Oct 17, 2013, 02:24 PM
tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis
Dont know if anybody has a thread on this

1517mm in Length, 1017 Wingspan, Twin 70mm Fans, Full CNC Worm Drive Retract System with Electronic Breaking System, Leading Edge Slats and Flaps, and complete in Scale and Detail. Suggested Battery 4000mAh 6S 25C+ Lipo.

http://www.ready2fly.com/pi/F-4-Phantom.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQbfJcMsaI
very nice.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2013, 04:19 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert

Y'know.....

The big FlyFly is a nice target for anyone who really wants to improve the Rhino breed; but somehow this one ain't it for me.

It looks pretty good....but then the LE slats come up, instead of out; gear stance is way wide and way high; and the exhaust cones.....aie......what happened?

Paint is subjective. Looks an awful lot like a huge clay pigeon to me - Pete really better not fly over the range, if he gets one to video. In something other it will look great.

But right now, for me, it's nice but I'm not gonna retire the FlyFly for one. JMHO.
Oct 17, 2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomme21
try this
Looks like the lx is a few inches longer than the flyfly.
Oct 17, 2013, 08:51 PM
Yeah..but so is the wingspan slightly larger.

As for the down thrust on the exit nozzles, that can be easily changed.

The planes landing gear is NOT too long. Its pretty accurate. Note this REAL F-4s landing gear.....
Oct 17, 2013, 11:42 PM
I emailed banana hobby, and they will not be carrying this one.
Oct 18, 2013, 12:59 AM
Lecturer and Chief UAV Pilot
I will agree that some of the stuff is not totally scale.

The gear looks pretty close and I'm sure if you put covers on it would also look better.

The Slats definitely don't look correct but I think it's the best they could probably think of. I would get different hinges to make it more scale.

I'm also not overly keen on the colour scheme. You'll have to wait until mid next year for other colours to come out.

I intend to buy one, test it all out and then do a bunch of modifications and change the scheme to the RAAF.

The plane will only just fit into my car but I think it will be worth the time, money and effort. I'd prefer to wait for an F-111 to turn up but I don't think that will happen in the near future. Pity, as I think it would really sell well.

Peter
Oct 18, 2013, 01:13 AM
+1 on an F111.

I'll probably get this f4 too. Many of its non scale issues are quick fixes. I'm hoping for a kit version that would make a repaint easier. I don't hate the orange but its not my favorite.

Looking into the German Phantoms, they were F4E's. This one is pretty close to scale other than the nose being too short and the absence of the cannon. If repainting, the nose should be easy to fix.

And gear doors!
Last edited by Rangerfan; Oct 18, 2013 at 01:48 AM.
Oct 18, 2013, 01:56 AM
Lecturer and Chief UAV Pilot
I believe the German F-4's were all of the F model
Oct 18, 2013, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie69_2000
I believe the German F-4's were all of the F model
I think you're right. The F was a stripped down E for export.
Oct 19, 2013, 01:01 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
Yeah..but so is the wingspan slightly larger.

As for the down thrust on the exit nozzles, that can be easily changed.

The planes landing gear is NOT too long. Its pretty accurate. Note this REAL F-4s landing gear.....
The gear is longer in the pic because its not sitting on the ground
Oct 19, 2013, 01:03 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
But alot of these jets that come out they always put tiny wheels on them
Oct 19, 2013, 01:59 PM
Anyone know if a (LX) retailer in the states is going to carry this? Banana isn't.
Oct 20, 2013, 06:01 PM
Did a bit of further research and the orange scheme is not the only one LX will be offering:
http://www.lxhm.us/En/Product/detail/id/53.html
Oct 20, 2013, 06:09 PM
O.K......Now I know what "SANTA'S" bringing Daddy for X-MAS....LOL. Gotta have the Jolly Rodger scheme.
Oct 20, 2013, 06:14 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Oh, yeah. Much better.

Warminster Naval Air Weapons Station here in PA flew nice dayglow orange F4 target drones for a while.....till the public found out they were unmanned, and freaked out about that. Flights ended shortly thereafter. Big clay pigeons .

Quick Reply