This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 13, 2013, 01:28 PM
Thread OP
Cool

the birds!

in the past few days i have been involved in the most fantastic experience. somehow, zillions of birds (literally, hundreds of thousands, believe me) have chosen the area where i fly to make their stage for that extraordinary performance that some times they do early in the morning and in the evening around sunset. i can see the dark cloud from 1 end of the horizon to the other. usually from west to east, suddenly changing direction like a wave, passing right over my head. and they are not scared of my plane, so i have to shy away to avoid a collision.
why they do this, just to enjoy flying together, doing that sudden change of direction; how they synchronize their movements to perfection, is something that escapes my comprehension (and we think we are superior!).
even yesterday on my way back home, they decided to land on an area around the road, so some just landed on the road, for about 1 kilometer, and i had to slow down to a crawl to avoid rolling over them, as they were not afraid of me.
amazing how they feel confident of you, like innocent children trusting you fully.
wonderful times to treasure in the chest of remembrances.
and add this to the joy of flying model airplanes!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2013, 02:26 PM
Tempus Fugit
Phil it truly is an amazing phenomena even more so considering there can be 1000+ birds all turning at the same time, we get it here in the UK with starlings and some other flocking species but by far the largest groups are starlings.

Thanks for sharing

S
Oct 13, 2013, 06:59 PM
We have massive flocks of Canadian and snow geese leaving....it truly is crazy when that's all you can see in the sky....literally thousands of them!

Quick Reply