Oct 12, 2013, 12:47 AM
Your #1 Source for Quality FPV
Thread OP
New Product

4in1 esc for quadcopters, replacable power board, UBEC board, control board

1. Based on and upgraded from SimonK firmware, EMAX multirotor 4IN1 ESC programme is specifically designed for multirotor crafts, which greatly optimizes multirotor crafts performance.

2. Integrated 4 ESCs, and only one set of power supply input wire is needed.

3. UBEC board, control board, power board are separated, and motor wire sockets are not soldered, which make it easy to dismantle the ESC. And you can change any board if any of them go wrong.

4. You can obtain a drive current of 425A or 430A by changing the power board.

5. 4 in 1 design makes multirotor assembly no longer complicated, no longer a mess, and all applications stay in order!

EMAX Team
www.emaxmodel.com
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2013, 01:22 AM

Somebody didn't do thier homework and/or doesn't fly multirotors

"upgraded from SimonK firmware" is adding low-voltage protection and over-heat protection?

Fail

Think about it...... Which I am interested in 1) saving my $20 battery and saving my Esc or 2) saving my $1000-$2000+ multirotor?

This is why multirotor pilots use and love SimonK.... because he removed these undesirable features for multirotor pilots. You adding these undesirable features again is not an improvement.

What else did you "upgrade" with the SimonK software? The Esc software is very delicate. And, this is another reason why multirotor pilots love SimonK, because it has earned our trust. Myself, I do not want to be your beta tester for your "upgrades" to the original SimonK software. You should had used the original SimonK software as is.

Are you donating any money to SimonK for basing your software on his original work? In the multirotor world, donating money to SimonK is customary and expected if you use his code.
Last edited by QUAD4EVER; Oct 12, 2013 at 01:36 AM.
Oct 12, 2013, 05:12 AM
Thread OP
Thank you for your attention and your comments on EMAX 4IN1 ESC.
This is a new product, and we will adopt good suggestions from users and make some more improvements to make this products better.

The programming parameters and values have been simplified, so that it is easier for multirotor pilots to use, and we will launch a programming card for it.

Thank you again for your concern.

EMAX Team
Oct 28, 2013, 04:49 PM
quad4ever has right
you should only load original software from simonk with the possibilities to upgrad it by a usb or something else....if you do it you could have the best 4-1 esc for us....you could try to lowest electromgnetic noisy too
Oct 28, 2013, 05:31 PM
1sq
1sq
Emax Yin yan,

How is the heat management on these enclosed ESCs? How many hours of testing have you guys done to this wonderful 4 in 1 ESC?
What is the enclosure dimension?
Oct 28, 2013, 10:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sq
Emax Yin yan,

How is the heat management on these enclosed ESCs? How many hours of testing have you guys done to this wonderful 4 in 1 ESC?
What is the enclosure dimension?
Hello 1sq,

The thermal-conductive silicone rubber is applied, and the heat is conducted to the aluminium and released.

We fly at least 20 minutes every time without any problem.

The dimension of the ESC is 67.5mm*64.4mm*17mm (L*M*H)

Thank you for your attention.

EMAX
Oct 29, 2013, 12:02 AM
Happy Holidays
Neat
Oct 29, 2013, 12:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007
quad4ever has right
you should only load original software from simonk with the possibilities to upgrad it by a usb or something else....if you do it you could have the best 4-1 esc for us....you could try to lowest electromgnetic noisy too
Thank you for your suggestion titeuf007, we hope to make better products for multirotor pilots.

EMAX
Oct 29, 2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAX Yin Yan
Thank you for your suggestion titeuf007, we hope to make better products for multirotor pilots.

EMAX
or you could just buy the hobbywing Quattro that's been out for ages and seems to work ok, even hobbyking has copyed it and now you, your abit late don't you think..
Oct 29, 2013, 07:31 AM
I like the modular design and the screw terminals!
Oct 29, 2013, 10:59 AM
Dear EMax Team - I liked the 4in1 idea very soon and since your ESCs are replacable they are quiet what i expected but im still not very happy:

If you make a few changes, these ESCs will be awesome:

1: Please turn the Low Voltage Cut OFF - Nobody wants that

2: Make the ESC Connections more reliable - I do not trust 16 small Pins - Why no 3.5mm Gold Connectors?

3: Nobody wants to trust Luster Terminals - Please solder fixed wires or 3.5mm Connectors

4: Please use N-Fets Only and external crystals for each ESC, its pretty important

I hope these changes are possible, for me (and many other users i talked to) those 4 points are very important.
Even if it raised the price a bit, ESCs must be as reliable as possible

Greetings from Germany !
Oct 29, 2013, 12:03 PM
WZ9V, AMA 409852
My suggestions would be
- SimonK Firmware without mods (and easily updated)
- NFET design with external oscillator
- 6S input voltage
- Switching BEC
- Hexacopter version

Would be especially cool if firmware could be updated via USB (for all four ESC's) but at least make it bootloader enabled to update via throttle input to each ESC.
Oct 31, 2013, 01:19 AM
So can these be flashed with simonk?
Nov 02, 2013, 02:40 AM
im testing these right now installing it on my test quads. I don't have any problems with them. The only thing I have against it is that it's bigger than its competitor. I'm having a hard time fitting the box. What I really love about it is that in the future if this does have problems and I have to replace the esc I can do it just by replacing one of them and not all four. I'm going to do more flight test this week and I'll make some video of the test but so far I have had no problems.

I also tried pulling hard on these wires after i screw them in but its holds pretty well. I was worried that it will come lose but its stuck in there. I hope these ESC's don't fail me since I'm using this on the AD1.
Dec 02, 2013, 09:10 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)

Metal creeping

Hi!

It has come to my attention, that the ESC discussed here uses screw terminals combined with tinned wires. This is a particularly bad solution.

According to german rules for electric installations, tinned wire ends must not be used in screw terminals.
Sometimes, even german rules make sense, and this is the case here. Let me explain.
Some metals have the property of "creeping" under load.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creep_%28deformation%29

Quote:
Plastics and low-melting-temperature metals, including many solders, can begin to creep at room temperature
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw_terminal

Quote:
Wires must never be tinned with solder prior to installation in a screw terminal, since the soft metal will cold flow, resulting in a loose connection and possible fire hazard.
This means, that the tin, when exposed to the force of the screw terminal, gives in slowly under the load. The clamping force decreases, until the wire is loose in the terminal.
I had this happen myself when I build an electic applicance 10 years ago, prior to educating myself on this topic. When I adjusted something after a while, all the tinned wires in the luster terminals were loose.
Such a connection is a desaster waiting to happen.
The only correct way to prepare wire-ends for screw terninals is to crimp wire ferrules to them, preferrably the kind with additional plastic to prevent bending.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...les?uselang=de
Last edited by Julez; Dec 02, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply