Cape Cod Slope Flyers 10/12/13 - RC Groups
Oct 11, 2013, 03:57 PM
Cool

Cape Cod Slope Flyers 10/12/13

Hello there eastern slope soarers.
winds are going to be out of the East to ENEast this Saturday, so some of us northeast slope soarers are going to the Cape! Please come and join us at Beachcomber Beach, Wellfleet, Ma.
Keep in mind its 15-20mph winds, so be sure to bring some ballast.
Hope to see you there!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2013, 06:47 PM
It's time for me to fly
I'll be on the Cape this Friday - Sunday. Looking like west winds at this point. Hoping to fly at Duck Harbor on Friday (probably in the afternoon, my wife wants to wander around P-town in the morning) and maybe again Saturday after killing the bulk of the day at Oysterfest. Sunday looks like a day in the car <sigh>

-Jim
Oct 15, 2013, 07:50 PM
Dunetop Flyer
Keep an eye on the wind. Fri. morning looks good with velocity dropping in the afternoon. Maybe your both can switch activities if the forecast holds. Hope to be at DH Fri. but won't brave driving through the Oyster festivities on the weekend.
Oct 17, 2013, 01:58 PM
It's time for me to fly
Well my Cape trip is over before it started. Wife's car was hit, possibly totaled, last night. She is fine. We don't trust either of our other two cars to get us across town, nevermind 5 hours to the Cape. I guess I'll do some building this weekend.
Oct 17, 2013, 02:01 PM
Jim:
Sorry to hear it, glad to hear your wife is OK.

My wife was hit a couple of weeks ago, although the damage was minimal. Scary.

Regards-
Dave
Oct 17, 2013, 02:50 PM
Dunetop Flyer
Jim Glad your wife is fine. A car can always be replaced or fixed. Build and we'll see you sometime soon. (P-38 is all balanced and ready for the re-maiden.)
Best,
Jan
Oct 17, 2013, 06:40 PM
It's time for me to fly
Bring a photographer when you get the conditions to toss that P-38! I love those things.
Oct 26, 2013, 11:29 AM
It's time for me to fly

Duck Harbor panorama

A photo my wife took back in September. Looking south. The wind was too south that day to fly.

Looks like my next shot at coming to the Cape will be mid-November.
Oct 27, 2013, 11:57 AM
Im at duck cove on the highest ridge. Great flying. Good lift, not monsterous, easy to predict.
Nov 09, 2013, 11:56 PM
It's time for me to fly
I flew Duck for about a half hour at sunset today. Too strong for my 9 oz. foamie most of the day, but it eased off enough just before dark; my wife took a few photos.
A couple paragliders cruised through; this guy landed right next to me to chat for a few minutes then walked off the lip and sailed away
Sunday it's supposed to blow harder. Probably won't be flying....I really need a heavier plane!
Nov 10, 2013, 01:19 AM
Sorry I missed you Jim, I had to work today. Here's one of the beauties I'm building for the high speed, it came in a package weighing 28 pounds.I got this beauty for a very cheap price I had to fix the tail, the guy never completed assembling it. As you see in the picture it to dwarfs a king size bed. There are 4 servors in the nose (full size), 2 servos in the wings, and one in the tail. I have a 2000ma battery in the nose and I still need to add nose weight. I'll try to get it done tomorrow to fly there Monday, I heard its gonna be a ripper.
Nov 10, 2013, 08:49 AM
Dunetop Flyer
Jim, You need to increase the weight by a factor of 5 for the good days. Fri. morning was good at 18 mph +. Hate to see the parafoil there. Hope we don't get a copy of White Crest. Haven't seen one of them at DH in over 20 years when the park rangers became upset with them for trampling the sensitive vegetation.
Nov 10, 2013, 09:38 AM
It's time for me to fly
Cool Ventus....that ought to look great in the air.

The paraglider pilot I spoke to said he launched just south of there at a public access, I'm thinking near the Great Island parking lot?

I didn't think I would fly yesterday with the strongish winds (strong for my lightweights anyway). We spent the day wandering around Wellfleet and Ptown; checked out Duck on the way back to Brewster and the wind had dropped some. This plane (old 48" Windrider Easypro I got for next to nothing) is sluggish to begin with, and more so because the tail incidence is way off. Still very much a novice on the slope!

If you fly today, PM me and I'll try to come up. We'll probably be on the road north by late morning Monday.
Nov 11, 2013, 12:47 PM
At Duck Harbor as of Noon. Wind is at the perfect angle, so here we go.
Nov 11, 2013, 02:43 PM
It's time for me to fly
How'd it go? It was really blowing this morning but dropped way off here in Brewster by 2 pm. We're on the road back to VT now.

Hopefully we'll all cross paths on top of a dune some time!