Feb 20, 2004, 10:31 AM
Thread OP

trying to post my first ap,a gray day in my back yard

The first photo I have that turned out ever,need practice bad. really gray day but better than nothing, this is my back yard, I am about a third of the way down my field, it wasn't very high either, about 80 ft to 100, I am in the center of the plowed area, there is a little white dot about 6 feet from me that looks like snow but it is my little malteese thats 8 pounds, she likes to watch the plane, my house and a shed are to the upper right, the bare tree to the right is 55 feet tall, I know because we had to get My buddie doc's plane out of it 46 feet up useing a long paint pole and wood taped to the end of that to reach it
Last edited by steve ypsi mi; Feb 20, 2004 at 11:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2004, 10:53 AM
Steve

Your doing good. Your first time out and get a good photo, not a thing wrong with that. Keep playing around with it. You will be amazed at some of the pictures that you end up taking.

I've got two little dogs and I flew my IFO in the back yard. They decided they needed to protect their turf so that barked the whole flight. It was funny. I landed and they were happy.

My camera does better on sunny days, the more light the quicker the shutter speed will (auto) select. The faster the shutter speed, the better chance of getting a clear, sharp photo.

Keep up the good work and post some more photos.

Jeff H
Feb 20, 2004, 03:46 PM

tryin to post a pic again

Hello Steve,
Nice result, your dog and you......
These are the pict's and stories I enjoy most on Ezone......
Don't worrie to much on the technical quality of your images; the image itself is what matters. And if you want to lighten or sharpen them up a bit you may want to use something like Irfanview:

www.irfanview.com

, it's free to download!

See ye

HB
Feb 20, 2004, 05:35 PM
Thread OP
Harm Botman
Wow, what a difference, I will have to try that out, Thanks a lot, you made a poor photo look good
Feb 20, 2004, 06:14 PM
Steve,
Great picture...looks cold. Love that backyard and what a runway! Since you have the perfect flying spot, we will be expecting more images, especially when the weather warms.
Feb 20, 2004, 08:01 PM

Ok,

what's up - you got an ultra lite? Looks like an airport in your back yard. What are all the paths cleared etc?

Oh, and great shot considering the weather. Another RC flyer bites the AP virus..

It's great fun and you only get better at it.

We expect to see many more from you.

Gene
Feb 20, 2004, 09:16 PM
Thread OP
uniquewon
Funny you ask about the ultra light, I was going to buy one but decided againest it, Read about them for 2 year Yes I have enough room to fly one in and out.
The trails are plowed to make it eaiser to pick up plane that we landed in haste, actually crashed, we are new to flying and we have a blast, the snow was about 12 inchs deep so we would take the trail that took us closest to the plane instead of trodding thru the 12 inchs for a hundred feet or more to recover one.
I can't wait till I get better at the AP, I am going to take one of my slow sticks to lake Erie , there are some times 100 boats over a 1/2 mile square walleye fishing , I should get some pretty shots of them , I have 3 months to practice so by then I should be fair at it.

Quick Reply