This thread is privately moderated by Balsabird, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 15, 2013, 09:04 PM
Balsadustus Producerus
Thread OP
Discussion

Single Channel Case

Finally, after several attempts, here are the pictures.
Latest blog entry: Bellanca Cruisair
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2016, 10:55 PM
Balsadustus Producerus
Thread OP
As it is now.
May 26, 2020, 02:22 PM
Rudder Only Lover
Really nice DeBolt Livewire Champ (Jr.?), diesel powered no less and impressed with your 2.4 GHz conversion of the umbilicaled RC tube (valve) hand control unit (1950's vintage? Base TX unit must have been a good size.)
May 27, 2020, 12:24 AM
Balsadustus Producerus
Thread OP
Actually, that's a Vic Smeed Chatterbox built off plans from Outerzone:

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1733

with an original English-made Mills .75. I'm not sure when this transmitter was made, but according to the Radio Control Hall of Fame site, it dates around 1960...well, the design does, don't know when this one was initially sold or built. If I remember correctly I think I found it in a trash can years ago at a radio control repair shop in Fallbrook, a little north of here, while having a Futaba black plastic transmitter gold-stickered. Also in the trash was a Kraft Gold Medal transmitter, completely non-operational, but it was a single-stick. I asked the repair man if I could have them and he said go ahead. Didn't have a clue what I was going to do with them, but now, the Ace (pictured) is using one of Phil Green's single-channel emulators, and a FrSky RF deck, intended for a JR module radio. Receiver is the FrSky D4R II, both from Aloft Hobbies. Servo used is a HiTec HS-40 with a torque rod arrangement and sewn rudder hinges. The Gold Medal is getting a new 2.4 deck also, along with a Ron Ellis Simple Encoder. Haven't started on it yet, probably will need new pots, but the rest of it, mechanically speaking, is OK. Right now, I'm busy building a Midwest Lil Esquire, for electric power, almost ready to cover, and converting two single-channel transmitters to 2.4; one is a Futaba FT-3A in the turquoise plastic box, and the other is a red Citizen-Ship TTX , with the push-up-to-key slide switch for the button. Odd, but it worked then and should be good enough now-a-days.

Quick Reply