem.

I'm starting to get a bit upset with mine too, though. I fried a BL180 3000kv after a couple hundred flights. Replaced it with another BL180 that fried on its first flight. I swapped ESC's and tried another BL180 and it lasted only a few flights. Now I swapped to another known good ESC and a 1306 quad motor with a 4040 prop and it lasted only 3 flights! Why can't I keep a motor in this plane after the first one lasted so long?!
Aug 19, 2019, 12:48 PM
Mine has only about 132 flights on it ... 12 with OEM motor, the smoke turned on shortly after toss on 13th. On the 180 motor I have only used the Zipper OEM prop. One day I will have to throw the 3000KV I have in this one, cuz the other Zipper is gonna stay NIB till this one can't fly anymore for unfixable reasons.

As for my fix ... a little hot water got the nose back right and a bit of a wrinkle on the right side above the wing .... sanded down some of the bubbles, repainted the Yellow and Foam Tac'd the servos back in. The OEM Adhesive had totally failed ..... NOTE TO OTHERS ..... check your servos, especially the elevator one inside the fuse. I have almost always had packing tape running between the servo protectors on the wing centered along the servo wire channel ... so those would not have come out in flight .... but none the less, when I remove the tape 1 fell out, the other was already out from the "landing"
Aug 19, 2019, 01:48 PM
Registered Abuser
My elevator servo was loose out of the box. After a few flights with the stock elevator servo it quit centering very well so I swapped it out. My aileron servos are stock, but I did have one fall out during flight I noticed something dangling so I landed and saw the servo hanging by the servo wire and control rod. The funny thing is that it still flew fine that way
Aug 19, 2019, 02:36 PM
You must have been using rudder and thrust vectoring to get it to come in, instead of crank and yank like the rest of us.
Sep 10, 2019, 08:47 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...tec-Zipper-PNP
Sep 10, 2019, 10:10 PM
Nice clean Zipper .... looks like the factory painted version. Too bad not close enough for me.
Sep 11, 2019, 12:58 PM
Never was a "factory painted" version available for purchase.

Seen one as a demo at the AMA expo when they 1st came out, but when I asked if I could buy that one, they said they don't sale painted ones.
Sep 11, 2019, 03:53 PM
Then it must be the one they took a picture of and put on the box ..... or the seller has some mad painting skills as it looks identical. I wasn't back around when they came out, but I thought I saw something regarding them being painted, as well as the selling price was around two to three times what most of use bought our unpainted ones for.
Sep 11, 2019, 08:18 PM
I bought mine in Jan 2014 at the AMA Expo, not long after the release.
As I recall, the list price at that time was 109.99 & came unpainted.
Myself & a friend that was with me , paid 90.00 & felt that was a pretty good deal.

BTW, the one that guys selling, doesn't have checkerboards on the wings & the display painted ones did.
There are also other differences with that one to (look at the front of the Zipper manual)

Actually it's quite easy to paint this plane.

Added:
First page of this thread, price was originally 109.99, not painted.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...er-P2GO-Review
Last edited by Clive66; Sep 11, 2019 at 08:44 PM.
Sep 11, 2019, 11:57 PM
It was even easy to repaint mine when I did a little repair a few weeks ago.

True on the checkerboards. I got the graphic for mine from 2BrothersHobby. It has held up well, but It is peeling a bit at the leading edge now. It has been almost 4 years I have had it now.
Sep 13, 2019, 11:20 AM
Hey guys!!!

Have a problem:

Mine won’t fly!!!!!

Several years old, assembled per manual, balanced @ specified cg (leading edge of aileron servos).. At launch, rolls to right and down she goes!! Maybe tail heavy??? Any suggestions???

Thanks!!!
Sep 13, 2019, 11:23 AM
Need more info. What are you using for the power system .... motor esc battery prop
Sep 13, 2019, 11:29 AM
"OEM" prop, ESC...

2S 500mha batt.

Quick Reply